Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

The "Idol Winner Single" has traditionally been really bad, but I think this year's was the absolute worst. I felt sorry for both guys...who could sound decent with that horrible material?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm only half way through the show, but why the hell does Katie Holmes have a toddler in the audience at AI???? The kid looks scared and Katie is covering her ears.

And I'm sure it's already been said, but Kris reminds me of Freddie Prinze jr.

I thought they both did pretty good,but Kris dropped that second song. Its going to be OK either way,I think.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Adam oversings, way too much screaming, it's so distracting. I wish he would tone it down. I would never buy his album because it would way too over the top.

And these last songs are co-written by Kara? Jesus, they suck ass!

DialIdol shows Kris Allen as the winner.

Did anyone stick around after Idol to watch Glee?

I loved it, already downloaded the 2 songs they had on iTunes.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I can't wait til he officially comes out. I'm tired of the Lambertards I work with who don't think he's gay. Not until 'he says so himself' they say. They're not even convinced by the Whole Lotta Love lyric change. But this will also be a huge step for AI who shoves everyone in the closet. Adam at least has no plans to stay in there.

How's Simon, he reckons Adam wouldn't have got this far if he was still his natural hair color -reddish blonde. Ha! But I thought it was about talent? He thinks the black hair is some huge advantage.
    Are we talking about full grown adults here? Aw, please, Dita. I only through this affected tweens. Are people so in denial are or they just reatrds?

Looks are a must. The image is part of the whole package of a checklist of aspects a performer needs to have in top condition, and most of the time, unfortunately, it's more "important" than taelent itself (though I have to give props to AI for considering image, but prioritizing talent).

^I agree. I just find it funny that for women, it's blonde hair to get ahead, and for men, it's dark! haha. But the dark hair definitely puts Adam over the edge. Elvis didn't have naturally black hair either. Like Adam, he was a redhead with blue eyes and dark hair makes blue eyes seriously pop! Plus it's a rare combination, naturally. The Elvis similarities got me thinking that Katy Perrys cape the other night was a reference to it. She said she was wearing an Elvis-style outfit but in her own way. The song is about Vegas, Elvis is Vegas, the cape is Elvis, having the 'next Elvis' (as Adam has been called more than once) name on the cape. See now
    it's actually clever, not tacky.
    Putting the idea this way, it doesn't sound so bad, but clever doesnt't go with Katy, so it had to be someone else's idea, if it's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    It's definitely his brother Neil. That same pic has been splashed over various Adam fansites for awhile now.
    I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just saying he definitinely doesn't appear to have have Neil's features. It's fun to see Adam with his friends in the other pics (as a few clearly detactable boyfriends): it's also easy to see how a guy is gay when he's not closeted and just being himself around his girlfriends. I don't know how to put my finger on it, but I have a bunch of pictures with over a dozen gay friends, had already analyzed them, and Adam has the same "thing" going on with his face... I don't know, they just look... gayer.

Befor singing "What's Up"?, on his co-star on Wicked: "She's wonderful, she's appearing in Wicked right now. I got to kiss those lips, and ALTHOUGH IT'S NOT NECESSARILY MY PREFERENCE *audience laughs, old gay couple included*, it was really nice, it was really nice, and a pleasure to sing with her too. " (proceeds to sing Four Non Blondes in a much more feminine was tha the lead vocalist)

I can't believe people are still in denial. WTF is wrong with being gay? Hi... sorry, "conservative" (can't sound pejorative) America and their fašade of a perfectly happy family according to the institutionanalized most can't except it? I forgot that this is a "family-oriented show".

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    ^ Now I wonder if TPTB are pushing Kris too? The judges complimented him a lot tonight for having drooled over Adam all season. I think Kris did well but I was suspicious of their praise.

The top 10 are pretty much forced to take Idol's contract (or not take any other contract for a period of time) so maybe they want to have Kris be the PC, family friendly winner but still capitolize on Adam's appeal by signing him as well?

