Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    ^Alright, fair question.

Because being pissed off about something can require the same amount of time and energy as 'fantarding' I guess. The same can be asked of anyone who devotes time and energy into what they don't like. That's everywhere on this forum, not just in this thread. 90% of this place is disliking celebrities and being vocal about it. I'm just giving my opinion. It just gets a little long-winded. I have a bad habit of overanalyzing everything, and I have too much to say on too much, and because I like to put fact into my argument, I do go and research things much like 'Lambertards' would. See when I'm giving my opinion, people usually ask 'where did you get that from?' so I go find it and end up finding more things to comment on again... it's never-ending. Then I think someone else might be interested in it, then it turns out they aren't, so you have my LONG posts and people's 2 sentences haha.

And I'm still pissed off that I'm yet to see a Kris interview where he's not giving the impression that he's completely undeserving of the win. So I come in here and blow off steam and it gets misinterpreted as me having an Adam obsession when I'm just saying how I feel about him. It just takes me a few hundred paragraphs to say it! I've had obsessions before... this might look like one, but it's really nothing in comparison to what an obsession is in my world I'm ashamed of genuine obsession so I don't even bring the object of my obsession up. This is just ranting.

Oh, and "Lambertard" isn't what I call anyone that is an 'Adam fan'. It's the insane fans - I only used that term under the 'Adam dictionary' because... come on! That kind of craziness is the work of the insane fans.
    You know why I had to ask? Just because you're a lot like me in this aspect (and in many other I may not show). E.G.: I became an authority in a certain German philosopher due my hatred and despise for his work and his ideas. I figured the more I knew, the more I could refute any given argument from his butt smoochers (apparently, the entire humanity but me worships the freakin' loon).

I get your "shame" on real obsessions and I get your ranting. Trust me.

Crazy fans of all sorts should be impaled. At the same time the bring in tons of cash for the artist they "support", they really hurt them artistically. I personally think fantardism has been one of the major issues keeping modern mainstream commercial artists with mean talent not being seriously taken due to their "fanbase".

After all this AI hype settles down a bit, please consider listening to a bit of Lambert though. Not trying to convert you here, just meaning to take away the hatred in order for you to be a bit more fair (hey, I've done this to... Gokey, lol). The dude sounds like a young Ian Gillan. Now tell me what sort of record exec in their right mind would sign with a a potential rocker who doesn't fit today's commercial standards (Nickelback, Daughtry, and a bunch of others which I really can't tell apart from each other... "rockers"... and I even use the quotes loosely). Besides that, there is the general prejudice that "nobody will ever do them justice" is completely screwed up. Give it a chance, and a handful will indeed be revealed and do the classic names justice.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Eh. The voting system is flawed and lends itself to abuse. And Simon's pimping of Adam and Danny was ridiculous.

With that said, American Idol is a supremely mainstream show and the public voted in someone who is talented, charming, nice, cute, and also fits in very well with mainstream tastes (and I don't mean that as an insult). I don't think Kris minded being the underdog--he is a pretty unassuming guy--and he seems happy and relaxed in the interviews I've seen since he won.

I wish them both well.
    The pimping was exactly what I think killed Gokey's and Lambert's sure shots of winning the competition. In all fairness, both are leagues away in talent from Kris. I'm sorry to say this, but talented... ehhhh... I'd say he's just above average, but too generic to remember. Everybody would have seen him as the everage "cutie" who'd have gotten voted off, at, let's risk say the top 7 and wouldn't be heard from again if it weren't for the adorable pink glass bubble which protected him from any kind of backlash because he lacked expressiveness to begin with even to CONSIDER being pimped, because, face it: after his Idol reign is over he WILL fade into oblivion. Undeserving? Yes, indeed. If he weren't, the supporters wouldn't be questioning.

Unfortunatly, I see Kris Allen releasing a single album, and probably go into recording a second flop and just either give up or go straight to Christian music. He hasn't got what it takes to maintain a career and I don't see his supporters here and elsewhere still actually listening to his music in say... 2 years from now. He lacks the creativity, the originality, the presence, the artistic quality, and falls short from topping generic and downright boring, no matter how cutesy/adorable/whateververble he seems to be this month, or the next: it will inevitably fade away.

God knows, I am SURE there are PLENTY of people who can't stand to hear me sing either
    You got that right.

I hope no one actually believed that blood truly poured forth from my ears
    Yeah, Clay, you invented that saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    You know why I had to ask? Just because you're a lot like me in this aspect (and in many other I may not show). E.G.: I became an authority in a certain German philosopher due my hatred and despise for his work and his ideas. I figured the more I knew, the more I could refute any given argument from his butt smoochers (apparently, the entire humanity but me worships the freakin' loon).
    I never thought of it that way, but you're spot on - the research is necessary to argue with the butt kissers I was convinced I was typing a whole lot of bullshit that no one would be able to comprehend, so I'm glad you got it
    I don't hate Adam or think he CAN'T sing, because that would be stupid. Even if I don't care for someone's voice, I can still recognize that they have one. Now that AI is over I might be able to get into his music. I don't hate the guy, I just found it interesting to analyze him. And while I dislike Gokey, he too can sing his arse off. As much as I love Kris, I agree with you that he lacks any serious staying power. Like David Archuleta, he had a voice, hes cute but what the hell is he doing now? He's doing fine but he's never going to be that interesting, so a 'star' he isn't. Adam is definitely one of those 'love him or hate him, you're gonna talk about him' types for sure.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I never thought of it that way, but you're spot on - the research is necessary to argue with the butt kissers I was convinced I was typing a whole lot of bullshit that no one would be able to comprehend, so I'm glad you got it
    I don't hate Adam or think he CAN'T sing, because that would be stupid. Even if I don't care for someone's voice, I can still recognize that they have one. Now that AI is over I might be able to get into his music. I don't hate the guy, I just found it interesting to analyze him. And while I dislike Gokey, he too can sing his arse off. As much as I love Kris, I agree with you that he lacks any serious staying power. Like David Archuleta, he had a voice, hes cute but what the hell is he doing now? He's doing fine but he's never going to be that interesting, so a 'star' he isn't. Adam is definitely one of those 'love him or hate him, you're gonna talk about him' types for sure.
    See? That's why I thought yours was a fair answer.

