Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Yeah, she was a real sourpuss after, while everyone else was making an effort to be cheerful. I really think she was shocked that America didn't love her as much as she loves herself. I'm just so pissed that Michael made it. When he was singing his song tonight it just reinforced how terrible he is and how badly America messed up by pushing him through. My husband was passing by when he was singing and he was like "ugh, what is that?"

Icepik, I don't know about the wild card thing either. I know that the people who were eliminated could still be chosen as "wild cards" but I don't know how many will still proceed or how that happens.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

i didnt care for Michael at all. i enjoyed 'Anoop Dog' and was kind of surprised.

i got this off the AI website
    On Thursday, March 5 8/7c, the special "Wild Card" episode will feature the judges' favorite remaining contestants battling it out live for a coveted spot in the next phase of the competition.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thanks, I just saw on another site that the wild cards will be picked by the judges, and the judges will be the ones who ultimately decide who makes it as well. Hmmm....I wonder if there will be twelve again, and if so if there is four from each group or just random selection of favorites. I have a sinking feeling that Tatiana will be back. I am pretty sure Anoop will make it through as a wild card (crossing fingers). You know, dammit, I really wish Jackie could have given a good performance. Theres something about her I just like. I doubt that she'll be back though.

I think I read a rumor somewhere that the judges will be able to pick anyone from the 50-something that they had to narrow down to the 36. I'm secretly hoping that it's true so that Danny Gokey's friend can come back and go through.

that was Jamar, and i was surprised that he didnt make it through. but i'm sure its all for the ratings.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

The only one that has been great so far is Danny Gokey. I think what's-his-face the guy with the black hair who did musical theatre will go on through too, is it Adam?

But what a boring episode! 40 minutes to decide three spots. Horrible when they did I'm yours, it really doesn't sound good when three people sing the same thing. And what on earth did Carly and Michael from last season do there?

I agree about "I'm Yours." I really like that song but they butchered it

The group number was atrocious.Good seeing Michael Johns

Yeah,that's the wild card thing.Hopefully Jamar and Anoop get in.

Danny annoys me with the glasses.*ducks*
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    I agree about "I'm Yours." I really like that song but they butchered it
    I'm obviously in the minority here because I thought the group song was the best I've ever heard on Idol. A few other sites have also stated how much they actually enjoyed it too.

As talented as last year's crop was, they sucked royally on the group songs. This group is much more promising based on that one performance last night.

This was posted on TWOP and explains how the setup is this season:

Once the semifinalists are revealed, they will be grouped into three groups of twelve and Idol will begin three weeks of broadcasts in which twelve semifinalists will perform during two-hour pre-taped Tuesdays at 8PM ET/PT performance episodes and the results of the subsequent home viewer voting will be revealed during live one-hour results shows airing Wednesdays at 8PM ET/PT.

At the conclusion of each results show, the male and female semifinalists who received the highest number of home viewers votes for their previous night's performance will instantly become a Top 12 finalist. In addition, another semifinalist that had received the next-highest number of votes after the performance episode -- regardless of whether he or she is male or female -- will also become a finalist.

Then on Thursday, March 5, Fox will air a special "Wild Card" performance episode in which each semifinalist group's highest remaining votegetter who didn't already automatically advance to the finals will get a second chance to perform along with several additional semifinalists that the judges will select.

After all the "Wild Card" semifinalists perform, the judges -- not the show's home viewers -- will immediately select three of them to complete the season's twelve finalists.

American Idol's eighth-season Top 12 finalists will then take the stage for the first time on Tuesday, March 10, with one finalist's journey coming to an end the following night.

------------------------------

It kind of sucks because following this line of thought, its possible that Anoop was in the Top 3, but couldn't get through because it was three males in succession. As in, the top three being Danny, Michael, Anoop. This wouldn't surprise me since they said that the difference between Michael and Anoop was only 20,000 votes. So Alexis may have made it through, even if she was number 5 or whatever (because she was the top female). It doesn't seem exactly right to me.

If this is true though, Anoop would be the highest vote-getter within the remaining finalists and be assured a spot in the Wild Card episode. If I'm reading this correctly, the highest vote-getter from each group of twelve that didn't go through automatically gets a chance, along with some others that are randomly selected by the judges to perform again. Then the judges pick the final three to go through, not the audience.

So sorry, if I'm reading this correctly, no hope for Jamar or Leneshe coming back, it looks like they will only be picking from the semifinalists.

I'm not getting the Danny Gokey hype. Not at all. All that inspirational talk 'Spare me!'

Loved Carly and Michael's song.

The blonde guy who got through (I can't even remember his name, thats how memorable he is) was not that good. He looked like he was struggling to sing that song.

There's no one I'm that crazy about yet. Can't wait for Adam, thats all I can say. Even when he was dancing at the end last night, he is sexy!
    Last edited by DitaPage*; February 19th, 2009 at 07:13 PM.

A*O

Is Alexis the pretty blonde chick who sings like Janice Joplin? She's got real talent but I bet she won't last long because she doesn't sound like a vapid twat. I couldn't tell you which of the other girls is which - they all look and sound exactly the same.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

i'm crazy for Lil Rounds. she's the one that is living in a hotel because of a tornado.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Whew, I finally got a chance to watch my recordings of the Tues and Weds shows. Wow, Tatiana is a freaking psychopath. Even when she was trying to rein it in, you could see the crazy threatening to suddenly burst out.

And, yeah, Michael kind of sucked but I don't care because he's SUPER HOT! Sorry, but I have a major thing for him. At least I know he has a name now, other than "Oil Rig Dude". Actually, I think he has a lot of potential, he just didn't show it on Tues.

I also don't really get the Danny Gokey thing. He doesn't do anything for me, voice-wise. He can sing but it's not my style. I have high hopes for Adam, though.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Basically I hate anyone the judges give a tongue bath to. I automatically root for the underdog, but I like Adam, so I'm dreading the praise he'll be getting. I also can't wait to see how closeted Seacrest acts around openly gay Adam. Just curious to see if Seacrest can carry on the straight act in the presence of such hotness.

Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread Information