Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 9

i think Aaron is going. Casey is cute, that should save him a bit.

my personal wish is for Crystal to go home.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

If Crystal goes, so do I

Kara did great in knocking down Casey a bit. I loved it when she called him out on only holding the odd note for a few seconds almost all season. She said words to that effect before she called him a lamb. So great. Somebody had to say it by now.

Harry Connick, Jr. was a great mentor. Last season Slash brought out a proper band to work with those kids and Harry Connick, Jr. not only did that but he also did the arranging as well. Some of those kids could follow it and some just plainly could not. He was great in that regard and I think that yesterday's eppy will be a deal breaker for more than a few of those kids for sure.

Let's not forget that Kara pushed him through the audition round because he took his shirt off! He wasn't the greatest singer, and Simon didn't want him to go through. It's not his fault he's on the show despite being mediocre at best. Kara was in love with him!

Casey's the new votefortheworst pick, so that might put him over the top and save him from elimination if he's in the bottom two again.

omgg what the hell is your avatar Dita? LOL thats creepy as shit!
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I have no idea. It looks like Chucky's girlfriend, or whore on the side Or something you don't want to cross in a dark alley. Or something I wish would appear in Kara's bedroom.

It scares the shit out of me, too. I just stared at it for a long time and got over it, hahaha. If you don't like it, anyone, I'll change it. I know someone had an avatar here once of Michael Jackson's nose falling off and leaving a hole in his face animation and I was disturbed by it so badly. So I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable.

I love Harry Connick, Jr and think he was funny and awesome to spend the kind of time he did but ......

His influence meant that no one could really change the song to suit themselves. I mean, there's going to be a big band behind you so that is that.

Big Mike is a crooner so of course it worked for him. Lee's voice gave it an edge despite the brass playing behind him (best of the night). Everyone else was stuck in a dated genre they couldn't do much about.

Crystal was ok but she needs to zip it and stop talking back to Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Kara is so annoying this season!
    I ff the dvr every time she speaks. She is coming close to just ruining the show for me. I loathe her. And I liked her at first! Everything she says irritates me. Her face irritates me. The way she rants at the contestants and gets into this weird sing-song cadence where she sounds like blah blah blah blah BLAH! (hand gesture) blah blah blah blah BLAH! (hand gesture) blah blah blah blah BLAH! (hand gesture)

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I have no idea. It looks like Chucky's girlfriend, or whore on the side Or something you don't want to cross in a dark alley. Or something I wish would appear in Kara's bedroom.

It scares the shit out of me, too. I just stared at it for a long time and got over it, hahaha. If you don't like it, anyone, I'll change it. I know someone had an avatar here once of Michael Jackson's nose falling off and leaving a hole in his face animation and I was disturbed by it so badly. So I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable.
    NOOO dont get rid of it, i LOVE it!!
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Yes, it's definitely Tiffany, Bride of Chucky. Now with her very own action figure doll!

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

DialIdol shows Casey going home tonight, with Crystal following closely behind.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    DialIdol shows Casey going home tonight, with Crystal following closely behind.
    Wow re: Crystal! Casey is no surprise. He should go. I think even he would agree. Even he wasn't at all surprised by last night's critiques.

Lee was simply amazing. I love him. I really think he's going to take this and he'd deserve it. I love that he doesn't believe he has a hope in hell of winnning. Gotta love humility!

ETA: Harry Connick Jr. was great with the contestants...probably the best I've seen in all the years of the show. He put them at ease, spent a good deal of time with them and was genuinely invested in them. Plus he's just so damn cute and funny.
    Last edited by Elisa; May 5th, 2010 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Crystal was ok but she needs to zip it and stop talking back to Simon.
    I understand why that rubs people up the wrong way, but I just don't think she's out of line when she talks back. And I'm sick of contestants just standing there like a cardboard cut-out. If I was on that show, there's no way I wouldn't be able to stop myself from responding to Kara, for one. The talking back takes the pageanty vibe away from the show. Makes the contestants more interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    NOOO dont get rid of it, i LOVE it!!
    Haha, fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yes, it's definitely Tiffany, Bride of Chucky. Now with her very own action figure doll!

The black re-growth in her hair is a nice touch! Ha!

If Crystal goes over Casey, I will be pissed. VFTW might have an impact there.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I understand why that rubs people up the wrong way, but I just don't think she's out of line when she talks back. And I'm sick of contestants just standing there like a cardboard cut-out. If I was on that show, there's no way I wouldn't be able to stop myself from responding to Kara, for one. The talking back takes the pageanty vibe away from the show. Makes the contestants more interesting too.
    I wouldn't mind if she argued with Kera or just plain told her to shut it!

But I'm worried she will annoy people and lose votes. And I def think she should be there over Aaron, Big Mike and Casey. She's better than Lee, too, but I'd be ok with his winning.

i HATE it when the contestants talk back to the judges. They should be able to be judged on their singing, not their smarmy comments afterwards.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information