Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Australia's Next Top Model

no idea what Cassie is thinking. What a waste going with Tanya's modelling agency.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cassi van den Dungen pursues her model dream with Tanya Powell

tanya powell

So Cassi van den Dungen lost Australia’s Next Top Model’s 2009 crown, turned down contracts with Priscillas and Elite New York and threatened to go back to Sunbury to focus on her boyfriend’s bricklaying business. But it seems she has not given up on her modelling dream. Van den Dungen has rejoined the agency that discovered her at the age of five and repped her as a child model: Melbourne’s Tanya Powell Model Agency. Never heard of it? Tanya Powell is one of many low-profile Australian agencies that often springboard models in the smaller markets, only to then send them on to sign with larger local agencies, namely Chic Management, Priscillas, Chadwicks and Scene. And some question the wisdom of van den Dungen’s decision to turn her back on offers from bigger players with proven track records of managing international careers.

This is certainly the case with the modelwatchers on online forums The Fashion Spot and vogue.com.au and indeed, Priscillas itself.

Unaware that van den Dungen had returned to Tanya Powell when frockwriter called this afternoon for comment, Priscillas booker Lizzi Leighton-Clark noted, "It's a shame that she's not willing to pursue a modelling cereer that goes beyond Melbourne, because obviously she has the potential to be an amazing model".

Modelling is not just about having a pretty face and long legs. It is about attitude, work ethic, momentum and, moreover, the right management.

According to Tanya Powell manager Rosetta Stefano, Tanya Powell does not have any models under contract. The agency's biggest womens' name is Cassie Gardner, in addition to television personalities Paul O’Brien, Tania Zaetta and Laura Csortan.

With Gardner's wider career now being managed by Viviens in Sydney and IMG in New York, one would hope that all is not lost for van den Dungen. And both van den Dungen and Tanya Powell should take on board the fact that, since van den Dungen is evidently not under any kind of non-compete agreement with the management agency affiliated with ANTM, ie Priscillas, every other major Australian agency that is headquartered in Sydney would be very keen to sign her up immediately.

The essential difference here however is the fact that while an unknown Gardner went from a small agency to bigger agencies, van den Dungen made a name for herself in a high-profile television competition, had offers from big agencies, but has chosen to go in the reverse direction.

Van den Dungen is booked to shoot for Portmans on Saturday – a web campaign is all Stefano could tell frockwriter, adding that she rejoined the agency immediately after the ANTM finale.

Reports Stefano, “We’re speaking to lots of different companies. She’s definitely very keen to be a model. We are doing her comp card, she went for a casting yesterday, she’s on the way. At the moment she wants to basically do as much as she can in Melbourne. If you’ve got a good product it doesn’t matter who represents her”.

[frockwriter]: Cassi van den Dungen pursues her model dream with Tanya Powell

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Ho View Post
    that agency looks kinda tacky..I can't believe she signed with them..it looks very amatuer!! I dont understand why she didnt sign with priscilla or elite!! what a stupid little girl she is

Well, yeah. She's 16, 17? I think a lot of people are dumb at that age and considering her mother upped sticks and moved to another bloody country, leaving this kid on her own, I'm guessing she's jsut trying to find something to hang on to. I like her for some reason. She's interesting and odd.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Not sure if it's correct but is this the guy she's with? WTF?! Found the picture here

"Well isn't that special"

Yes, that's her bf.

Maybe that's why she gave Cassie such a hard time. She was crushing on her

Lola Van Vorst was one of the standouts on this year’s Australia’s Next Top Model. Although she was eliminated from the reality TV show, she’s doing well in the publicity stakes.
    Most recently, it was Van Vorst’s naming of model Lyndsay Anne as her new girlfriend that got attention.
    While Sydney Star Observer had its gaydar shining bright on this modelling beauty from the start, we had to wait until she came out to her family before we could do our exclusive interview.
    “I was only hesitant about coming out on the show because of my family. I told Mum before it came out in the media. That would be a crap way to find out that your daughter is gay,” she said.
    “After the first few weeks the girls did find out on the show but I didn’t want it to be about my sexuality and didn’t want everyone to tune in because of that. The producers were really good about it but I’m sure if they knew they would have focused on that.”
    She came out to her mother three weeks ago and her father has known for a while. Although she has always known she was a lesbian, she found it hard to come out due to the burden of going to a Christian high school.
    “They said it was bad and God does not agree and you will not go to heaven if you sleep with girls and they scared me out of it,” Van Vorst said.
    “I couldn’t deal with my feelings and I tried with boys but it didn’t work. I wish being gay was not an abnormal thing to society and it bothers me that people still have a problem with it — it’s upsetting.”
    With a six-foot frame and strong facial features, there’s no way this model could get lost in a crowd. As we crossed the road to the café, where the interview was taking place, I couldn’t help but notice the way she walked.
    In past episodes, the judges described her walk as somewhat ‘masculine’. I commented on her lanky yet confident stride.
    “I was a bit unco on the catwalk and yes, they did say I walked quite masculine. I wanted to say, that’s just because I’m a dyke,” she laughed.
    While she is proud of her sexuality, Van Vorst stressed she didn’t want to be portrayed as the new Ruby
    Rose or someone who flaunts her sexuality at every opportunity. She also aspires to become a television presenter.
    Life’s pretty good for this aspiring model who’s said to bring the ’90s glamazon look back into fashion.
    Hopefully after a few catwalk lessons and a new portfolio, Lola Van Vorst will rise above the reality TV label and become one of Australia’s next top models regardless of the fact she has not won the TV competition.

Why Lola’s a proud lesbian glamazon - starobserver.com.au

lol
    hmm a secret crush lol

Model agency elite upset over comments by Cassi Van Den Dungen

Article from: </IMG>

August 29, 2009 12:00am

CASSI Van Den Dungen has raised the ire of a top New York model agency after claiming she feared she would be forced to lose a dangerous amount of weight.
    Doll Wright of Elite Model Management - the agency Van Den Dungen knocked back after her run on Australia's Next Top Model - said there was no pressure on her to lose weight.
    "She is in perfect shape and it's a real shame that she believes that she would be forced to lose weight," said Wright, the director of development at Elite and a guest judge on the program.
    Her comments come after Van Den Dungen claimed this week she had knocked back the offer with the agency because she knew "the international market would want me to lose weight" and would force her to drop from size six to size four.
    Wright said Van Den Dungen, who chose to opt out of New York to stay in Melbourne with her brickie boyfriend, had the looks to make it to the top, but didn't have the attitude.
    "A top model has to have a great body, beautiful face and be professional," Wright said.
    "She has a great body and a beautiful face but the way she has been behaving is so negative and a way I've never seen a professional model behave."

Model agency elite upset over comments by Cassi Van Den Dungen | Herald Sun

I am wondering whether Cassie is being negative by saying she doesn't want to lose weight?!!?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information