Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bachelor 08 ?

Well, they had the 4 hometown dates last night, and Holy Mother of God, did anyone else get a look at Shayne's mom?!? It's sad, because she seems like a perfectly nice person, but the face and hair....OMG! I also didn't think Amanda's prank was particularly funny, and had it been me, I would have been pissed. Oh, and my son noticed that they kept putting the caption of "Noelle's mom" when it was actually her sister talking...

Elite Member

^ Shayne's mom was an over-plasticized, over-made up mess. She was so sweet, it's too bad she was so hard to look at. Their house cracked me up. It was so girly-girl. I think Matt should run the other way from Shayne. You can tell he really likes her, but she has issues with her daddy and if he wants a look at their life 20 years from now -- just look at the Barbie dream house she lives in. Also -- both parents mentioned her acting career. Methinks she isn't in it for Matt, no matter what she says.

The prank was stupid. It could have been funny, but it went on WAY too long, and we saw the edited version. When she actually brought her parents out, they showed about 5 seconds of it. I wonder how it really went?

I'd be so pissed if someone pranked me like that. On TV. He took it well and he kept her so obviously it didn't bother him.

ITA on Shayne. Although she seems sweet.

I would be shocked if he doesn't pick Shayne.

Amanda sure was pissed!!!

I didn't watch the finale (my allergies were killing me, so I took a bunch of antihistamines and was out like a light by 10); he picked Shayne, and even proposed. You can watch the final episode here:
    ABC.com Full Episode Player

Elite Member

Shayne grew on me, but her girly-girl voice, "Oh Matt" and her climbing all over him all the time would drive me absolutely insane. Obviously, he found it all very charming.

I watched this season, and will probably not watch any more for this very reason. It never works out. They (ABC) creates these fantasy relationships where you get to do amazing things on dates and the focus is entirely on the one guy - or girl. Once you get back into the real world and have to do with real issues these relationships would be built on anything really stable.

Plus, I don't know about any of you. If I was Shayne and saw how Matt was kissing Chelsea and how he was all over her on the beach I would be hurt and pissed. If he was ready to actually propose marriage to Shayne do you think he would be so willing to make out with someone else? Maybe I'm old fashioned or maybe I don't get how it is to be on this show but I would hate that.

He seemed genuinely taken with Shayne so I do hope that they can be happy. She seems very young to me, only 22. But, I know people who have married at 22 and are doing really well years later.

Trista and Ryan are still together so it's possible.

Bachelorette starts next week. I've never been a real fan of it but I'll watch. I guess it's the girl who got rejected on last seasons Bachelor. I didn't see it so I know nothing about her.

Elite Member

Shayne and Matt will never make it to the altar. He came looking for a woman to get married and start a family right away and he ended up with a high-maintenance Hollywood Barbie who is 22 and still into her "career." She's cute and fun, but unless he's totally changed what he wants (not that cute and fun girls can't get married and have kids!), they won't last.

Deanna got such a heave-ho last season from Brad. I'm glad she's the new bachelorette. She'll be fun to watch.

Well, looks like everyone was right. On People this morning they are saying that Shayne and Matt have broken up already. Geesh, that didn't take long!

Bronze Member

i watch it all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information