Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

You could tell Adam was very fond of Allison. Protective,too. Actually,so was Danny, I think-that one shot of him when she was singing,he was just beaming at her song. I did not want her to go either.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

She did great though, top 4 is amazing. They'll all be back on stage in 2 weeks or so anyway for the finale. Leaving close to the end isn't that big a deal, in my opinion. She's totally going to get a record deal.

Elite Member

Default re

Yes, she'll be fine. But it means (to me) the rest of the show will be boring and not really worth watching. I love Adam and I like Kris very much, but there's not a lot of suspense left at this point. I don't think either Danny or Kris will pull off any surprises, but with Allison there was always the possibility that she would really blow you away with a performance.

I don't get Kris's popularity. Yeah, he's cute but his performances are bland and so is his personality. Allison, on the other hand, can sing, has a personality and has spunk.No way shouldshe have left. I can't believe Kris is still around.

Did I imagine it or did she snub Simon in her final performance?He was looking pretty stern and I didn't see her hug him the way she did the other judges.

Well, crap. I knew once Kris was safe, it was Allison's last night...but I still hoped for a shocking Daughtry-style elimination.

Oh well, at least she went out on a good note. Awesome sing out.

And I didn't think Danny was "beaming" at her sing out, looked more like a "I'm still here and you're not" smirk to me. And his whole speech about laughing over his horrid 'Dream On' performance was soooo phony.

Hate hate hate him.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Paula's performance...yikes. Girlfriend needs to just stick to choreography.

Daughtry...Hotness & sounded great! I think him not winning was better than him winning. This way he has more control over what he does & how he wants to do it.

No Doubt...the band sounded good, but Gwen made my ears bleed. I couldn't believe how terrible she sounded. Huge disappointment.

I cried when Allison went home. I was hoping it would be Kris (sorry all you Kris lovers). In reality, it doesn't really matter, b/c we all know Adam will win & everyone else is running for 2nd. Personally, I think it will be better for Adam to not win so that he will have more creative control.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Well, crap. I knew once Kris was safe, it was Allison's last night...but I still hoped for a shocking Daughtry-style elimination.

Oh well, at least she went out on a good note. Awesome sing out.

And I didn't think Danny was "beaming" at her sing out, looked more like a "I'm still here and you're not" smirk to me. And his whole speech about laughing over his horrid 'Dream On' performance was soooo phony.

Hate hate hate him.
    I though he was pretty funny about his goof. I really didn't see a trace of a smirk-Allison really was so great,he seemed just proud of her.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I think Gokey is a smug prick... but I also think he genuinely liked Allison and that smile looked like pride to me too. And I didn't mind his little speech about the scream I too agree he could be in horror movies!

Did I imagine it or did she snub Simon in her final performance?He was looking pretty stern and I didn't see her hug him the way she did the other judges.
    He was never really that nice to her, ever. Even in the audition he said something like 'it's a 6 out of 10, you're only just making it through, you're going to have to work hard in Hollywood'. I also thought it was really rude how he said 'Just beg' when she was talking back. I also hated how he had to mention Adam in everyone's critique. Christ, they're not deaf and stupid - they know he's fucking electrifying and they're boring as hell in comparison. Kris and Danny were like fish out of water in rock week. It was almost embarrassing. Did anyone catch Kara's comment 'You're trying too hard, You two are the guys that help little old ladies across the road' haha, something like that. I can't stand her, and that comment didn't help. It was so rude! What the hell were they supposed to do? It was rock and lets face it, VERY FEW people can pull it off.

The only good thing about a Danny/Adam finale is watching Danny lose.

Still hate hate hate him.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

Default re

He was never really that nice to her, ever. Even in the audition he said something like 'it's a 6 out of 10, you're only just making it through, you're going to have to work hard in Hollywood'. I also thought it was really rude how he said 'Just beg' when she was talking back.
    His attitude toward Allison really mystified me, not just because she's so good, but because she made the competition more interesting by being there. Now it's one electrifying performer vs two rather bland guys. Yeah, that's gonna be a nail biter. As a producer type and someone who seems focused on showmanship, I don't know Simon didn't grasp that.

Well Simon apparently said off camera after Allison's elimination that he only cares about Adam.. and being right about the Gokey/Adam finale. It's pretty obvious he doesn't like anyone else.

You're right, it's a boring, predictable final, but Simon couldn't care less. He's not focused on shit, just money.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Still hate hate hate him.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. He sux ass.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by politesse View Post
    I don't get Kris's popularity. Yeah, he's cute but his performances are bland and so is his personality. Allison, on the other hand, can sing, has a personality and has spunk.No way shouldshe have left. I can't believe Kris is still around.

ITA^^ I thought he was out for sure. He is cute but it took until this week for him to firmly plant in my mind who he was. I was sure he was going. They really want Adam to win.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    His attitude toward Allison really mystified me, not just because she's so good, but because she made the competition more interesting by being there. Now it's one electrifying performer vs two rather bland guys. Yeah, that's gonna be a nail biter. As a producer type and someone who seems focused on showmanship, I don't know Simon didn't grasp that.
    ITA. While I liked everybody in the top 4, I realized last night that Allison is the only one I have any desire to buy music from at this point, and I did download a couple of her songs from itunes last night.

I'm not a Gokey hater, but I learned my lesson with Taylor Hicks. Just because someone's likeable and a pretty good singer doesn't mean they should win. Someone who can be a *star* should win. And while I like his performances, Gokey is no star. Neither is Kris, for that matter.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

just heard on the news that Adam is coming here (well, San Diego) for his hometown deal. i'll stay indoors.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information