Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 9

Hit By Ban Bus!

Since I've been watching the show that Tim guy has sucked every week so this week he hits one out of the park. Can he nail two songs in a row? I really liked his version of Can't Help Falling In Love With You, the rest of the songs were OK. I like that Casey guy - long blond hair and raspy voice.

Tot kid is no where as good as David A.
    I'm tired of Crystal and the rest, I would have rather listened to Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I really don't think Garcia is as talented as they thought. He nailed one song (that damn "Straight Up" they keep talking about, of course) and has been consistently boring and is choosing the wrong songs every week. He should have gone last week. I will be pissed if he doesn't leave tonight.
    Andrew is so overrated and has proven to be a one hit wonder.

Plus, I find he comes across as arrogant and does not listen to the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    I really think they made a mistake picking Andrew at all. He is pretty much riding the Paula Abdul song that got him here. He really pisses me off, week after week he just cannot pick a damned song to save his life.
    THANK YOU. I thought it was just me.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I didn't even watch last night. I knew I didn't have the stomach to even LOOK at Adam,...let alone hear him SCREAM again. I was so glad when last season ended, and I didn't have to see him anymore.

So Andrew went home? Who else? I hope it was that young pubescent boy. Don't care for him either.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; April 15th, 2010 at 12:25 PM.

Katie went home, too.

Adam's performance bored me. And I don't think he sang very well either and I like that song usually. The lasers and lights were a good distraction, I guess.

yup, those lasers irritated the shit out of me. the first 30 seconds were cool but it just went on too long.

i'm GLAD Andrew finally went home.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    Katie went home, too.

Adam's performance bored me. And I don't think he sang very well either and I like that song usually. The lasers and lights were a good distraction, I guess.
    why does he do that? The guy really can sing so why oh why with the screaming? Adam is a really nice guy, I really want to like him but I'm not into the tongue thing either... now if I was a guy that might excite me.

Seacrest Out-Of-It
    Posted Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:40pm PDT by Lyndsey Parker in Reality Rocks

In past "American Idol" seasons, viewers looked to Paula Abdul to supply the show's requisite loopy comedy and awkward moments. But now, with Paula gone, host Ryan Seacrest seems to have stepped into that buffoon role, exhibiting increasingly bizarre behavior all season long. Until this week, his oddest antics had occurred when sparring with Simon Cowell (seriously, the two of them have practically come to blows during their "witty" banter). But on Tuesday's Elvis Night episode, Ryan took his cray-cray shenanigans to a whole new level--or more specifically, a new low--thus setting the blogosphere and Twitterverse ablaze.

For instance, while Tim Urban (suddenly nicknamed "Turban" by Ryan) was performing "Can't Help Falling in Love," Ryan started slow-dancing in the aisles with a stocky male audience member, nearly throwing Tim off-track. The cameras never shot a close-up of this same-sex dancing duo, but Ryan later claimed that his partner had been Season 8 finalist Michael Sarver--a revelation that was met with a smattering of amused applause.

However, the next morning, a confused Michael Sarver tweeted that he hadn't actually attended the taping. (It turned out the beefy gentleman was a friend of contestant Lee Dewyze.) Reports from the scene later revealed that Ryan also danced a solo jig during Andrew Garcia's "Hound Dog" number and played air guitar to Lee's "A Little Less Conversation" performance on Tuesday.

Also, while interviewing guest mentor Adam Lambert--who had reassured skittish viewers, via his Twitter, that his stint on the show this week would be "beyond family-friendly"--Ryan tossed out some not-exactly-family-friendly double entendres. Most notable, and most icky, was the remark, "My tongue's not as talented as yours." Um, okay. Awkward.

