Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

I thought last night's show was dull. They sang all weepy songs and there was zero excitement. Kara is awful. I also hate how she pronounces her words and that song was the worst. They need to not invite her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    The "Idol Winner Single" has traditionally been really bad, but I think this year's was the absolute worst. I felt sorry for both guys...who could sound decent with that horrible material?
    It's awful, but I will always think that Inside Your Heaven is one of the worst songs ever written in the history of planet Earth.

David Cook's song last year was the first one that didn't make me cringe.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^Yeah I loved that song, he even managed to make the 'magic rainbow' line sound sexy haha.

I would've thought this was totally against the AI rules, but here is Adam's brother trying to get votes. His 'user title' under a picture of Adam is - "Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far." (Exactly.. in other words, he's full of shit.)

Hello GBS. Allow me to introduce myself: I’ve been a member of SA for 10 years as ‘Thrillkiller’, aka negativeneil, aka Neil Lambert.

Recently, I’ve been hanging out a lot in TVIV because my brother, Adam Lambert, has been doing ridiculously well on American Idol.

Yes, I know the show sucks. I’m right there with you. In fact, AI represents a lot of the problems with mainstream music culture.

But here is where I am enlisting the help of GBS. Against all odds, Adam has been subtly trolling America by wearing ridiculous clothes and singing bizarre renditions of popular songs. Frankly, I think he’s thoroughly freaking out middle America. (That’s him butchering the Star-Spangled Banner wearing a codpiece, btw).

And, with your help, he can succeed in his mission! He’s up against the ‘safe’ choice. The guy is talented and nice and not scary and weird. Adam is talented and weird. I want someone like that to win just to see people lose their poo poo. Also, I love my brother and want him to sing.

If you share this goal, which I hope you do, please vote for my brother. If it’s any consolation, I’ve been emailing him photoshops from here for years, though his favorite GBS masterpiece is when some goon replaced the soundtrack for Equilibrium with Scatman. Yeah, ok so I’m transparently trying to give him SA street cred, but it’s true.

Anyways, the show’s on at 8pm PST and voting starts at 9pm PST. You can vote as many times as you like and there are no hidden charges. It’s just a normal phonecall, which means if you have free nights/weekends like I do, you’re fine.

Adam’s voting numbers are (any of these numbers work, so if you get a busy signal for one of them, you can try another):

1-866-436-5701
    1-866-436-5703
    1-866-436-5705

Or, if you’re an AT&T customer, you can text “vote” to 5701

So please, if you have any appreciation for loving with the status quo, vote for Adam!

Edit: yes, Adam is gay. yes, Adam wears makeup and crazy clothes. That's precisely the point, GBS. It's a collaborated freak out.
    Vote for my brother on American Idol and freak out Middle America!! - The Something Awful Forums

and here he talks about Adam having alot of people knocking at his door already and being glad Adam won't have to lose to someone as lame as Gokey.

American Idol FINALE WEEK: Ding Dong! Throat Olympics! - The Something Awful Forums

Which i agree.... so whoever wins, i shall be pleased. I'd be nervous if it was Kris/Danny or Adam/Danny.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; May 20th, 2009 at 07:17 PM.

When will the result be announced? I'm in the UK so I have no idea, lol
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    When will the result be announced? I'm in the UK so I have no idea, lol
    Within the next 2 hours!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Within the next 2 hours!
    Oh, I think I'll be safely sleeping by then, it's half one in the morning here, haha
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

You gotta give Kara props for that! The singing was a surprise and the bikini even more so. Geez!

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    You gotta give Kara props for that! The singing was a surprise and the bikini even more so. Geez!
    Wow! She was better than I thought on both counts! Good to get money for her charity.

And no fake tan on her!
    OMG! Allison got to sing Cindi Lauper! You know she is thrilled!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Oh I knew she was a good singer, but it still takes guts to get on that stage with so many people watching live and from home. But I never would have expected her to open the dress ... very funny. Definitely shows her fiesty attitude.

So far I've enjoyed Kris and Keith Urban and now Allison and Cyndi Lauper ... the rest don't sound so good!

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    Oh I knew she was a good singer, but it still takes guts to get on that stage with so many people watching live and from home. But I never would have expected her to open the dress ... very funny. Definitely shows her fiesty attitude.

So far I've enjoyed Kris and Keith Urban and now Allison and Cyndi Lauper ... the rest don't sound so good!
    What! You didn't like Lional Ritchie?

Yes, they were good (not as good as the others though). I think I typed that before or as they were performing

It mainly gets rough when you throw in too many voices, like the girls singing with Fergie.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! Great!!!

At least he was entertaining tonight - I'll give him that.

I didn't know what the heck he was wearing at first but then he looks tame next to the others haha.

Go Adam!!!!!!!!!

What I like: everyone is having such a great time.

Thread Information