Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Oh my god, fuck that 'WHAT WENT WRONG?' bullshit! Kris deserved to win. END.

And the judges have no pull whatsoever. The idiots constantly twist this around. When Simon praises someone and they lose its because America votes against him. When Simon throws someone under the bus and they lose it's because America agrees with Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Funny enough, this has been the worst year of ass-licking. The clamped onto Lambert and didn't let go. It truly was pathetic to watch.

I've only been watching since season 5, I think... it was the year Daughtry got robbed, and the severe ass licking seemed to start last year with the two David's.

Now that I think about it... the judges did the same thing with the Davids that they did with Lambert and Allen (although, not to the extent they did this year); claiming one to be the sure win, claiming the other as "the dark horse", with the dark horse winning.

The "dark horse" last year won by 14 million votes. That's a landslide in any language!

One writer pointed out the rocker never wins. Adam was the rocker. Makes sense.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I thought David Cook was a rocker?

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    Simon will be back next year, his contract is good through 2010.

i forgot, i enjoyed the Black Eyed Peas last night. Fergie sounded good!
    I LOVED the Black Eyed Peas and Fergie. I've never been into them but I was amazed at how good Fergie sounded. I always assumed that she couldn't really sing, it was all done in the studio, etc. but it looked like she wasn't lip-synching last night. So I was impressed.

My favourite of the night, though, was Kris and Keith Urban. I can't wait to download that one.

And David Cook's performance. I cried like a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    <snipped full article from Pop Vox>
    Which songs are you more likely to have on your iPod? Kris beats Adam on mine. They're both terrific guys who have great careers ahead of them. But maybe Kris is the more deserving American Idol after all.
    That's what it came down to for me. I liked Adam and his performances but, other than Tracks of My Tears and maybe "Beth" from last night, I can't see myself listening to any of them later. I've already been trying to download a bunch of Kris' performances (and would have if iTunes didn't SUCK on my computer. Frigging PC. Frigging iTunes. Ugh.).
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I thought David Cook was a rocker?
    He is,but you don't see him wearing black nail polish or dressing-um-creatively!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Picturing David Archuleta as a rocker Funny imagery.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Daughtry wears guyliner.

I have more Adam on my Ipod than Kris or Danny.

I have no clue why Adam didn't win but I was put off in the beginning when the judges pimped out Adam, then I got over myself and realized it wasn't Adams fault. Also it was Simon with the gay remarks to which Adam never smiled and only gave Simon blank looks. Adam was comfortable with his sexuality, his boyfriend was always with him.

Adam lost, Kris won and I think they should leave it at that. Tweens use the phone and if Kris was their target then Adam didn't have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    You didn't watch!? You missed Anoop! He looked hot. He's so attractive to me now, it's that facial hair. He's just a lovely looking lad!
    Ughhhh...I was going to watch but decided to go to a bar instead.

And oh boy...indeed he's sexier with the facial hair- it's very becoming for him...but I've had the hots for him since his 'geeky' audition.

Apparently I wasn't alone in missing this because it was the least watched finale yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    I can't believe you didn't watch! Anoop did get some camera face time, ya know.
    Don't tell me this.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    lol i thought of MoodyJenny when i saw the amount of time Anoop was on camera!
    Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    ^ I did too
    ^Awww, thanks for thinking of me! LOL!

I'm sure had I been watching I would have screamed with glee like a little school girl and pissed off my those around me.

However I did end up watching the clip of Kris winning and of Kara pwning bikini girl on stage...(which btw I thought was so a set up) but if it wasn't then DAMN!!! Girl got SERVED!

Still hate Kara though.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I just saw the clip of Kara singing and stripping. Bikini girl looked like a fool lol

But I never knew Kara had such a good voice.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Adam fantard here and I'm glad, glad, glad he didn't win. He doesn't have to sing Kara's shiteous song.
    And not only that. He's only stuck for what? One year compared to the FIVE Kris is in for. Plus the the 50% (unless they changed it) that 19E takes. Technically Adam is going to come out the winner in this.

I've never minded that the judges show favoritism because that's the only way they can (ostensibly) influence things past a certain point in the competition. If the judges determined the winners thoughout the whole thing, then yeah - the blatant favoritism would be unnecessary and ridiculous. But America votes, so the ass-kissing and criticism is what they use to get their preferred contestent to win. Which is what a judge is ultimately supposed to do.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    Oh my god, fuck that 'WHAT WENT WRONG?' bullshit! Kris deserved to win. END.

And the judges have no pull whatsoever. The idiots constantly twist this around. When Simon praises someone and they lose its because America votes against him. When Simon throws someone under the bus and they lose it's because America agrees with Simon.

I know, right? Fuck that noise. I didn't even vote because I cared less, but seriously its irritating to me how certain media is still sucking Adam off. I hate these "what went wrong" theories. Suck it up. Sure, maybe some people didn't vote for him because he was gay. But just as many in the gay community voted for him because he was, I'm sure. And maybe a handful of Christians voted for Kris, but probably a handful voted for Adam because he's not. Everything negates one another, the final vote came down to who people liked to listen to. Period. Trying to assume that it was "stolen" in some way all comes down to sour grapes. Either way, they'll both be fine. Adam has a very devoted following (as all can see) who will purchase his CDs. Good for him. There really is no loser here.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

No-no loser at all! At least the two finalists are happy with it. No down side.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    No-no loser at all! At least the two finalists are happy with it. No down side.
    yup! it seems the general public is more upset than Adam and Kris. oh yeah and Clay Aiken.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information