Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    WTF was up with Paige actually singing decently during her swan song?

Because Paige can sing,....and she can sing better than several of people who made it through last night. She has been sick and that hurt her Tuesday night. I don't think she should have gotten the axe this early. Tim or that little pubescent teen boy should have gone home before Paige.

I just can't stand Crystal. But you can tell they are pushing her to win. I think Big Mike is better than her.

I still miss Alex so much. Ah, what could've been.

I notice a lot of people sing better on their way out. Probably because the pressure's off. At least they didn't even pretend to consider Paige for the save bullshit. She started off strong in the early rounds, but this week she really was terrible. The song has been done to death too. I do like Crystal, but she gave a pretty sound-alike Janis Joplin performance and Simon was praising her for originality! His favourite thing to say is "You're not original" and as good as Crystal was, it was Janis Joplin. She could quit this show now and be the Janis Joplin tribute show. I am getting sick of the same shit coming out of the judges mouths. And when the contestant does it, it's still wrong. I thought Tim looked like a moron sliding around the stage the other night but he was told one week to show personality and move around! And I guess he did just that! But I 100% hate that he's in the competition because he sucks. His only decent performance will probably remain "Hallelujah" all season, until he's eliminated. But I haven't ruled out the terrible possibility that he'll sail into the top 5 with his fanbase.

I don't get the Andrew Garcia hype. He has chosen horrible songs every week now.

Good on Crystal for that "me" comment. The judges are contradictory broken records. And half those comments are probably scripted. And Kara and Simon need to knock the flirting off. Kara's try-hard ways are really hard to watch. I'm about to write a letter to Fox.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; March 25th, 2010 at 08:55 AM.

I get tired of the same crap out of the judges each week, too. And then when the contestants try what they were told the week before, it is wrong. How the hell can they know what to ever do to please them.

I want to hear something else out of Crystal. Can she do anyting else at all?? Right now you are right,...she just needs to quit the show and tour the land as a Janis Joplin impersonator.

It's no wonder why Simon is leaving this show. This year Idol has gone downhill, at least Ellen provides some entertainment. Kara is too annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I want to hear something else out of Crystal. Can she do anyting else at all?? Right now you are right,...she just needs to quit the show and tour the land as a Janis Joplin impersonator.
    That's my friends argument. The others are constantly told to '"change it up" (my god, I'm sick of hearing that) but Crystal is going to give similar performances every week - and Simon is OK with that because he's already said she doesn't need to change a thing. I don't get it... I don't understand why some contestants glide by doing the same old and others are dragged over hot coals for it.

The other thing that bugs me is the SONG CHOICES. Christ!!! Even the drunks at my local bar can pick better songs for karaoke night.

I think because Crystal is so good at what she does, the judges approve.

You either need to be awesome at singing the song as is, or creatively change it up to make it awesome.

Crystal is an indie type who will likely have a festival career with a loyal following.

And I agree Paige can sing and she should not have gone home before Peter Brady or Garcia. They suck filthy pond water!

on the news last night they showed some clips of Chrystal at various competitions and fairs. In all of the clips she was doing a Janis Joplin song.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

no...change it up
    no...figure out who you are and stick with that
    no...make it your own
    no...be true to yourself as an artist
    no...be original & creative
    no...we like you because you know what you're good at and you stick with that
    no...do something different
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

I hold the judges responsible for this season's fiasco. They chose the very contestants they're condemning every week. How the hell are we supposed to rally around them if the judges can't even stand them?

With regard to Andrew, he was one of my faves in the very beginning. He can't choose a song, but I still think he can sing. I'll hear James Morrison's "You Give Me Something" any day over some other hokey song choices. I'm as confused as he is with the constant confusing remarks (see Lobelia's post above) this seaon. It's ridiculous and Randy's going to drive me nuts with his non-stop hating on everything.

Most boring season yet with the most obvious choice to win (Crystal) ever. Personally, I like Lee and Mike the best now that Alex is gone.

A little help please. My friend whooshed through her recording of the show to show me "Casey" because she'd thought I'd like his face and guitar playing. I only saw his face for a second and he looked cute.

I haven't seen any of this season. Should I bother to like him? Douchey or okay?

i like Casey. He's a decent singer, and cute. but when Kara made him take his shirt off in the auditions, he lost me. He has no muscle, at all. just skinny.

it is after all, a visual competition isnt it?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Might mean nothing but I was excited about this news. The girl who began the petition and has been on Fox's backside for 2 weeks (and she isn't the only one) sent an email saying she had good news. Alex said on Facebook that he's returned to LA, and asked for prayers and luck....

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa
    I hold the judges responsible for this season's fiasco. They chose the very contestants they're condemning every week. How the hell are we supposed to rally around them if the judges can't even stand them?
    Exactly. We don't vote the top 24 in, what they decide is who we're stuck with. And if they're not excited, neither are we. Randy is surprising me this season. He looks as pissed off and bored with the contestants (with the exception of a few) as the viewers are. Ellen is the only thing livening things up on the judges end. Kara IS a broken record and Simon looks like he's counting the hours until X Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post

With regard to Andrew, he was one of my faves in the very beginning. He can't choose a song, but I still think he can sing. I'll hear James Morrison's "You Give Me Something" any day over some other hokey song choices. I'm as confused as he is with the constant confusing remarks (see Lobelia's post above) this seaon. It's ridiculous and Randy's going to drive me nuts with his non-stop hating on everything.

Most boring season yet with the most obvious choice to win (Crystal) ever. Personally, I like Lee and Mike the best now that Alex is gone.
    I am wondering if they selected the 'duds' so Crystal can win Idol this year.
    Surely they had better constestants than the ones we are stuck with now.

That would suck. They can easily fix a win for Crystal if that's the case and not make us suffer with crap. It doesn't matter to me who wins (I look forward to the finale night itself with the contestants dueting with other musicians), it's more about being entertained each week. Idol are morons if they deliberately select rubbish so their chosen one stands out, and it's only going to lose them viewers so I don't see the sense in it.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; March 26th, 2010 at 10:25 PM.

I'm missing Adam this year. He was so entertaining.

Thread Information