Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor 09

fgg

i wouldn't have given back the ring. i would have sold it and done something amazing with the money.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post
    i wouldn't have given back the ring. i would have sold it and done something amazing with the money.
    Yeah, especially since the producers probably paid for it.

I feel bad for Melissa, she was totally set up for ratings. I hope she finds someone who will treat her right, she's been through enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I feel bad for Melissa, she was totally set up for ratings. I hope she finds someone who will treat her right, she's been through enough already.
    I wouldn't feel too sorry for her. People who go on these shows are asking for public humiliation. Well, they're asking for fame and recognition, but the outcome is usually public humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. But I bet all those ladies had to sign contracts with so much fine print, one of it being something to do with returning all property to ABC if the engagement is called off, blah, blah, etc., etc.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I wouldn't feel too sorry for her. People who go on these shows are asking for public humiliation. Well, they're asking for fame and recognition, but the outcome is usually public humiliation.
    You know she will be the next bachelorette.

And Deanna showing up? She has all the personality of a rock. This show is show fucking stupid. Of course I watch it though. I wonder how stupid part two will be tonight.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I'm switching back and forth between The Bachelor and The L Word. So far TLW is proving more interesting.

I kid you not when I say this, my friend (she's 26) looks pretty much EXACTLY like Molly. It's shocking how much they look alike, only I think my friend's eyes are prettier.

I swear if I could post a picture of my friend, you all would be shocked too!

I was bored by the ATFR Special #2, so I only drifted in and out, but I see Jillian will be the next Bachelorette? A Canadian?????? What's up with that? She'll be too nice to the guys (when she's not wrapping her legs around them and grabbing their butts).

I won't be watching.

Sooo...does Molly now get the same engagement ring he got back from Melissa?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I fell asleep when I saw that Melissa was not going to be on last night. I hope she got paid well for being on the show and being humiliated. I still think Jason is unattractive and I never saw the attraction the girls had for him.

Bachelor's Jason Mesnick Surprised by Backlash
    Wednesday March 4, 2009

Buzz up!Bachelor's Jason Mesnick doesn't get why people are so outraged that he dumped winner (and fiancee) Melissa Rycroft for runner-up Molly Malaney.

"I don't know if the public expected me to just pretend like I'm in a good happy relationship," he tells the Los Angeles Times. "I mean, is that what people really wanted to see? Because that was the other option, but never a real option for me."

"It sucks that everyone thinks I'm dragging Melissa over the coals right in front of everybody because it's not true," he went on. "What's funny is that everybody loves the fact that I break up with somebody every week in the regular part of the show ... and now I'm being judged."

Mesnick says he ended his relationship with Rycroft on the phone a week before the taping.

He changed his mind about wanting to be with her "right after the holidays. She didnít do anything wrong, but we had this great communication style where we could talk about anything while we were on the show, and then all of a sudden weíre together for longer periods of time afterwards and we just couldnít talk about stuff."

He says there was no discussion between the two of them about how this might play out on TV.

"Her response had been, 'How do you want me to react to that?'" he says. "I wasn't going to coach her. I just told her that we were going to talk about things again [on the show] and however she felt is how she was going to react. I'm never going to tell anyone what to say."

He says he ultimately didn't ask Molly to marry him the first time because he was scared.

"We had this young, fun, friendship relationship with a lot of passion," he says. "People who have been together for a long time all say, 'The passion is the first thing to go.' In my regular everyday life I wouldn't have stopped dating any one of [the final three]. I would have gone and tried to experience more with each of them."

How is he explaining this all to his 4-year-old son, Ty?

"I don't know," he says. "I think that I want him to look at me and just say, 'My daddy had this crazy experience and it's OK to do some things differently from other people. It's OK that relationships don't work because thatís part of real life.' I want him to see how real it was and how hard it was for me and that how much all that pain was worth it in the end."

Asked if he would ever advise Ty to find love on TV, Mesnick says, "I hope Ty would be the type of person to think about doing something different, absolutely. I wouldn't say necessarily a TV show."
    Usmagazine.com | News - Bachelor's Jason Mesnick Surprised by Backlash

Well, he didn't propose marriage so someone every week on the show...so there IS a difference.

I don't watch the show. Seeing women cry saying they 'fell in love' after two weeks makes ALL women look insipid and shallow, IMHO. The backlash, however, is huge. Everyone I've been hanging with in the past two days is livid at the guy and thinks he has 'issues' and needs to stay unattached and figure out his life before getting involved with anyone. Don't the producers screen these people better? Sheesh.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

I don't watch the show but from what I was reading this guy has some real issues. He just can't. He changes his mind on who he loves like the weather.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information