Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie's Mighty Heart performance snubbed by Oscars

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Actually, this year it was less of a popularity contest than it's been in a long, long time. There are no WTF nominees in any major categories. There are no IT girls, and for once, it seems each performance was absolutely exceptional. Nothing political or popular about it.
    I'm glad. I didn't look at the nominees, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the writer's strike. Maybe they're assuming there will be no awards ceremony, so therefore no parading around on the red carpet. Maybe they're finally remembering why there are awards in the first place. *keeps fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    AJ is not an Ocscar worthy actor IMO.
    i totally agree!! i've never understood why she won for girl, interrupted.. hell, she wasn't even acting!

She must just HATE Cate Blanchett.

Because Cate has what Angie doesn't have: acting skills.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I think its funny that she didn't get nominated. There was something that bothered me about that movie. I dont think it should have ever been made. It was too recent, too personal, too tragic.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I never saw the movie. Was it good. In fact, I didn't even know when it was in the theaters.

I will say that I have not seen A Mighty Heart, nor will I, but Angelina was totally deserving, IMO, of her Best Supporting win in Girl, Interrupted. She was so good in that. Prob the only movie I have really loved her in. Oh and Gia.

That would have been Jen Anderson's Oscar anyway!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I never thought I'd say this but thank God for Angie threads. I'm totally on Britney and Heath overload.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I will say that I have not seen A Mighty Heart, nor will I, but Angelina was totally deserving, IMO, of her Best Supporting win in Girl, Interrupted. She was so good in that. Prob the only movie I have really loved her in. Oh and Gia.
    I agree. She was brilliant in Girl, Interrupted. I loved that performance. Yes, she may have been very similar to the character but even playing someone like yourself isn't as easy as it sounds!

Ańus LĄps!!!!!

I have never watched a movie with Angelina Jolie in it. Nothing - so I have no idea how good an actress she is

I thought Brittany Murphy deserved the Oscar nom. Playing crazy? Any dumbass can do that. It IS as easy as it sounds. Especially if you're an attention whore exhibitionist.

I was pleased to see Laura Linney get Angelina's spot in the nominations. Linney is a fantastic actress.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    The Oscars have long been a popularity contest. Lots of hugely talented actors/writers/directors (I'm not including AJ in that category by the way) have never even been nominated, much less won.
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee
    I thought she was good in Gia, but i have a friend who says she was just playing herself- 'a bisexual drug addicted self mutilating nut'.

Well I agree with Lily on this one. The Academy is normally a self-serving popularity contest, but this year with the female nominees, they really hit the mark. That doesn't happen very often. Cate Blanchett, Julie Christie, Marion Cotillard, Laura Linney, and Ellen Page are all very good at their craft. The only performance that is iffy for me out of this collection is Page, because I didn't personally see Juno. I am very happy that Linney got a nod for The Savages, she is a fantastic, underrated actress. I actually won't mind who wins this particular award because they are all deserving. If Jolie had gotten a nod, it would have been such an injustice.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Good - she wasn't that great. Her alleged Oscar scene, in which she just wails in her bedroom for a good three minutes, is incredibly deceptive anyway. It's all done in the dark - she could be laughing for all we know. She was miscast, in my opinion.

And there were some "WTF" nominees this year, namely Laura Linney for Best Actress and Tommy Lee Jones for Best Actor. Both performances were in films that had already fallen into obscurity by the time the Guilds started announcing their nominees. To be fair, Jones was being predicted - for Best S. Actor for No Country For Old Men. In the Valley of Elah just sort of came and went without much critical praise. Jolie was slated to take the fifth Best Actress slot for quite some time, while the fifth Best Actor slot was mostly predicted for James McAvoy (BAFTA buzz). Even Ruby Dee is considered a surprise, as no one really made a big deal about her performance. A lot have simply chalked her nomination up to the Academy wanting a minority represented. Plus, she's a veteran; think Sean Connery for The Untouchables, except Dee mostly likely won't win.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information