Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Danny and Allison were safe, and Matt and Kris were in the bottom.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    You know what I don't get is that "save" thing they used on Matt.
    If it was because Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson got sacked in the top five why did they have to use it so early?

I mean now they can't save Adam or anyone else. And they didn't seem to be to upset that their boy Adam was in the bottom 3 so I'm thinking they did know it was all for show. Even Adam didn't look upset.

What a crock.

I thought Adam looked nervous. And the face he did when he was safe? Well if that wasn't genuine relief, he is a great actor.
    Matt's face was cracking me up though. Once Kris was sent back to safety, and it came down to Adam it was like 'Well I'm fucked..... do we really need any more suspense?'.

People are saying it's Kris' week to go this week. NOOO. I know he probably has no chance of winning, but still, NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I think at this stage of the game, the winner doesn't really matter. I am sure Allison and Kris are going to be offered record deals. So, I'm not to concerned with who wins this. It just burns my ass that I have to sit through so much ass licking.

I used to really like Gokey, and although I still like his voice, I don't like him. I can't stand the shrill and shrieking of Adam, but like him. I know, it's weird.

I like Kris because he's really the underdog in all this. He's the only one that was in the top 10 (I think top 13, too, maybe more) that wasn't featured way back when this session first started. Whereas everyone else had the opportunity to tell their life stories, get to show the viewers their personalities and showcase their abilities, he wasn't. I remember when I saw him during "hollywood week" and thought, "Who the hell is that guy??"
    This is exactly why I didn't feel like watching the show last season and also the same reason why I began watching this season again only when the final 8 were still standing: I was dying to slam Adam (never thought I'd end up actually liking him) and see to what level the ass licking had gotten. Of course Gokey and Lambert as the most popular do get most of it, but every single one of them get their share and I don't hate the contestants for it: it makes me hate the judges more and more for not actually providing the proper criticism as they used to, and eating their time away instead, just blabbing on completely unnecessary and exagerated compliments, which only come down to embarrassing butt smooching. However, I do still see Gokey as the one with the most massive ego and, even though Adam does get his fair share of ego-inflating ass licking, it is still the forementioned boring-ass Gokey who gets his weekly dose of prostate tongue massage from the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post

People are saying it's Kris' week to go this week. NOOO. I know he probably has no chance of winning, but still, NOOOOOOOOOOO!
    as much as i like Kris, this week is rock, and if he pulls it off, then it'll be awesome! i'm sooo not looking forward to Adams screeching out a rock song.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Fuck, Adam is already being pimped for this week... by Slash. He said 'He can sing his ass off'. He didn't mention anyone else.

I can't see Kris pulling off a rock song

Elite Member

Adam will still win. What happened last week was about complacency and vote splitting. Adam's fans will now ensure that doesn't happen again.

He can win. He'll be stuck in a shitty AI contract and be boring as hell as an arti$t. Fun, fun, fun.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ yep like David A who keeps singing bubble gum songs for the little girls..... he's no Hannah Montana he's young but he has a mature voice. I hate the crap he keeps putting out. I'm not loving David C's music either.

there's a thing on TMZ that David Cooks brother died. i'm too lazy to make, or look for, a thread.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^A thread was started in the gossip section. So sad

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach
    yep like David A who keeps singing bubble gum songs for the little girls..... he's no Hannah Montana he's young but he has a mature voice. I hate the crap he keeps putting out. I'm not loving David C's music either.
    Exactly. He does so much better with ballads, he needs to go in a more Josh Groban direction than the Jonas Brothers. I just get the impression that he's trying to be something he's not, which is fine if you can pull it off, but he can't.

In other Idull news, Stevie Nicks wants Megan Joy to play her in a biopic. I think it could work. She fits.

IF Megan can actually do some dancing besides that silly wiggle.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Covering that full arm tat will probably be a challenge too. Maybe she'll wear long sleeves the whole movie.

Daughtry and No Doubt are performing on this week's results show. I'm excited about the latter.

There's a 20 page thread on an AI board about the Danny/Allison food fight. My god... it was scripted, people! But I kind of agree that it was abit full on - the way they were touching. It would have been funnier if they were all involved. I saw Kris walk away and Adam ran behind him haha. Matt was involved at first - i think he started it when he put his flour hand on Danny's shoulder. That was hilarious. I've actually watched that scene many times now on my recording. The funniest part was when they showed their feet sliding around on the floor.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; May 3rd, 2009 at 08:29 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

DitaPage*; A thread was started in the gossip section. So sad

Exactly. He does so much better with ballads, he needs to go in a more Josh Groban direction than the Jonas Brothers. I just get the impression that he's trying to be something he's not, which is fine if you can pull it off, but he can't.

you nailed it and maybe thats why I'm not feeling the love for his music b/c I can't stand the Jonas Brothers.

In other Idull news, Stevie Nicks wants Megan Joy to play her in a biopic. I think it could work. She fits.

um OK, can she act?

Megan Joy was trying to be a Natasha Bedingfield, at times I almost thought I liked her voice but she never could pull it all together. I hate when people try to sound like someone else, we already have Natasha so why do we need Megan doing a bad job of aping her?

The only time I really liked her voice is during her audition. But it's pretty easy to rehearse 20 seconds of song and nail it. But still, she's not that bad for someone who's apparently had no singing training.

Apparently Adam had connections to Randy before Idol. Randy had some show called best dance crew or something, and Adam recorded We Are the Champions for it. I didn't want to believe he is a plant but looks like he was.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ jaw drop... well! And they got rid of that one chick because she had a relationship with someone on the show.. and yet it's OK to keep Adam? BESIDES isn't Adam already a professional?

Thread Information