Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think the entertainment they had was the best yet.

Lost it when David Cook sang. As soon as I saw the arm band I knew the song was for his brother.

I thought Adam took losing very graciously. I've had a change of heart towards Adam, I think his confidence gets confused with arrogance. The judges shoved him in our face week after week if they hadn't I think he would have won.

I loved the bikini thing with Kera, she sang the hell out of that song and made fake boobie broad look as stupid and shallow as she really is.

I really don't think winning is all that important this year, while the girls looked like they were picked for their looks the guys could actually sing. I think Anoop, Danny, Matt, Adam and Kris will all get contracts and do well.

As for the title song this year.. sorry Kera but it's the worse song they've ever had, clearly written with Adam in mind.

After seeing that awful lame cd cover of Adam's for 'No Boundaries' I wish he had won. Oh and I HATE THAT SONG. Poor Kris.

Anoop better get signed, that's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    After seeing that awful lame cd cover of Adam's for 'No Boundaries' I wish he had won.
    Haha, it's classic! He probably sabotaged the phone lines after seeing it.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Ugh that sucks. Honestly, I wish Adam had won. After selling out all season the best ending would be he's stuck doing that.
    He's been signed to 19 as well... so whatever he does is the same thing he'd be doing if he had won I guess.

Simon pissed me off too. He wasn't happy that Kris had won, and it's CLASSLESS to show it. Also, he said 'You're both good guys, i don't usually mean that' but he said the same thing to the two David's last year, who were both great guys. It just annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach
    Lost it when David Cook sang. As soon as I saw the arm band I knew the song was for his brother.
    When he sang the line about 'I know you're living in hell every single day, and something about 'taking your place' I lost it too. You could see the tears in his eyes, and he held it together. Also, when he said 'You get strength from everyone else who goes through this' - ahh David is still amazing.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; May 21st, 2009 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post

I can't believe you didn't watch! Anoop did get some camera face time, ya know.
    lol i thought of MoodyJenny when i saw the amount of time Anoop was on camera!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^ I did too

Simon is such an ass. I usually like that he says it how it is, but not standing when Kris' name was announced was just wrong. What a dick.

Wish they would repeat it. I didnt tevo it either. Looks like good entertainment. I was rooting for Kris cause Adam has been preforming since he was 10. Kris came out of nowhere and really shined. Thats American idol to me. Someone with no history of hitting the stage, a real amature.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Hit By Ban Bus!

I tried to Itune David's song. The world goes into a panic over swine flu and yet cancer which has been around since the beginning of time is starting to be accepted - oh look this person has cancer, or guess who just died of cancer, oh what a shame. If there is a epidemic in the world it's cancer. The world need to pull all their resources together and cure the damn thing instead of accepting it.

I didn't notice the judges, I was so expecting Adams name to be called it took me a few seconds to realize what happened - that and the look on Kris' face. I'm a sceptic I always think the judges know who is going to win.

I don't think Simon will be back next year and I don't think I will either. The finale was really good but I thought the show down between the two David's was better.

Simon will be back next year, his contract is good through 2010.

i forgot, i enjoyed the Black Eyed Peas last night. Fergie sounded good!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I have only watched the final 5 mins of the show and bless Kris' little soul. He really didn't know how to take it, and I hated how Simon didn't give him a standing O and how Ryan Seacock was like 'how does it feel to be the UNDERDOG, the DARK HORSE, come up and win it?' like he didn't deserve to, and NO-ONE expected it in their wildest dreams. This is the one reason I'm sorry Kris won - he won't get to enjoy it without feeling like it was a 'pity' win, or 'fixed'.

Wasn't David Cook referred to as "the dark horse" (again, by ALL the judges) at the end of last years American Idol? I think that saying is extremely stupid, after all, that "dark horse" beat out hundreds upon thousands of other contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Wasn't David Cook referred to as "the dark horse" (again, by ALL the judges) at the end of last years American Idol? I think that saying is extremely stupid, after all, that "dark horse" beat out hundreds upon thousands of other contestants.
    I have never watched American Idol until this year, I'm new to all this, but maybe the Judges should learn licking one contestants arse is NOT the way to get them to win.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I have never watched American Idol until this year, I'm new to all this, but maybe the Judges should learn licking one contestants arse is NOT the way to get them to win.
    Funny enough, this has been the worst year of ass-licking. The clamped onto Lambert and didn't let go. It truly was pathetic to watch.

