Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Australia's Next Top Model

I also heard that Clare got signed with an agency in Australia. Kudos to her.

BTW what's Sarah Murdoch like over in Aussie Land with her celebrity? Is she known for being a snobby bitch cuz she comes across as one, except "nicer".

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Cassi was clearly the winner. But,no, Sarah had to tell us about being a role model and who the young girls want to be like.
    Yes, because I want my heathens to look up to a bloody model as a role model. Murdoch can fuck off. Models are not role models, they're skinny people who show me what's on tap for next season. Murdoch has a rep for being a bitch here in Sydney. She's as hardcore as she seems, from what I hear.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

"The 17-year-old, who last week finished second to Tahnee Atkinson in the reality television show, rejected an offer from Elite Model Management, as well as ditching her Sydney agent Priscilla Leighton-Clarke, the Herald Sun reports"

WHAT A FUCKING LOOSER!!!!
    Blonde Ballerina xox

I hope she end up knocked up and with a massive unpayable mortgage!!!
    Serious waste of tv time she was! Tacky Scrag!
    Blonde Ballerina xox

Bronze Member

....And here we have ther real reason why Charlotte, despite supporting her throughout the series, did not vote for Cassie in the final. She could see this coming a mile off - the girl needs to be given a good, hard shake. She's only 17, she could have at least given it a couple of years then gotten married - but the boyfriend probably wouldn't like that.....

AS TWO Australia's Next Top Model contestants strutted down the career runway yesterday, series runner-up Cassi Van Den Dungen walked away from a future in fashion.

While Clare Venema and Adele Thiel attended a casting for Rosemount Sydney Fashion Festival, the feisty but photogenic "bogan" officially turned down prestigious contracts with not just local agent Priscilla Leighton-Clarke but cut-throat New York model management company Elite.

Van Den Dungen - whose looks have been compared to Kate Moss - plans to stay in Sunbury with her bricklaying boyfriend Brad Saul, 25.

Judge Charlotte Dawson, who supported the 17-year-old throughout the series, was not surprised when contacted by Confidential.

"After seeing him (Saul) in the audience of the finale, I thought 'That guy is going to ruin her life'," she said.

"We gave her so much love and support, maybe even more than the other girls, but at the back of my mind I knew she would do this and that's why I couldn't vote for her."

source: Top model Cassi Van Den Dungen turns down fashion career | Fashion | News.com.au
    ssabmud

love to hear Cassie explain her reasoning as to why she turned down those offers. She must be Nucking Futs!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Her man isn't even that good looking! (Superficial note )

Seriously what a dumbass if she does'nt accept any modeling contracts. She's not gonna be 17 forever. Guess Tahnee will go on and have a good money-making career at least. I'm sure she'll contact Cassi and her boyfriend to build her a new mansion after making her first million dollars.

If Cassie wasnt with her bf I wonder if things would be different. I say yes.

It's a shame Cassie has no decent guardian or parent to guide her in the right direction. Her mum isn't much help and her bf won't let her model.

Charlotte was right.

A*O

Sarah Murdoch is most famous for being married to Rupert Murdoch's son. Apart from her gig on Top Model she's the poster girl for Bonds underwear (socks and jocks) and that's about it. I think she did a range of her own lingerie too zzzzz
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Sarah M also appeared on Sports Illustrated. IMO she's overrated as a model.

I can understand why she decided to stay with the bf. It doesn't sound like the father is in the picture, the mother is off to the States, leaving her just barely 17-year-old daughter to fend for herself and I suppose the bf seems like the closest thing to security she's got. And really, is a life as a model the highest aspiration a girl can aspire to? There's nothing wrong with just wanting to be secure and happy (although I'd never do it!).

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Exactly. Being a model isnt the best thing in the world. Plus not sure if Cassie has the mental strength to live in NY alone and model.

It does appear that her bf is the only person she can trust and seek support. Her parents aren't around.

Where is her dad?

--Sinclair Lewis

Interesting article published today. It looks like she's starting local and then taking it from there:

In today’s Daily Telegraph there is an article that shows why Cassi Van Den Dungen should not have won the the title of Australia’s Next Top Model.

Apparently Elite Models New York are keen to sign Cassi and get her across for New York Fashion Week. However she feels it is more important for 25 year old fiancee Brad Saul’s bricklayer business gets going.

Here is what Cassi said about her priorities:

Elite are obsessed with Cassi,” said model agent Priscilla Leighton-Clark, who was also one of the judges. “If she makes the decision to do this – this could change her life,” Leighton-Clark said adding the agency was eager to see her in New York for the Fashion Week in September.

The 17-year-old stunned the industry this week when she said her priority was her 25-year-old brickie fiancee Brad Saul.

“Brad has just started up his career down here and I want to wait until we are both ready if we are going to go overseas,” she said. “I want to have a bit of money backed up behind us so we can get a house or something but setting up the bricklaying business is our priority.”

If Brad has any regard for Cassi he would tell her to go, and if the relationship survives then they can go for it. Clearly he is immature as he is going out with a 16 year old, and a pretty emotionally immature one at that.

I hope Cassi’s mother steps in and gets her to go to at least investigate her opportunities, or at the bare minimum refuses to give the permission to marry, which is required by law if she marries before she is 18.

Brad proposed to try and keep her, or use her a meal ticket. Harsh I know and flame me if you think I am wrong.

I just hope we will not see a story in Woman’s Day in four years time of Cassi with two kids talking about lost opportunities.

Just found her interview on Runner up - Cassi when asked what her next step is she says this:

The next step is working in Melbourne and maybe coming up to Sydney but hopefully not too much. I don’t like travelling too much. After that, when I’m ready, I’m not in the headspace right now but in six months or so, I want to go international.

Fingers crossed she goes.This Is Why Cassi Van Den Dungen Should Not Have Won ANTM | reality ravings

I've got to be honest, I think the girl just wants someone to be there for her and the boyfriend is playing off that.

Hmm...at the same site I just read she's actually signed with Elite and is heading over to NYC in September. I wonder what the truth is. This is what Charlotte wrote on the official site:

“Cassi has a contract with Elite New York and leaves September for the show season (same deal as Alice)

Thanks for watching and being so passionate about our show.
    I promise that I am a reliable scource! I am so thrilled for her and her family. She has also booked several amazing editorial jobs for next week – so she’s on her way. All the moaning and bitching about Cassi from her teeth to her behaviour to put it mildly many of you guys have bullied her on our site and now she has had the final say.

She was never in it for ‘ratings’ she was in it because we believed in her and so too does Elite New York.
    So maybe she is going for it. I hope she has someone around to help her.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information