Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post

just because this never gets old

don't forget this asshole.

I like Lee Dewyze.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Elite Member

Wow - Lee was amazing. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought Alex Lambert was good tonight too - 2nd best.

I'm still pulling for Andrew though.

ETA: I thought it was really odd that they switched the guys and girls night given Crystal's medical issues. In past seasons they've had others perform while sick (presuming that's the case here) and they didn't get a pass. I just think it was unfair to tell the guys last minute they were going on tonight.
    Last edited by Elisa; March 2nd, 2010 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post

don't forget this asshole.

I like Lee Dewyze.
    Words can't even describe......

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Wow - Lee was amazing. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought Alex Lambert was good tonight too - 2nd best.
    Me, too! I couldn't believe it. He was really good.

My favourites now are Andrew, Lee, and Michael. It'll be interesting to see how Alex does next week but if it's like this week, then he'll end up being one of my favourites for sure.

And I agree with Ellen that Tim is adorable. I kind of really liked him tonight.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

My 15 year old really likes Tim, too. He is a cutie!! He did do pretty good,...he just needs to build up some confidence and stage presence.

Big Mike did great and he relaly seems comfortable on stage.

I liked Lee Dewyze also.

Casey was okay,...but he seemed stiff and nervous to me last night.

The one guy that pukes before going on stage needs to step up or leave.

fgg

last night i liked crystal, didi, lilly and katelyn. i know didi didn't have that great of a performance but i absolutely love her voice.

haely has got to go! she's annoying & dreadful.

Elite Member

I agree, fgg. Crystal, Lilly and Didi have been my favorites for the girls.

I'm not blown away by this season so far and I don't know if it's because the talent is below par since we've been spoiled by the likes of Adam Lambert, David Cook, David Archuleta or if it's because the judges - with their constant criticisms - are turning me off the contestants. Besides Crystal, I really haven't heard them say anything good at all about the others.

Randy is particularly annoying this year. He doesn't like anyone. As soon as he says "Dog, were you feeling it?" I know it's going to be another dismal critique. How are we supposed to rally around the contestants if the judges don't even think they're worthy?

It's about this time every year that I start to do the mental math about the contestants. So AI starts out with thousands, ok, tens of thousands of contestants and THESE 20 yahoos are the cream of the crop? This year is turning out to be a real snoozefest.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post

Randy is particularly annoying this year. He doesn't like anyone. As soon as he says "Dog, were you feeling it?" I know it's going to be another dismal critique. How are we supposed to rally around the contestants if the judges don't even think they're worthy?
    And they're the ones who picked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post
    It's about this time every year that I start to do the mental math about the contestants. So AI starts out with thousands, ok, tens of thousands of contestants and THESE 20 yahoos are the cream of the crop? This year is turning out to be a real snoozefest.
    I think so too. IF i watch it this year it will probably be when they have it narrowed down to the 12. It's just not appealing to me this time.

My daughter likes Tim Urban. We found these pictures that AI has up of him. Not to shabby......

Is it my imagination or did it look like Crystal had some hardcore teeth bleaching?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Yep,...they have done something with her teeth. They were BAD all through Hollywood auditions. Last week they looked less brown, and almost a grayish-white. This week they were even whiter, and it looks as if they have been bonded or something.

Does anyone think her illness had to do with the dental work they are obviously providing her? Seems odd they are not disclosing what made her ill. Every other year a contestant has become ill they discuss it. Seems weird. Plus the fact that they bent the rules for her, but haven't done that for anyone else over the years.

WHY is Hayley still in this? that goofy ass smile, her singing is awful.

and Kara was climbing all over Simon, it was just disgusting.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Yep,...they have done something with her teeth. They were BAD all through Hollywood auditions. Last week they looked less brown, and almost a grayish-white. This week they were even whiter, and it looks as if they have been bonded or something.

Does anyone think her illness had to do with the dental work they are obviously providing her? Seems odd they are not disclosing what made her ill. Every other year a contestant has become ill they discuss it. Seems weird. Plus the fact that they bent the rules for her, but haven't done that for anyone else over the years.
    That seemed weird to me too. Every other time they've have to just go on sick or not & deal. It's usually not an excuse. And if they're bending the rules like this--especially if it was just teeth bleaching they're doing some hard core pimping which makes me hate this season even more.

US mag is reporting it was complications from Diabetes. If thats the case, i dont get the hush hush attitude.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information