Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use Netflix???

The part that REALLY gets me is that if you read their blog they keep trying to tell you that it is now cheaper than ever! How is it cheaper than ever when so many people are now paying nearly double for the same service?

For anyone using streaming that is frustrated about when movies go up or down, I found a site that actually lists what is available on instant, and when it is scheduled to be taken down so you know how long you have to watch. It's mostly accurate, I've only had 1 or 2 things I found that were gone before the scheduled date.

instantwatcher.com - Streaming Movies and TV to watch instantly on Netflix

It's pretty stupid, since most have ondemand now, and Comcast also has internet streaming now.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I don't think it's fair for people who don't throttle DVDs... like NoDay mentioned a few days ago about shipping times varying based on account usage.. that's a better approach. I'm pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    The part that REALLY gets me is that if you read their blog they keep trying to tell you that it is now cheaper than ever! How is it cheaper than ever when so many people are now paying nearly double for the same service?

For anyone using streaming that is frustrated about when movies go up or down, I found a site that actually lists what is available on instant, and when it is scheduled to be taken down so you know how long you have to watch. It's mostly accurate, I've only had 1 or 2 things I found that were gone before the scheduled date.

instantwatcher.com - Streaming Movies and TV to watch instantly on Netflix
    Thank you for that link! Good find!

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago with American Loggers, I was so pissed when I couldn't find it. My friend was like, "Well they've got Axemen" and I was like... " That is not American Loggers!!! *throws redneck-like tantrum*" Then he proceeded to tell me that every once in a while they just take stuff down, which I wasn't aware of (obviously because I hadn't encountered it prior to this).

Anyway...in general this just seems like a lamesauce move. Are they trying to phase out the DVDs, because it seems like every time they adjust their subscription plans, they decrease the number of discs you can have out at a time.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

well, dammit I got that email too.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Meh! I'm very annoyed by this change. If I keep my Netflix account, I'll probably go to streaming only, because watching DVDs on TV isn't all that easy with my current living situation. I was all for canceling altogether at first, but now I'm torn because I do find out about things through their recommendations that I wouldn't have found out about otherwise.
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by “Kristen” um obviously wasn’t her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isn’t her. - a Twihard

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I don't think it's fair for people who don't throttle DVDs... like NoDay mentioned a few days ago about shipping times varying based on account usage.. that's a better approach. I'm pissed.
    It also varies on where you are at in conjunction to their depots. I live 2 hours from one of them and so I can send back a dvd today and possibly get a new one tomorrow or the next day.

My DVDs are on a one day turnaround when I send them in, so that just works better for me. My son will be annoyed that he can't stream on his PSP anymore, but unless he wants to pay the extra for himself, he's SOL.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    My DVDs are on a one day turnaround when I send them in, so that just works better for me. My son will be annoyed that he can't stream on his PSP anymore, but unless he wants to pay the extra for himself, he's SOL.
    Me too, I don't stream so it's actually cheaper for me this way
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I could stay with streaming and just get my DVD's from Redbox. At a $1 a pop, Redbox would be cheaper.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I could stay with streaming and just get my DVD's from Redbox. At a $1 a pop, Redbox would be cheaper.
    That's what we do. We mostly watch the streaming and if we really want a movie, we go to Redbox. We also have Apple TV and can get a lot of newer titles there, too.

I'll be canceling Netflix at the end of next week since I have already paid for this month, and strictly use the free OnDemand with my cable, Hulu with my Xbox Live, and Redbox for dvds. Netflix can suck it.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    I'll be canceling Netflix at the end of next week since I have already paid for this month, and strictly use the free OnDemand with my cable, Hulu with my Xbox Live, and Redbox for dvds. Netflix can suck it.

Out here (mid Atlantic region), Comcast's On-Demand free movie selection is a small fraction of what you can get with NetFlix.

The other problem that I have had with On-Demand is that you get really crummy descriptions of the movie in question (if it's not a familiar title), no promo picture of the movie (which NetFlix has), and a VERY slow and unresponsive rewind-pause-fast forward function using the On-Demand Remote.

Not to mention that On-Demand has no queue function for helping to organize what you want to watch but haven't gotten to yet. And it doesn't have the "similar movies" function that NetFlix has.

Just as another note, the Roku box that we bought ($90) a few months ago, has a whole bunch of free channels you can sign up for. And a lot of them offer free movies. The only problem is that the bandwidth of these channels is a lower capacity than NetFlix, so you may experience several momentary interruptions in service while watching a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    Me too, I don't stream so it's actually cheaper for me this way
    Same here. I will be able to move up a dvd at a time now, with the streaming charge removed, and pay less than I am now.

We have to pay for On-Demand as well and it's expensive (cheaper to go out and rent videos). I've never bothered with it. I like Netflix (and the video store) a lot more.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information