I've only been watching since season 5, I think... it was the year Daughtry got robbed, and the severe ass licking seemed to start last year with the two David's.

Now that I think about it... the judges did the same thing with the Davids that they did with Lambert and Allen (although, not to the extent they did this year); claiming one to be the sure win, claiming the other as "the dark horse", with the dark horse winning.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByKnightRider View Post
    ^Amen to that. If Kara is back next season, I will eat raw meat.
    Most articles are saying her moment during the finale was one of the best parts of the show. Plus I read something about them wanting to renew her contract in an effort to get Paula to resign (her contract is up this season), because Paula feels more comfortable with her. Not sure about the validity of that though.

Also, regarding the favoritism, I'm not sure if it was so blatantly displayed way back when but I know everyone was sure Fantasia would win over Diana (at least they say so now) and I'm pretty sure with Kelly and Justin too. They probably just weren't as vocal back then.

MSNBC.com
    Sources say ‘Idol’ final vote wasn’t even close
    Winner Kris Allen wonders if eyeliner, nail polish hurt Adam Lambert

Access Hollywood
    updated 3:07 p.m. PT, Thurs., May 21, 2009

LOS ANGELES - Kris Allen picked up the “American Idol” title on Wednesday night, and while it may have shocked some media pundits who were expecting an Adam Lambert victory, a source close to the show revealed the final vote was not even close.

A top FOX source told Access Hollywood that the vote left Kris as the clear winner by a large margin.

And upon learning the news during his visit to Access Hollywood and “The Billy Bush” show on Wednesday morning, Kris wasn’t sure how to take the information.

“Really?” Kris said. “America’s gonna vote whichever way they want to… I don’t know. Whatever happened last night, was just a — it’s a total surprise for me so I don’t even know how to feel about that.”

When asked why he thought he prevailed over Adam, the 23-year-old Conway, Ark., singer suggested it may have been because he is “just a regular guy.”

“There’s not a whole lot of people that approve of the whole guy-liner thing and the nail polish and all that,” Kris said. “But for me, I love Adam and I think he’s one of the greatest people that I’ve met so far. For me, I’m just a regular guy and I think a lot of people just related to me.”

And Adam had Kris’ back — including just moments after the young man won the title, reminding him he had to sing “No Boundaries,” a song co-penned by “Idol” judge, Kara DioGuardi.

“Seriously, Adam hugged me and goes, ‘You have to sing that song now.’ I was like ‘Ohhhh gosh!’” Kris said of the moment. “I was like ‘OK, just sing it!’ I thought it went OK.”

As for the song, which Randy Jackson and Kara both decided might be too high for Kris during Tuesday’s competition, Kris admitted it is a tough tune to belt out.

“I like the song. It’s tough to sing, I’m not gonna lie. It’s a rough song, but Kara’s a great writer,” Kris said. “It was so much fun working with her in the studio. She’s a lot of fun to work with.”

Slightly easier was performing with superstars Keith Urban and Queen on the show’s season finale.

“Playing with Keith Urban, it was really great,” Kris said. “Getting to meet him — he’s just a laid back guy, just a cool guy, laid back just like I am and he was like, ‘Lets go out there,’ and that’s what we did. And had a great time and getting to play with Brian May and sing with him and sing with Queen? Wow! That was priceless.”

Another priceless moment came for Kris at the end of the show, when his wife of seven months, Katy, came on stage for a celebratory embrace.

“She’s been my biggest supporter and since we got together seven years ago, she’s always tried to make me work harder at music,” Kris said of his lady love. “She believed in me a lot because there were times when I wanted to give up and she was like, ‘No, don’t stop, you’re really great and you need to keep doing this and you’re not gonna be happy unless you keep doing this,’ and I think she’s happy that my dream has come true.”

Copyright 2009 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: Sources say ‘Idol’ final vote wasn’t even close - Access Hollywood - msnbc.com

MSN Privacy . Legal
    © 2009 MSNBC.com

"American Idol": And the Winner Is ...
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:00 AM
    By Ramin Setoodeh

Whoa. So it's really true: Kris Allen is the new American Idol. Really. Seriously? This is the biggest upset—well, ever, in the show's eight seasons. Even more than when Chris Daughtry was voted out or when Ruben Studdard beat Clay Aiken. It wasn't just that Adam was pimped out by the judges more than any Idol contestant this season—Paula practically crowned him the winner when he sang "Black or White" 11 weeks ago—it's that he really was the best vocalist we've ever seen on Idol. Simon Cowell has even said that he thinks Adam's going to be an international star.

