Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: The Bachelorette - Andi's Season

I think a lot of After The Final Rose was coached. I don't believe for one minute that Nick is still devastated. I think his ego is bruised still, but he isn't moping around all sad. The whole thing with my boss's daughter he was flirting with in Chicago happened BEFORE the taping of The Men Tell All.

LOVE how Nick called out Andi about the sex. If looks could kill, oh my..... it really seems he loved her, but pretty sure at this point he has moved on, and the network is just milking the shit outta this for drama.

Why the hell didn't they announce Chris as the new Bachelor? They hinted around, but never quite said it. Wonder if he hasn't made up his mind, and now the network is trying to drum up support for broken-hearted Nick? Ugh, this is just getting to be too much....
    tulip likes this.

Elite Member

Maybe they haven't finalized the details with Chris yet or they are trying to drum up some viewers for the horrid looking Bachelor in Paradise by holding the announcement?

And yes, I will probably still tune in to hate watch Bach in Paradise. I'm that shallow.
    card likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Maybe they haven't finalized the details with Chris yet or they are trying to drum up some viewers for the horrid looking Bachelor in Paradise by holding the announcement?

And yes, I will probably still tune in to hate watch Bach in Paradise. I'm that shallow.
    Unfortunately I will also watch this trainwreck. My daughter & I love watching these trashy shows.... she goes off to college in 2 weeks so it won't be as fun watching it alone. At least I got my friends here at GR to talk shit with!
    tulip likes this.

I will attempt Bachelor in Paradise. I use to like the Bachelor Pad they use to air in the summer. Why cancel it and start another one?

Yea,...they will probably announce Chris on the new show. These tv networks and execs are real skeeves....
    card likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    Unfortunately I will also watch this trainwreck. My daughter & I love watching these trashy shows.... she goes off to college in 2 weeks so it won't be as fun watching it alone. At least I got my friends here at GR to talk shit with!
    I watch with my daughter and text with my sister. My daughter is going off to college next year...we've been doing the road trips...and she was out Monday night and I was thinking how not fun it will be to watch without her next year.
    card likes this.

I also have watched these shows with all three of my girls over the last 10 years or so. But,...one is now through college and living on her own, and one is living at college. I am on my last daughter,...and she has 2 years left of high school. Soon I will watch everything alone. Boo!!
    card and tulip like this.

Wow, all us moms are in the same boat! I was saying to my daughter this afternoon how much I'll miss her, it won't be the same watching this trainwreck without her and she said we can text during the show. Hopefully she will keep her promise, but I have a feeling as college goes on, she will forget about Monday TV texts with Mom....

WE can just start a college mom club on here and talk about the shows.
    tulip likes this.

Sounds good, Card!!! It is rough when they first leave, but you do get use to it. My last one will probably be the hardest, since there isn't one still at home to replace the one that just left.

Where is your daughter going to college? If I remember right, you are from Iowa? My 2nd daughter is in Indianola, at Simpson. My oldest went locally through Indian Hills, in Ottumwa.

Check out the thread, Iowa People, Come Hither,...under the High School section here at GR. There are several of us here!!
    Last edited by JadeStar70; July 31st, 2014 at 09:05 AM.
    tulip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Sounds good, Card!!! It is rough when they first leave, but you do get use to it. My last one will probably be the hardest, since there isn't one still at home to replace the one that just left.

Where is your daughter going to college? If I remember right, you are from Iowa? My 2nd daughter is in Indianola, at Simpson. My oldest went locally through Indian Hills, in Ottumwa.

Check out the thread, Iowa People, Come Hither,...under the High School section here at GR. There are several of us here!!
    Hey JadeStar, I'm not from Iowa, though been there many times. From the North Suburbs of Chicago. The baby girl is going to Illinois State University. She has a bunch of friends at Iowa, so she's made many visits out there.

This is a tough one, she is the baby, my son is almost 24 and lives/works back in the area.

I'll definitely check out the High School section on GR, I didn't realize there was one!

Back in 2009 in West Des Moines there was a movie being filmed out there called Smitty. How close are you to there? My friend's son was the kid in the movie, Mira Sorvino played his mom and Peter Fonda played the grandpa. They filmed out there for several weeks. We made a visit out there to see our friends and were extras on the film. We missed Peter Fonda but Mira took a liking to my daughter and let her babysit her kids when she was on set and the nanny had to tend to something else. Anyway, it was a really fun trip. I love Iowa, the Midwest in general. Glad my daughter is staying in the Midwest.
    tulip likes this.

Oh,..okay. Yea,..Des Moines is in the center of the state, and it is about 45 minutes away from us. We are in the SE corner of Iowa. For some reason I thought you were from here, too...lol But, Illinois is really close! I think it is great that your daughter is staying close to home. I hope she enjoys college and is close enough for you to visit her often!

I have a nephew that just finished college at Iowa State University and he is an engineer. He got a job in a firm in Lombard, Illinois. I sure worry about him there, being near Chicago. But I don't think he is super close, but I am not sure, either. Is the town he lives in pretty nice, and in a good area?

That is cool about the movie, Smitty. I have never heard of it, or that it was being filmed here. Usually any movie crews that hit the state are big news in the press. I will have to rent it from Netflix!! What part of the movie were you an extra? Man,...what a fun and cool experience!!
    card likes this.

Elite Member

I'm from the northern Chicago burbs too. Lombard is a western suburb. It's a nice town. He'll be fine Chicago is a great city. He'll be close enough to come downtown and have fun -- just pop onto the expressway to get there.
    card likes this.

Thanks, Tulip! Your another neighbor to my east. Nice to know about the town and area. He is a good kid, but was raised in a SMALL and rural town of about 250 people, and went to high school in a town of about 1,400 people. So college for him in Ames, Iowa was a big change. So I am sure he will do fine there,...you just hear about so much violence in Chicago and the area, it is scary thinking of him being there as a single young man.
    card likes this.

Elite Member

You're welcome. There's really no violence in the western suburbs where he is. It's very safe -- far enough from the city for those kinds of concerns. I have a niece and nephew who live in the city -- and another niece lived there for years -- without incident. Just like any big city, you need to learn where not to go.
    card likes this.

Yeah, Lombard is great! You are also fairly safe along the North Shore where tulip and I are..... Not all of Chicago is bad. The west side of the city is horrible. Like tulip said, you just gotta know where not to go. My kids went to Lollapalooza yesterday just for one day and the security was fabulous. Those big events are usually okay. However, last year my son was in Wrigleyville which is considered safe, and was robbed at gunpoint, so you just never know.

Smitty was actually back in the fall of 2009, come to think of it that's like 5 years ago (time sure flies). It is on Netflix..... we are way in the background during a street scene with the main character and a group of kids. I think my daughter & cousin made the cut but I don't even remember if I made the cut LOL.....

Bachelor in Paradise is on tonight. Do we need a new thread, or just talk about it here?

I will add Smitty to my Netflix list. It will be neat to see some Iowa scenery in a movie.

I am also glad to hear from the two of you that Lombard is a pretty good area. My nephew said he really likes it there.
    card likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information