Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie's Changeling debuts at disappointing No. 4

I can't wait to see the movie. Clint Eastwood is a great director and it is a great story.

I actually saw it and honestly her acting wasn't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    That's too bad because it really is a compelling story. Even more amazing that it actually happened. I'm still going to see it cuz I'm fascinated by the story. AJ may have over-acted it from what I've seen of the previews.

Can you imagine your kid goes missing and the cops bring home another little boy, insisting it's your kid? Bizarre.
    They insist it's her kid and when she tells them it's not they admit her to the pyscho ward. WTF.

I read all about the story . The mother and son kill all these very young boys after they torture them and rent them out to rich pedophiles in the area.

Here's a link to the story if anyone is interested.

During the 1920s, Boys Became the Prey of a Brutal Killer - Los Angeles Times
    Last edited by SweetPea; November 6th, 2008 at 11:15 AM.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    St. Vagina's publicist is back.

Everyone I know who saw it said it sucked and she overacted. I didn't have to Google that either. I wonder if there will be poo-shoveling arguments on Monday when the movie drops out of the top 10.

Lily you are very lucky. Your posts always show that everyone you know in real life agrees with you. I am basing this on the many statements you have made that "everyone you know said it sucked and she overacted" "you don't any men who find Angelina attractive" and so on and so on. It must be wonderful for you to be surrounded by people who all always agree with your opinions. My friends tend to fall into many different categories and have varied opinions on many topics. It makes my life more fullfilled. I have found that if I keep an opened mind I can learn so much from their perspective.

Lily, like everyone else here, is allowed to have an opinion. If you don't like what she has to say, just don't read it. Posting a comment based solely on her post and not on the original post isn't constructive and seems meant only to start something unpleasant.

Let's not go there, please.

^ aabbcc, I don't think she's trying to start something, I think she's just calling out the lies.

I am going to see it when it comes out on dvd.

I probably won't bother with it. I'm not a fan of either her or her bland little manny.

^ Me either really. I just want to see how the story went.

I guess what they say about opinions is true.... I did a quick search an dhad no problem finding some positive reviews of Angelina's work in the Changeling. The box office results were also considered impressive by some since it opened at Halloween and is a dramatic period piece. Personally I am intrigued by the story but will wait for the video release.

Film Review - Changeling
    The collaboration of Eastwood with his long-time crew of cinematographer Tom Stern and editor Joel Cox, screenwriter J. Michael Straczynski (who comes from journalism and TV) and actress Angelina Jolie, who gives a strong dramatic performance, results in one of the more enjoyable films to be seen in Cannes Fest. The world premiere I attended was greeted with lengthy standing ovation and hearty applause.

Good reviews for Angelina Jolie in 'Changeling' = good news at Oscars time? | Gold Derby | Los Angeles Times
    While there were enough naysayers to drag the overall Meta Critic score for "Changeling" down to 65, reviews from the likes of nationally known critics Roger Ebert (Chicago Sun-Times ), Kenneth Turan (Los Angeles Times) and David Ansen (Newsweek) were positively glowing. All of them praised the performance of the Academy Award winning Angelina Jolie as the real-life heroine who battled the L.A. police in 1930 by refusing to accept a mysterious boy as her missing son. And they lauded the direction by four-time Oscar winner Clint Eastwood.

'Changeling' review | Metromix Denver
    The verdict: Not one of Eastwood’s best films, but an engrossing tale nonetheless, “Changeling” is all the more compelling for its stranger than fiction credibility. Among its finer points is a commanding old-fashioned star turn by Jolie. She doesn’t completely disappear into the character, but her delicately forceful work keeps an extraordinary tale emotionally grounded. When the film falters it’s usually in scenes involving the various villains, and the hammy work of a few supporting players only underscores how one-dimensional all of the characters are. That’s a limitation that leaves the film significantly short of the L.A. crime movie heights of “Chinatown” and “L.A. Confidential.”

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Lily, like everyone else here, is allowed to have an opinion. If you don't like what she has to say, just don't read it. Posting a comment based solely on her post and not on the original post isn't constructive and seems meant only to start something unpleasant.

Let's not go there, please.
    Correct. Lily can state her opinion and I can state mine. Thank you.
    Last edited by Tati; November 6th, 2008 at 11:56 PM.

So......... the film opened in fewer cinemas/theatres but made more money than a lot?

So they charge more in those theaters???

None of the gross is based on VIEWING FIGURES just income and is therefore disproporionate (imo)
    Free Charmed.

Silver Member

So......... the film opened in fewer cinemas/theatres but made more money than a lot?
    Yep, more people purchased tickets per theater.

So they charge more in those theaters???
    Highly doubtful since one huge theater complex is usually showing several top films at the same time.

None of the gross is based on VIEWING FIGURES just income and is therefore disproporionate (imo)
    The viewing figures are based on the income taken in, never the number of people who actually attended. And the cost of a ticket to see any top movie is pretty standard across the US...usually $10-12.

After a limited run, Universal's Oscar-touted Changeling directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Angelina Jolie missed opening wider in the top spot and settled for No. 4 with a $9.4M weekend and new $10M cume. After expanding into 1,850 theaters, the adult drama took in $2.3 million Friday and $4.4 million Saturday for a $9.4M weekend, bigger than what the studio expected. Fresh exit polling from this weekend showed the audience was 32%/68% under 30 yrs of age/30 yrs and older, and 39%/61% male/female. Both “excellent” ratings and "definitely" recommend scores were well above average overall. The main reasons given for choosing to see Changeling were the story (65%), followed by Angelina Jolie (53%), director Clint Eastwood (43%), and its true story (42%). During its limited run a week ago, the exit polling showed that the grim but compelling pic nevetheless had strong commercial potential across a wide breadth of audiences. Which is why the studio thinks the film has legs, using Clint's 2003 Mystic River as a comp; it took in $10.4 million from 1,467 theaters after a limited run and went on to do $90M.

I'd still like/prefer to see viewing figures rather than gross, however the studios don't care they are just about the $$$
    Free Charmed.

Stop making sense,Novice..
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Oops!

Is this an Angelina Jolie thread?

My mistake!!!!

Thanks for the link Sweetpea - its an interesting article.
    Free Charmed.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

thats cuz i heard it sucked! and it looks pretty bad from the previews too, oh yeah AND WE'RE IN A DEPRESSION AND HAVE NO MONEY TO SEE CRAPPY SAPPY MOVIES LIKE THIS!

I WANT TO SEE THE NEW BOND FILM, BUT DO I HAVE THAT KIND OF CASH?! NO!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information