Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Dang it,Msdeb!! I am always supportive of your men!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

and you are the only one! i can always count on you!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    and you are the only one! i can always count on you!
    Um-I like ADAM.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

LOL i support you. (now i see how hard it is to support me!)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

"American Idol" finalist Adam Lambert wasn't coy about his love life when he and other "AI" contestants got together the other night at Burbank's Outback Steakhouse. Lambert called the dude with him "my boyfriend," says a spy. Also looking cozy at the dinner: Anoop Desai and Megan Joy Corkrey, who sources say are an item.
    Anoop and Megan??!! Wow, smoking hot couple!
    And of course idiots are still denying Adam's gay by saying 'Boyfriend means friend. Just like girls call each other 'girlfriend'.

Side Dish: 'American Idol's' Adam Lambert goes to Outback with his 'boyfriend'

Whoever is saying boyfriend is just means friend is a dumbass who needs to wake up! Adam is fucking awesome and can sing his ass off. I hope he wins! Even if he doesn't, he will still get a record deal for sure.
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

I think he'll win, but I haven't ruled kris out yet. Not after seeing his hometown video. That crowd was MASSIVE. Adam's was pathetic, but to be fair, he doesn't live in San Diego, and probably wasn't well known there like he is in LA. Plus Kris is the guy who is impossible to hate. I'd go see him too if I lived there. Plus, Ryan said a million votes separated the last 2 ; Danny and Adam. That makes me think Kris was ahead.

Did anyone catch the poor girl running after Gokey's limo? And he laughed! That was hilarious.

When is the finale? I haven't been watching Idol much this season, but there's so much buzz about adam, and I youtube'd a few of his performances, and I was in awe of his vocal-range. Danny I saw him early on in the auditions and liked him as well. When did the smug attitude start? Kris, well I haven't heard him sing or seen him perform for that matter. Once I saw Adam's performances, I just knew it was a wrap for the others lol!
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i like David Archuleta's voice, but as an interview, he's a clown. he doesnt know how to handle himself when being interviewed, he giggles, and rambles, and generally looks uncomfortable.
    YMMV obviously, but this is exactly what appeals to me about David. He's refreshingly honest, totally unscripted, absolutely adorable and his awkward quips are memorable. He's the first one to admit he's better at singing than verbally communicating. Given how shy he is and his sheltered upbringing, I'm willing to give him a break because he's just so sweet and talented regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieCat View Post
    When is the finale?
    AllieCat, the top 2 perform 3 songs tomorrow night (Tuesday) and then the finale to name the winner is set for Wednesday night.

It's funny how this season the contestants are just saying who they want to win. Everyone, besides Allison, Lil and Scott, apparently, want Kris to win. They're not doing the 'We don't care who wins, we like them both' thing. Probably don't want to put up with Adam's grand canyon sized ego on tour if he is the winner. The fact that reporter wrote that the idols weren't thrilled for him is very telling. It'll be interesting to see everyone's reaction at the finale. Not expecting to see any eye rolling though - i'm sure they'll at least pretend to be happy for him. It's the same sickening scene every season, right? Everyone hugging the winner and acting like one big happy family! I'td be hilarious if someone goes 'Oh! We could have done this three months ago'.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; May 18th, 2009 at 08:33 AM.

Could be,they realize they are out talented. He is in a different league. Doesn't matter,win lose or draw-Adam will be the long term survivor.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    Probably don't want to put up with Adam's grand canyon sized ego on tour if he is the winner. The fact that reporter wrote that the idols weren't thrilled for him is very telling.
    Huge ego from Adam??? That's the first time I've heard that. Do you have the link to the reporter's article? I've heard that the contestants thought DANNY had a huge ego, but I have yet to hear that about Adam. As a matter of fact, all I've been hearing is how sweet he is and not only from the contestants, but those who have been fortunate enough to have met him. I think he's come off a genuinely kind, humble and appreciative throughout the show.

I posted the link a few pages back. I agree that he comes across as humble but this is the same guy who said he was skilled at 'bullshitting'. I'm not so naive to believe the little bit we see of Adam on the show is the REAL Adam. Also, it's not hard to meet people and be nice - hell i do it every day, doesn't mean I like them or enjoy it haha. I just think he's gotta have some ego; he apparently had one in highschool, so unless he's had some life changing experience and became less full of himself as a result, it's still there. I know a guy like him - everyone thinks hes fantastic but he's a catty bitch! And I've read the same about Adam at various places where people who know him and don't like him have posted. of course it mightn't be true! who the hell knows.

I was just listening to both Adam and Kris songs and Kris' voice is definitely more bearable for more than 2 songs. ADAM CAN SING but the screeching in every song becomes torture. He outdoes Kris BY FAR performance-wise, but Kris could easily put out a better album. Not that it matters, but I was listening to Adam's 'Whole Lotta Love' and I swear to the heavens he says 'I'm gonna give him every inch of my love'. It's at 1:50 in the studio recording of the song. Unless I'm hearing things but I've replayed it 100 times to make sure, haha. Very brave of him! Thats one of the sexiest songs ever and he managed to make it sexier. I don't know why I find that so hot, but it is! And of course he got rid of 'Shake for me girl'. Just says 'Shake for me'.

Elite Member

Default re

Also, it's not hard to meet people and be nice - hell i do it every day, doesn't mean I like them or enjoy it haha. I just think he's gotta have some ego; he apparently had one in highschool, so unless he's had some life changing experience and became less full of himself as a result, it's still there.
    Most people improve greatly after high school. Myself included. It's kind of the peak of obnoxiousness for most people. Adam was a big--or at least very noticeable--fish in a small pond. Several years later, as would-be professional entertainer living in the ultimate big pond, I would imagine he would be less full of himself.

Allison clearly loves him--but the fact that Kris obviously likes him a great deal, and vice versa is something that I take as a sign in his favor.

With that said, yeah, it's possible that he's not that nice a guy.

But after watching Danny stage-hog in his duet with Kris, and Adam and Allison share the stage in theirs, I have got to give Adam credit for at least being able to play nice.

I love me some Kris (as you all know, hehe), Adam rubs me the wrong way. I can admit his voice is AMAZING, but I don't like his constant vocal aerobatics.

Doesn't help I've got a huge crush on Mr Allen.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Thread Information