Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I really don't think he lost b/c he's gay (call me naive if you must, but half of America doesn't even believe he's gay anyway). I really think he lost b/c a.) Danny's fans voted for the other Christian and b.) he's kind of weird and out there, harder to connect with and not everyone loved his screechy voice.
    I think it has more to do with b. than a.

Plus, you gotta think about the people who actually call and vote (and vote and vote and vote and vote) ... pre-teen girls, right? I can see them being weirded out by Adam and thinking Kris is cute.

Not that I think the votes are the only thing that determines who goes home

I kept trying to vote for Adam last night and I never once got through-using all 3 numbers!
    Still,Adam looked totally happy,even if he didn't win.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by politesse View Post
    I gained new respect for Kris too because he had the balls to say what most people where thinking. Adam did deserve it.
    No, Adam didn't deserve it. The person with the most votes deserves it.... being Kris. Obviously the guy had a HUGE, determined following.

You might like Adam more, but that doesn't mean he deserved to win.

Yes, these are real

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    No, Adam didn't deserve it. The person with the most votes deserves it.... being Kris. Obviously the guy had a HUGE, determined following.

You might like Adam more, but that doesn't mean he deserved to win.

Well, Kris and I agree.Adam did deserve it.He is a better singer and performer and if, as some of the other posters suggested,the voting was based on supporting a Christian, straight, safe performer, how is that deserving?

Well, Kris and I agree.Adam did deserve it.He is a better singer and performer and if, as some of the other posters suggested,the voting was based on supporting a Christian, straight, safe performer, how is that deserving?
    LOL... Kris was being humble.

You honestly think Kris won because the U.S didn't want Adam Lambert to win because he's gay??? Come on, that's simply ridiculous!

Kris has talent. He is a very good singer. Millions upon MILLIONS agreed. Maybe...just maybe... people realized Adam was too much of a screecher? Maybe they couldn't see themselves listening to a CD full of screeching.

Granted, the packaging of Adam Lambert is very nice, but without the visual, he's not much. Download a few of his songs and take a listen. It's not half as good as when you can see him perform it. He NEEDS to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I actually wasn't that surprised. Dial Idol had him ahead all day and I think the core audience is a bit scared by Adam and his weirdness.
    Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    I am surprised but only slightly.
    Same here...yeah, I was surprised, but not all that surprised. I know there will be lots of analyzing about the gay thing, the religious thing, but I think a big reason is....Kris is from the South. It's like Taylor Hicks vs. Kat McPhee. Californians could give a crap. Southerners VOTE.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Did you see him perform with Queen? You're right I like Adam.
    That was for IcePik.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Same here...yeah, I was surprised, but not all that surprised. I know there will be lots of analyzing about the gay thing, the religious thing, but I think a big reason is....Kris is from the South. It's like Taylor Hicks vs. Kat McPhee. Californians could give a crap. Southerners VOTE.
    IF that were true... how did Adam get as far as he did? By that logic, Adam would have been voted off WEEKS ago.

Does anyone vote because of the singing, lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    IF that were true... how did Adam get as far as he did? By that logic, Adam would have been voted off WEEKS ago.
    Ummmm....talent?

Just sayin'...the majority of Idol winners have been from the South.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Ummmm....talent?

Just sayin'...the majority of Idol winners have been from the South.
    Does that matter...really?

Oh...and sure Adam has talent. I'm not going to dispute that. But, again, dude needs to be SEEN and HEARD. His voice alone can't carry him....especially that screeching.

He'd do great in a glam rock heavy metal band.

It does if they are Christians.

It does if they are Christians.
    So, you're saying he got this far because he has talent... but lost because he's not from the south (and or gay)...

Up until this point, his being gay...or not from the south... was a non-issue - OBVIOUSLY - or he would have never got this far...BUT, now that he wasn't crown the winner... it's because he's not southern and/or gay....

Hate to bring NoDay into this little scuffle but it was she who suggested that Gokey's christian backers had switched to Kris because christians like to stick together and support each other.So, obviously, these same people wouldn't be thrilled with a gay winner.

Take it anyway you like, IcePik.

Thread Information