Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Anyone use Netflix???

I've got my Netflix set up thru my PS3 and you don't have to pay any extra fees just your monthly Netflix bill
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

You can do it through a Wii too and there isn't any extra fee for that either. Xbox is the only one with the stupid extra Xbox Live fee thing.

Netflix blows in Canada. Zero selection. It's all shitty Queen Latifah movies and Crocowhatever vs. Megathings
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Just wanted to add that what NetFlix streaming shows you on the main menu (genre to genre) is a fraction of what is actually available via the search function. So, even if you don't see what you like, that doesn't mean it's not there. The Roku box that I have comes with an application that, for about $3, will search for NetFlix movies based on actor and director, in addition to movie title, and then add them to your instant queue. I've found a whole bunch of additional movies this way.

That being said, I can't speak for NetFlix Canada - choices from country to country can get pretty crazy.

this is a really good search site for Netflix Streaming

instantwatcher.com - Streaming Movies and TV to watch instantly on Netflix
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Just wanted to add that what NetFlix streaming shows you on the main menu (genre to genre) is a fraction of what is actually available via the search function. So, even if you don't see what you like, that doesn't mean it's not there.
    The search function for Netflix in Canada sucks ass. It used to be if the movie wasn't available, you'd get 'xxx unavailable'. Now it doesn't do that. Instead, you get a big list of movies that have absolutely nothing to do with the movie you were searching for. It's rather bizarre and totally useless.

Anyone else get the mea culpa email from Netflix this morning?

Dear Stacy,

I messed up. I owe you an explanation.

It is clear from the feedback over the past two months that many members felt we lacked respect and humility in the way we announced the separation of DVD and streaming and the price changes. That was certainly not our intent, and I offer my sincere apology. Let me explain what we are doing.

For the past five years, my greatest fear at Netflix has been that we wouldn't make the leap from success in DVDs to success in streaming. Most companies that are great at something – like AOL dialup or Borders bookstores – do not become great at new things people want (streaming for us). So we moved quickly into streaming, but I should have personally given you a full explanation of why we are splitting the services and thereby increasing prices. It wouldn’t have changed the price increase, but it would have been the right thing to do.

So here is what we are doing and why.

Many members love our DVD service, as I do, because nearly every movie ever made is published on DVD. DVD is a great option for those who want the huge and comprehensive selection of movies.

I also love our streaming service because it is integrated into my TV, and I can watch anytime I want. The benefits of our streaming service are really quite different from the benefits of DVD by mail. We need to focus on rapid improvement as streaming technology and the market evolves, without maintaining compatibility with our DVD by mail service.

So we realized that streaming and DVD by mail are really becoming two different businesses, with very different cost structures, that need to be marketed differently, and we need to let each grow and operate independently.

It’s hard to write this after over 10 years of mailing DVDs with pride, but we think it is necessary: In a few weeks, we will rename our DVD by mail service to “Qwikster”. We chose the name Qwikster because it refers to quick delivery. We will keep the name “Netflix” for streaming.

Qwikster will be the same website and DVD service that everyone is used to. It is just a new name, and DVD members will go to qwikster.com to access their DVD queues and choose movies. One improvement we will make at launch is to add a video games upgrade option, similar to our upgrade option for Blu-ray, for those who want to rent Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 games. Members have been asking for video games for many years, but now that DVD by mail has its own team, we are finally getting it done. Other improvements will follow. A negative of the renaming and separation is that the Qwikster.com and Netflix.com websites will not be integrated.

There are no pricing changes (we’re done with that!). If you subscribe to both services you will have two entries on your credit card statement, one for Qwikster and one for Netflix. The total will be the same as your current charges. We will let you know in a few weeks when the Qwikster.com website is up and ready.

For me the Netflix red envelope has always been a source of joy. The new envelope is still that lovely red, but now it will have a Qwikster logo. I know that logo will grow on me over time, but still, it is hard. I imagine it will be similar for many of you.

I want to acknowledge and thank you for sticking with us, and to apologize again to those members, both current and former, who felt we treated them thoughtlessly.

Both the Qwikster and Netflix teams will work hard to regain your trust. We know it will not be overnight. Actions speak louder than words. But words help people to understand actions.

Respectfully yours,

-Reed Hastings, Co-Founder and CEO, Netflix

p.s. I have a slightly longer explanation along with a video posted on our blog, where you can also post comments.

This makes a lot of sense to me, and my boys will be ecstatic about the videgame option. So I'm okay with this apology and restructure.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yep I got it, at first I just glanced at it and thought oh damn James is sending us an apology lmao!
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

My girls will like the added video games, too. Only bad thing is that some people will keep them for weeks, so it may be hard to get the games you want through them.

I was okay with the changes, because my bill went down, and I got to increase to 3 movie at a time. I can't stream movies at my home anyway,...so it was no loss to me not having to pay extra for that feature.

Oh man. Video games. yes. It makes up for their fuckery.

I went to streaming only and I dislike how now you can't even go to the page for a movie that's only available on DVD. When I search by person it only lists their streaming movies, which is usually one or two titles. Obviously that's not going to change since they're spinning the DVDs off into a separate business. I may cancel altogether and just get my movies through alternate means.
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by “Kristen” um obviously wasn’t her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isn’t her. - a Twihard

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    You can do it through a Wii too and there isn't any extra fee for that either. Xbox is the only one with the stupid extra Xbox Live fee thing.
    Yeah I have an XBox. It's such a bullshit to have to pay extra.
    I stopped the DVD plan a few months ago cos I just don't use it enough. Then I wanted it back and they decided it was time to raise their price. Fuck that shit.

I wonder if the new Blockbuster will be better?

I did love Netflix DVD with their huge selection of foreign movies cos that's what I mostly watched as well as streaming TV shows.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information