And ITA on everything you said up there. There are people in various different areas whose work just isn't appealing to me, but I can still remain unbiased when it comes to acknowledging quality, leaving taste aside.

Post-Idol will be good for those of us who don't like Gokey (and who tend to obsess over small things, lol) to analyze what he's about without the juges feeding the dislike, for instance. I restarted watching Idol again this season only when it was down to the top 8 and I don't believe anyone even considered Allen as a potential finalist or a personal favorite back then. I sticked around because of the star quality in Adam you pointed out in your post: LOVED him (odd enough his had been the most memorable audition to me, though not in a good way... I was so damn sure he was gonna sing some Simple Plan suicidal emo crap and run out of that audition room throwing a diva fit while rivers of tears filled with eyliner and mascara flooded the craters on his face). He's that kind of guy I can surely say will stick around (and am thrilled by that). I don't know. I'd been bored with music for years and he just suddenly brought a spark back as to the expectation for the new. My playlist dates back from pre-history and is stuck in the mid-90s, with very few recent elements. The likes of him, Allison, and Anoop (no star quality as well, I know, but I do like him a lot) have been so refreshing and have me really looking forward as to what may come in the future.

I'm still wondering what happend to Melinda Doolittle. Simon is the only judge who still makes some sense, and she was the Idol contender he complimented the most in all seasons, hands down (more than Adam and Danny). I think those compliments kinda killed her chances too and she ended up losing her spot on the final to that beatbox douche... Blake Lewis(??). That's why I didn't watch season 7 and missed a chunk of season 8.

I doubt Adam is wasting much time sulking over the Clay Comments.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I doubt Adam is wasting much time sulking over the Clay Comments.
    The fucktard made an apology... and even acknowledged, in fact, that Adam doesn't give a flying fuck.

Clay Aiken - Yahoo! TV

Elite Member

Default re

I swear, coming out did not improve his douchiness one bit!

The HILARIOUS part of his 'I'M GAY!' people magazine cover is the Claymates were genuinely shocked and upset.

my friend won tickets to the tour, and gave them to me. Outside of Megan, i think i'll have fun. We went last year, and it was fun then too.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    my friend won tickets to the tour, and gave them to me. Outside of Megan, i think i'll have fun. We went last year, and it was fun then too.
    What! Are you going to share with me???
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

The HILARIOUS part of his 'I'M GAY!' people magazine cover is the Claymates were genuinely shocked and upset.
    no what shocked me was his naked youtube video - Clay trolling for dates. Some people should not be seen naked especially if they have long troll hair all over their body. I think some one should have stapled clothes on him, super glued, duct taped......

He and Rosie should have never come out, both have been bitter Bettys ever since and for the love come out from where? Everyone knew they were gay.

That video didn't look like him, IMO. I could be wrong, but I just never saw it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    What! Are you going to share with me???
    well, my 15 yo is already complaining about going. So get on a plane July 18th, and you can be my date
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^Have fun, darling, and give us your report of course!

I gotta do some tail between the leg talk here. As much as I love Kris, he is not a good winner. I was watching the top 10 on Larry King and Kris isn't who you pay attention to, he does not stand out, and he can't speak well. Yeah, he's not a star. I admit it.

That show was boring too. You can tell the Idols this year aren't as close as last years group whose episode of Larry King was alot of fun - they were all having a great time. You can sort of make out a few friendships here and there with this group, but overall there's tension. Turns out Adam hates Sarver because Sarver has said to him 'Where I'm from, you're in the closet or you're dead'. Adam had this irritated look on his face whenever Sarver spoke. And he doesn't like Gokey because he judged him. Apparently Adam congratulated Kris' father on how well he raised Kris and said 'he's the first Christian who didn't judge me'. Ok, that makes me sad. It also makes me like Kris alot more because he gives Christians a good name, whereas Gokey doesn't. There are genuinely nice religious people, then there are those who use religion to feel superior and believe it puts them in a position to be judgemental. Also says alot about the Kris and Adam friendship - they look tight, the others not so much.

Now that the show's over I can't wait to see the claws come out.

RAWR!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Adam hates Sarver because Sarver has said to him 'Where I'm from, you're in the closet or you're dead'. Adam had this irritated look on his face whenever Sarver spoke.
    i noticed that too when i watched it. I laughed how Sarver didnt get to say but 10 words .... he sucked on AI.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information