Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie’s “Wanted” movie poster

SVZ

I don't think the arm was in the original photo, looks like a composite.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I've never disliked Angie. I thought she was interesting and different, a person who marched to their own drummer.

But when she lost all that weight, she not only lost a major portion of her beauty (her body, not her gorgeous face) she lost my respect for her as an independant person who would not fall for the Hollywood pressure to be skeletal. She's the last woman I thought would do that.

Sasha she lost her Mom to cancer. Worse she's always had a problem with being to thin, it wasn't Hollywood to whom she has always had a "bite me" attitude, it was her own personal life. She's my SheRha but even so I have to cut her some slack... I don't know if she realized that having babies this close together takes a toll on your mentally too.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sasha she lost her Mom to cancer.

So did I, in Nov. of '06. I admit I had trouble eating for several months and I lost 20 pounds (which I could well afford, btw), but my loved ones kept urging me to eat so I could stay healthy and not get sick. See, I think this goes back to Brad as well. His lady loves always seem to become painfully thin-this has been remarked upon before.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Sasha she lost her Mom to cancer.

So did I, in Nov. of '06. I admit I had trouble eating for several months and I lost 20 pounds (which I could well afford, btw), but my loved ones kept urging me to eat so I could stay healthy and not get sick. See, I think this goes back to Brad as well. His lady loves always seem to become painfully thin-this has been remarked upon before.

so did I thats why I cut her some slack... I lost 35 pounds but sadly I found it again.

Pitts chicks are thin before they date him. In Jolies bio she said the kids picked on her in school because she was so thin.

it's tough being a Pitt fan but somebody has to do it
    Last edited by GaPeach; April 27th, 2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: I'm editing b/c I can't type ... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    No wonder other countries think Americans are so damned violent...cuz they are!

Anyhoo one of the trailers was pretty cool, it's the brief one where mcavoy is running through a grocery store, trying to get away from some guy trying to kill him. Just as the guy is about to run him over Angelina comes blazing over in her sports car, and in one smooth motion opens the door and scoops him up. It wowed the audience in the theater when I saw it.
    Yeah I saw that too. It was pretty cool. I'll be seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    To each his own (thank you Viggofan) but she has a Oscar because she can act.
    While not specifically aimed at Angelina, having an Oscar does not mean you can act....

There are lots of undeserved Oscars out there....Mira Sorvino,Halle Berry, Renee Zellwegger, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Hudson....

and lots of great actors never got an Oscar; Cary Grant, Greta Garbo, Glenn Close, Peter O'Toole, Richard Burton...
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Yes, Oscars are sickeningly political. If you are the new hot thing, know how the Hollywood schmooze game is played, are written about in glowing terms, and your movie gets some positive attention, you will probably win an Oscar. Ask Marisa Tomei.

I still see red when I think of Crash winning over Brokeback Mountain. Hell, I still get fighting mad when I think about JFK losing to that stinking pile o' crap The Silence of the Lambs. Message: Don't go too far off the reservation, you will be punished.

^^^
    agree. the 'crash' win still pisses me off too. and what about cate blanchett losing to gwyneth paltrow?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    agree. the 'crash' win still pisses me off too. and what about cate blanchett losing to gwyneth paltrow?
    Leaving mr Depp out,out??I ll never forgive you..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    grrrrr

effie2
    Leaving mr Depp out,out??I ll never forgive you..
    For Sweeney Todd? Nah, DDL totally deserved that one, surprisingly.
    Finding Neverland and POTC were not the best movies to nominate him for, imo. He should have been nominated for Blow, Ed Wood, Benny and Joon (one of my fave perfs of his, ever) and Edward Scissorhands.

I have to say that I was never a jolie follower professionally or personally in the past. I truthfully didn't know she exsisted until 2005. In fact my husband knew she was an ambassador before I did.

I really can't say if she is a good actress or not as I never saw anything of hers other than MAMS and that was under a dare LOL.

As for her losing weight I think she is a pretty woman when she is not so thin. I lost my father and I didn't lose any weight so I think it is a personal way of grieving but I will say that I truly don't think her thinness was strictly due to mourning. Imo I believe it was a combination of many things and I am not talking about the theory of heroin but more an eating disorder. again jmo.

I do like her for her humanitarian role as an ambassador however.

and yes I agree I also feel the oscars is very political.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    While not specifically aimed at Angelina, having an Oscar does not mean you can act....

There are lots of undeserved Oscars out there....Mira Sorvino,Halle Berry, Renee Zellwegger, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Hudson....

and lots of great actors never got an Oscar; Cary Grant, Greta Garbo, Glenn Close, Peter O'Toole, Richard Burton...

yeah but at the time it was the only argument I could make.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

She does the same movies over and over again..... BORRRIIINGG.

BTW, I bought The Bone Collector because Denzel Washington is in it and I thought it would be good, but she sucks sweaty balls in that movie. She should've won a Razzie.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hit By Ban Bus!

sparkly you didn't like MAMS?
    I loved it.
    I'm more of a Pitt fan and honestly haven't seen many of Jolies flicks.

Racist Skank!

Oh wait...that's a different person, huh?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information