Neither sounded good singing the last song ... I'd be interested to see how it sounds with a female singing.
    I honestly see Adam winning, the judges have made it pretty clear and all the "Adam in the bottom whatever", and juggling and eliminating contestants more talented than Kris was manipulative and unfair to everyone. To Kris's advantage, he grew onto people, but he is definitely in another level... nowhere near as high as Lambert. That's not even an opinion, it's fact. They can't afford to lose the one man they can pimp for longer.

Also, Adam has proven himself extremely intelligent and the beholder of an amazingly strong personality over course of the show, so, if he had the nerve to confront Idols homophobia using any means he could and made it as far as the final and maybe even be the next American Idol, I don't see his crystalizing into something boring and limited AI-dicated: he'll find a way of going around to make changes here and there until he destorts to the point of morphing, will not settle for a passive position, and will do everything in his power to have great influence in the creative process, as well as knowing how to chose who to work with. The man knows how to play, and I believe we'll still be seeing him for a very long time.

BTW, I opened the intranet homepage at work today and there was a huge banner on AI speaking about the company's efforts and results on Idol Gives Back, and a link to an article and Carrie Underwood's video and Angola. A monster company with multi-billionaire quarterly throwing dimes for social causes in countries they operate in, financing Underwood's trip and having Idol vehicle it worldwide. How sweet. S2 (I'm on bitch mode right now, of course something good came out of that, but they can always do better and I bet the publicity ends up returning them a lot more than what they donated... both to AI and EM).

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Concerts

Hey, is anybody going to the Idols' summer tour this year?

^ I'm going to the show in Dallas

i'm sooooooooo sick of the judges humping Adams leg. If i was Kris, i'd be pissed about it. I'm sure he'll be fine, but its gotta be really defeating for him to hear all of the outrageous praise for Adam.

and have i mentioned that i hate Kara?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

OH MY GOD Kara is annoying. I liked her in the beginning but now she's just irritating.

I don't have much else to say except that I love Kris and absolutely will buy his album. He reminds me a little of Jack Johnson, just in his sort of laid-back style and his voice. I absolutely adore Jack Johnson so that's a good thing.

I still love Adam's "Mad World" but didn't like his other two songs. Too much yelling. He could've done a way better job with A Change is Gonna Come. It could've been really emotional.

And that No Boundaries song sucks ass. Doesn't matter who's singing it.

^Oh ok, I am bad at spotting things like that, so I'd really have no clue.
    When i first saw that picture I actually thought it was James Franco
    Did I hear James Franco??? I don't think we've had any Franco in this thread yet. I'm not sure how that got by me. I must be slipping.

"We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    ^ I'm going to the show in Dallas
    COOL!!! I have a coworker and friend from Texas who every now and then shows up at the office in Brazil who will definitely be joining you (mind you, she's in her 50s, lol). I'm going in LA. Can't believe it!!! I had my vacation set at work for July '09 since it'll be winter break from the uni as well here ever since last year in order to visit a good friend, and the dates coincided. He's making an effort to get me the best seats possible, so I'm a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    and have i mentioned that i hate Kara?
    I hate her nose job even more.

Anyone got pics of Kara's nose job? I'm in the UK so haven't seen the show for a week, lol
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

When did she have a nose job? If it was within the past week, I must not have been paying attention last night!

And I know she did an interview recently and said people have told her to "shave this, get that cut and you'll go further" etc. but she hasn't. Who knows though.

I hate her nose and i hate the way she pronounces words. Pathetic and over the top.

Idol had its lowest rating show in the whole season for the finale. Shocking.

I thought both were forgettable. It just wasn't a GREAT show, in my opinion. There's been better shows this season. And Kara's song--- OH! There's good enough reason to lose. Not be stuck with that shit!

I think Kris may just take this thing... but whoever it is, I think it'll be really close.

Thread Information