Page 83 of 101 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

My boss asked me today about American Idol, having never watched a single episode in her life until Wednesday. She asked who the creepy looking, black haired guy was that couldn't sing..... and wanted to know why the cute kid with the glasses got kicked off before the creepy one...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    My boss asked me today about American Idol, having never watched a single episode in her life until Wednesday. She asked who the creepy looking, black haired guy was that couldn't sing..... and wanted to know why the cute kid with the glasses got kicked off before the creepy one...LOL
    She thought Danny was cute??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Early comments from some GR posters re: Danny-

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Early prediction: The guy that had the story of his young wife dying (who also looked a hellava lot like Robert Downey Jr ) is going to make the top 10
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    I liked him
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    ^^^ I liked that guy, too, he does look like RDJ and has a nice voice.I liked the cute black guy toward the end of the show who talked about his adorable little daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    ^ Yeah, Tatiana is crazy as hell. She's trying to tone it down, but you know the crazy is going to surface sooner or later.

Danny is by far my favorite- he is humble, has likeability and can really sing. I hope he makes it to at least the final 3. I think he deserves it and he has major talent.

^^I thought he was cute at first and I liked him a lot. He just started to grate on my nerves after a while. And then I discovered Kris and there was no turning back...sigh. We need a sighing, moony-eyed, love-struck emoticon.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

I thought Danny looked hot on semi-final night. Me and my housemates were talking about how good all the finalists' make-up was.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    I'm just glad it's a Kris v Adam finale. We don't have to see that smug Danny anymore. He should've left before Allison.
    He should've left before Alexis.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    She thought Danny was cute??
    I took it to mean in a "cutesy" way, since she's in her mid 50's.

I think Danny's a good looking guy. But then again, I think Kris and Adam are, too. I am partial to Adam's looks, especially since he's face is a spitting image of the first guy I had a serious relationship with.

I really liked Danny initially, but he started to bother me when his smug attitude took over. I still enjoyed the voice, just not his personality.

I really liked Adam's look at the start, pretty sure I would have been saying that at the start of the thread somewhere. He got uglier for me as the season went on. I guess AI made him tone down the makeup, and he is better looking with the eyeliner and all. But his brother, who is usually in the audience, IS gorgeous. I look forward to seeing him! I'm gonna miss that!

Kris is just cute. No sex appeal though, he's like David Archuleta.

I wonder who the celebrities at the finale will be. I heard a David Bowie rumor - hope it's true!

Elite Member

Kris is David Archuleta in about 5 years - in looks, sound and personality!

I can't wait to see Adam really come out when he wins this whole thing in three days. The talk show circuit is gonna be mad crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I wonder who the celebrities at the finale will be. I heard a David Bowie rumor - hope it's true!
    Apparently Bowie fell through (see link - SPOILERS INSIDE)

Finale Information/Spoilers // Joe’s Place Blog
    Last edited by Elisa; May 17th, 2009 at 11:38 AM.

Personally I think Kris is way more talented than Archie ... he's more of an artist as opposed to a singer, with the way he arranges songs and really infuses his own style into songs. Besides, he sounds good live and Archie sounded pretty bad when he was on this season.

Not sure what you mean by "come out" but I don't think he'll be very different from how he is now. I'm sure he's not allowed to "come out" based on the Idol contract, unless he plans to lose that right away.

I read a comment from someone, somewhere - was it here? - that Danny was like the kid in class who would raise his hand to remind his teacher that she forgot to assign them homework. It made me laugh because thats a perfect explanation.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

My break from GR lasted a full... week. On this side of the world the elimination will only air tonight. I had a bunch of comments to make based on what I read and on what my coworkers (mind you all MEN) were commenting about AI on our lunchbreaks because they'd already downloaded the episodes (I'm responsible for contaminating them with AI addiction, but am not guilty of downloading anything because I go to Law school in the evening, therefore only have time for a shower and a meal before crashing on my bed), but that is virtually impossible (lucky everybody, hehehe). The only thing I got a chance to see was Katy Perry. She sucks and I hate her. She sucked up to Adam not because she's his friend, but because they have common friends. He's the one I'm rooting for, but all the ass kissing only makes him look bad, no matter what the fashion he reacts to it is. That's why I've been saying from the beginning: never blame the contestants, blame the ball lickers and butt smoochers. I'm not even blaming Danny for his smug attitude towards the end.

I got to see the performances last night on TV, however, and I have to say I was impressed with all 3, because it was the first time I actually saw them make an effort comparable to previous seasons to actually compete, and liked all performances (hell, I even liked Gokey). I don't know, they seemed more... human. I was also very proud to see the company I work for helping Idol Gives Back in Angola. Internally we have a view of how difficult it is to operate there due to the country's social situation, and, even though the company itself deep down is a money-making machine, the employees who operate that machine make an extra effort daily in order to make the company values reflect on society as much as we can globally. Kudos to EM!!! Summing it all up: my favorite episode of the season.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    Besides, he sounds good live and Archie sounded pretty bad when he was on this season.
    I will give you that and Archie would agree wholeheartedly too. He admitted as much when he Twittered the following on April 23rd. He thought he 'sucked' too: "Wow... pretty embarrassed about tonight's performance... lol. It was good to see all the American Idol staff though!

Then he next day, obviously still embarrassed about it: "Sorry for those who had to listen to that excruciatingly unpleasant performance last night haha... I'll make sure that doesn't happen again!" He was coming off of a terrible cold literally having just flown back from Asia so hard to hold it against him...and, of course, he'd never mention that as an excuse.

Also, in his defense, I think this kid is flat out exhausted. He hasn't had a break since the last finale between the media curcuit afterwards, AI tour, album writing/recording, Jingle Balls, various appearances, his own tour, then touring with McFly in Europe, recent flights to Asia, etc. I think they're pushing him too hard and he's too nice to cause any waves.
    Last edited by Elisa; May 17th, 2009 at 03:19 PM.

^ His dad probably doesn't help.

I just don't see Kris and Archie being very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    Personally I think Kris is way more talented than Archie ... he's more of an artist as opposed to a singer, with the way he arranges songs and really infuses his own style into songs. Besides, he sounds good live and Archie sounded pretty bad when he was on this season.
    i like David Archuleta's voice, but as an interview, he's a clown. he doesnt know how to handle himself when being interviewed, he giggles, and rambles, and generally looks uncomfortable. Where Kris, he looks so at home on TV. i personally hope he wins. I'm notttt a fan of Adam at all. AT ALL.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information