But the weirdest Ryan incident had to be when he quite straightfacedly announced that next week's "Idol Gives Back" charity special would be co-hosted by his former cohort, Brian Dunkleman, who left "American Idol" after Season 1 and has since pretty much vanished into obscurity. The surprising news of Brian's return to the "Idol" stage elicited delighted gasps and cheers from the live studio audience...before Ryan revealed that he was just kidding. And no one laughed. Considering how Ryan's star has risen since he started hosting "Idol" on his own, while Brian's career has completely stalled, such a joke at Brian's expense seemed nasty and totally uncalled-for.

All this made me miss Paula's seal-clap, slurred speech, and tendencies to critique songs that have yet to be sung, aggressively promote her QVC jewelry, and draw Sharpie mustaches on her fellow judges. Paula may have been zany, but she was zany in a lovable way. She was never mean. She was always the butt of her own jokes.

What all this especially weird was that Ryan's own mother was in the audience Tuesday night, watching all of this go down. Surely she noticed her son was acting a little strange. The contestants certainly noticed. Crystal Bowersox told EW.com: "We were worried about Ryan a little. He was kooky, in a sweet Ryan kind of way." (Again, in my opinion, the Dunkleman diss was NOT sweet.) Katie Stevens even confronted Ryan about his batty behavior, according to EW.com: "I asked him, after dress rehearsal, 'Ryan, what is up with you?' And he goes, 'You know, I'm really, really tired right now, so I'm trying to fool myself into thinking that I'm awake.' [He was] over-caffeinated."

If that's what Ryan's like on too much caffeine, someone please keep him away from the free supply of Coca-Cola backstage from now on.

Seacrest Out-Of-It - Reality Rocks

Someone has WAY too much time on their hands with that article
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Yeah, that woman is known as a huuuuuuuuge idol tard.

suddenly nicknamed "Turban" by Ryan
    Oh god, please just be a one time only thing.

fgg

'American Idol' Front-Runner Almost Quit

Originally posted Apr 16th 2010 1:00 AM PDT by TMZ Staff
    TMZ has learned "American Idol" contestant Crystal Bowersox threw in the towel a little more than two weeks ago and was walking off the show, when Ryan Seacrest did some fast-talking and changed her mind.

It went down in a parking lot after an "A.I." show. In front of several people, Crystal told Ryan she couldn't handle the competition.... she said she hated the attention and said to Seacrest, "What's the point?"

Crystal said she was going back to Ohio to be with her family, whom she missed terribly.

Ryan told Crystal that being on "Idol" was like starting a business, and if she won she'd get a recording contract and become a millionaire.

Seacrest sealed the deal by telling her, "The greatest thing I ever did was make enough money so I could buy my mom a house. You can buy your mom a house."

Seacrest out ... Crystal, not out.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0lHW2oARZ

i'm over Crystal, and have been for some time. Sure, she can sing, but its the same shit week after week.

she's got no personality to speak of, and, to me, she seems to act like she's doing me a favor by singing.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

i'm over Crystal, and have been for some time. Sure, she can sing, but its the same shit week after week.

she's got no personality to speak of, and, to me, she seems to act like she's doing me a favor by singing.

I agree. To me she is the same, week after week. She needs to go on the road as a Janis Joplin impersonator. And she does act like we should all be graced by her singing,...whatever!

Why in the hell did she even try out for the show and to be a well known singer?? She doesn't like the attention? Pffft,...pick a different career,....duh! I hate whinners.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; April 16th, 2010 at 03:46 PM.

Elite Member

I think Crystal is there solely to provide a better life for her child. She's already said AI isn't the platform she'd have used to be discovered. She just knows it's a quick route to exposure. She's talented and all, but I get nothing from her. Lee, on the other hand, amuses me. He's talented and there's something about him that's really endearing. I'd buy his music.

Adam's performance disappointed me. It was so drawn out and boring. I thought his voice was really off too. I guess everyone's entitled to a bad night and that was his. It's not too often that he's off.

Hit By Ban Bus!

me too and I'm over Ryan as well.... he doesn't need to be a second Paula we've got Kera or Keri or whatever the heck her name is.. 2 seasons now and I still can't remember her name.

Thread Information