So what went wrong? Here are the top seven reasons why Adam Lambert lost American Idol.

1. Blame the judges. Just like it's now bad karma to be the front runner in the Oscar race (as Frost/Nixon can tell you) or the presidential election (as Hillary Clinton can tell you), it also doesn't help if you're the foregone winner of Idol long before the season is over. And here is where the judges didn't help Adam's case. Week after week, they didn't just praise him; they declared him The. Greatest. Singer. Ever. In. All. Of. History. Yes, he's a rock god, but when there's a preconceived notion that you've got the Idol crown in the bag, it makes your fans lazy and you lose votes. Kris Allen, on the other hand, consistently delivered solid performances and received mildly positive reviews from the judges. His fans felt like they had to fight harder to keep him in the contest.

2. But you should especially blame Kara DioGuardi. The new judge hasn't been getting much love from the blogosphere—especially after her gaffes involving "Studio 57" (she meant "Studio 54") and "Saturday Night Live" (she meant "Saturday Night Fever")—but she really proved to be the Joe Biden of Idol after she co-wrote the worst coronation song ever, "No Boundaries." The last song is usually how Simon manipulates America into voting for his favorite contestant, by unleashing a parade of superlatives. Not this year. "No Boundaries" was such a train wreck that neither of the contestants could pull it off. It literally left all the judges speechless, including Kara, who said she wasn't going to judge Kris based on her own song. Huh? In the end, the confusion was good for Kris. The judges weren't able to make one big last push for Adam.

3. Did we mention that Adam is a rock god? Idol has always favored syrupy balladeers or pop singers. It doesn't matter how well you can rock out—ask Chris Daughtry or Bo Bice or Carly Smithson or even Allison Iraheta. Rockers don't win American Idol.

4. The Christian factor. Last week, I wrote about how Adam (who hasn't spoken about his religious beliefs on the show) might be hurt by the fact that he was going up against two devout Christian finalists, Kris and Danny Gokey. Most of Gokey's fans probably ended up voting for Kris over Adam, giving him the boost he needed to win. You could say—as many of you have in the comments—that religion is an irrelevant criterion for judging a singing competition. But the fact remains that Idol is one of TV's most family-friendly shows, and it draws a large number of Christian viewers. Five out of seven of the past Idol winners have been very vocal about their Christian faith. Kris Allen had the edge here.

5. The gay factor. Adam Lambert hasn't talked about his sexuality publicly, but TV Guide reported that he was "openly gay," Perez Hilton reported on his (alleged) boyfriend and there are photos circulating online of someone who looks like him kissing another guy. This shouldn't be an issue in 2009. But if you've read any of online chatter about Idol this year, you know that sadly, there's still plenty of hate out there. Adam has millions of fans, and it looked like he could strike an emphatic blow against homophobia, much the same way that Obama broke through the race barrier when he became the country's first black president. But his ambiguous sexuality still cost Adam votes.

6. The youth vote. Remember last week, when they played footage of Kris and Adam visiting their hometowns? Both were met with adoring crowds, but only one was greeted by wailing tween girls who looked like they were in the presence of a long-lost Jonas brother. Kris was the heartthrob who covered Kayne West and dressed like Chace Crawford. Lambert was the Broadway kid who sang Aerosmith and wore eyeliner. The girl vote went to Kris, an important victory—tween girls are the diehards who stay up for hours after the show texting and calling in their votes.

7. In the end, Adam was the better singer, but Kris might have been the more unique artist, despite what the judges said. Don't believe me? Prior to the finale, here are the Adam performances I most remember: "Black and White," "Tracks of My Tears," "Mad World," "If I Can't Have You." Here's Kris's list: "Ain't No Sunshine," "Falling Slowly," "She Works Hard for Her Money," "Heartless." Which songs are you more likely to have on your iPod? Kris beats Adam on mine. They're both terrific guys who have great careers ahead of them. But maybe Kris is the more deserving American Idol after all.

Pop Vox: Newsweek's Daily Arts and Culture Blog : "American Idol": And the Winner Is ...

Thread Information