Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: in IMAX 3D

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I loved it. We saw it at the IMAX. Wow it really was spectacular. Yeah the storyline was predictable, but the imagery was just fantastic. So much beautiful detail.

Oh not to mention total hottie Sam Worthington. He's going to be in Clash of the Titans playing Perseus. That's another one I want to see at the IMAX.

I give it an A. It was a bit too long for an A+.
    Yeah he is hot. I thought so in the last Terminator movie. I think there is a thread on him in the Hot Guys section isn't there?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Yeah he is hot. I thought so in the last Terminator movie. I think there is a thread on him in the Hot Guys section isn't there?
    I just saw that!

fgg

i saw the movie on monday and i loved it. i've never noticed sam worthington before but he's hot!

i don't find him particularly hot - his face is kind of boring, he's got that wholesome, small-featured, slightly beefy look about him that i've never been into - but by the end of the movie, he was starting to grow on me. it might have been the beard though. that and the fact that the blue creatures were so unattractive and none of the other 'real' actors were good looking either.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't find him particularly hot - his face is kind of boring, he's got that wholesome, small-featured, slightly beefy look about him that i've never been into - but by the end of the movie, he was starting to grow on me. it might have been the beard though. that and the fact that the blue creatures were so unattractive and none of the other 'real' actors were good looking either.
    i agree with what you're saying and i'll rephrase. i think he's hot in a real life kind of way, not a fantasy way. plus, he was kicking ass which totally turns me on.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The use of color was amazing.
    My husband dives and makes videos the first thing I noticed was how most of the plants looked like deep sea underwater animals and plants.

Loved the movie, the guys in our group loved it more. It was worth the bucks but still Titanic is number one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    did we watch the same film????
    saw it last night and while it's pretty to look at, the story sucks ass in such a way that it makes the titanic script seem intelligent abd subtle in comparison.
    the whole story with the na'vi and the evil corporation with their massive stock of weapons has all the subtlety of a punch in the face. talk about dumbed down for the masses... it doesn't get more cliched and unoriginal than this. i pretty much predicted what was goingnto happen 5 minutes in.
    oh, and it's about an hour and a half too long.

i'm all for futuristic tales about being green and saving the planet but IMO wall-e did it 500 times better, and didn't cost 500 million dollars.

my other problem was that i just didn't like how the blue creatures looked. and i usually don't have a problem getting attached to non-human, animated characters. but i just couldn't warm up to these blue creatures so i found myself not really caring about any of fhe characters
    What you said. Only I don't think I could be this eloquent about it. I hated it. I just want those hours of my life back. The story was one moronic cliche after another. The blue creatures were obnoxious and should all die with their stupid nature shit and their USB port ponytails. All of the animals looked beyond ridiculous and not at all like something that would develop in nature. The message of the story was nice but so unsubtle it made my head hurt. And I don't find Sam Worthington hot in the least.

3D is nice and flashy but there were times when it felt like I was watching someone play a stupid videogame. My eyes ended up hurting from the stupid 3D glasses. Cameron should be ashamed for this piece of shit. Oh and the ending song was so bad I was trying to climb on top of the person in front of me to get out of the cinema faster.

I wasn't overly impressed. It was pretty to look at, but that was it. The story has been done so many times, and better. They just kept bludgeoning you over the head with "THIS WILL BE IMPORTANT LATER" stuff. It was SO predictable, and I wasn't really impressed by Sam Worthington.

It's always nice to get *surprise* Giovanni Ribisi in a movie though, I've always liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    The blue creatures were obnoxious and should all die with their stupid nature shit and their USB port ponytails.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    The movie was great. The story was a fairy-tale...nothing hidden or subterfuge. And as for the 'white man' saving them all, the whole point, in this context, is that he learns that the 'white people' are completely wrong about everything and he gives up being a white man....physically and mentally. Is it a new idea? No. Was Star Wars: A New Hope a new idea? Most definitely not. Was it still a good movie? Hell yes.

My first A+ for a new release in years.
    This is how I felt about it too, I adored the movie. It was just so damn beautiful, even though the story wasn't particularly innovative or subtle I still enjoyed it. And I thought the Na'vi were really cool, I liked how they all looked individual. They didn't batter you over the head with the 3D stuff either, it wasn't like there were spears and stuff shooting out of the screen at you every three seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    The blue creatures were obnoxious and should all die with their stupid nature shit and their USB port ponytails.
    Although I disagree with you, this is hysterical!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Saw this in 3D...i agree with most of the bad reviews here. While it was visually stunning this didn't make up for an extremely thin plot. Plus the movie was way too long. I lost interest in it half way through.

The acting was impressive though.

SVZ

It was like an amusement park ride, and for that I really liked it.

Plus Sam is super hot!

I wonder if the Obamas liked it.

^ I am sure their kids liked it. It has been a hit for all kids I know who have seen it and for a bunch of kids behind us at the cinema in Bergen who wouldn't stop talking about how much they loved it. Luckily in Norwegian so I was spared that aggravation.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Domestic: $352,111,000 34.6%+ Foreign: $666,700,000 65.4%= Worldwide: $1,018,811,000

oh my gosh...... already? I doubt if it will beat Titanic but maybe it will knock off Pirates of the crappy Caribbean

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information