Page 70 of 101 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

  1. #1036
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    Hey, who knows. Allison and Danny may have gotten more votes than Adam, which means he's in the bottom three. I loved the results show; the way they made Adam chose the safe group (at least he got on with it and didn't do an Archuleta) and then said he's in the bottom three! At least it was entertaining. My heart fell to my feet haha. So now, when Adam is in the finale they can't go on about him being undefeated because unlike Cook last year, he's now been in the bottom three. He also looked genuinely unhappy to be there, as did Matt.

    But as if Matt really thought he'd be the safe one. He would have been like 'AS IF I'M NOT GOING HOME!'

    I'm glad Kris is safe!
    And I laughed at Allison and Danny's food fight. I kind of liked Danny for a minute. Don't worry Jenny, I still hate him too.

    Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86
    Yep. Just bored and felt like artistically expressing how much I dislike Pokey and Glambert.

    The idea for the last two shops actually came from me joking to my dad as we would watch that I wished a trap door would open and Glambert would just fall through it mid-scream and then for a hook to pull Pokey off stage.
    Me thinks you'll hate the finale.
    I wish Gokey was beside Adam in the bottom tonight and he went home. Oh that'd be awesome. I want a Kris and Adam final, with Kris winning. Adam will be fine without Idol.

  2. #1037
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by politesse View Post
    I disagree.Because of his theatrical background, Adam is capable of becoming anything he wants. Crooner, ballad singer, rocker etc. The guys a chameleon and he has a powerful voice.I basically watch the show to see what he's going to do.The rest of them are totally predictable.Other than Adam, the only other contestant who has any personality and talent is Allison.
    And I'm here to back you up on everything you've said and to disagree on the comments about his lack of singing abilities. Same with Allison.

    I'd disliked Adam's audition to be honest and was making fun of him to my sister (tweenie emo lover); started watching Idol again, episode aired in Brazil on Saturday the same week after I saw the big fuss over Mad World on E! News ready to slam him down because I honestly believed he was probably another overrated bitch (as I am an overly critical bitch always ready to bite someone's head off). I had only heard about the standing ovation and believed it was Simon crap, as I couldn't hear any vocals under Seacrest's blabbing. When I finally saw the performance I had chills up and down my spines and tears on my face. Only liked Allison besides him.

  3. #1038
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    My husband is the Adam fan. Adam can sing but I get the feeling he's going to be more screaming rock and thats not something I listen to. I'm a Danny fan because I like his raspy voice.

    I'm not a Kris or Alison fan but in truth I think this is really the best top 5, I'd like to see Danny win but at this point it really doesn't matter to me. Daughtry didn't win and neither did Elliott Yamin and yet I buy their music.

  4. #1039
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,660

    Default

    I think at this stage of the game, the winner doesn't really matter. I am sure Allison and Kris are going to be offered record deals. So, I'm not to concerned with who wins this. It just burns my ass that I have to sit through so much ass licking.

    I used to really like Gokey, and although I still like his voice, I don't like him. I can't stand the shrill and shrieking of Adam, but like him. I know, it's weird.

    I like Kris because he's really the underdog in all this. He's the only one that was in the top 10 (I think top 13, too, maybe more) that wasn't featured way back when this session first started. Whereas everyone else had the opportunity to tell their life stories, get to show the viewers their personalities and showcase their abilities, he wasn't. I remember when I saw him during "hollywood week" and thought, "Who the hell is that guy??"

  5. #1040
    Gold Member card's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    On the cutting room floor
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I think at this stage of the game, the winner doesn't really matter. I am sure Allison and Kris are going to be offered record deals. So, I'm not to concerned with who wins this. It just burns my ass that I have to sit through so much ass licking.

    I used to really like Gokey, and although I still like his voice, I don't like him. I can't stand the shrill and shrieking of Adam, but like him. I know, it's weird.

    I like Kris because he's really the underdog in all this. He's the only one that was in the top 10 (I think top 13, too, maybe more) that wasn't featured way back when this session first started. Whereas everyone else had the opportunity to tell their life stories, get to show the viewers their personalities and showcase their abilities, he wasn't. I remember when I saw him during "hollywood week" and thought, "Who the hell is that guy??"
    Totally agree with your statements. You summed it up nicely, Icepik.

  6. #1041
    Elite Member january's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,255

    Default

    Honestly, I haven't even watched the last few weeks, it hasn't held my attention. I don't even care. I just want Adam gone because everyone kisses his ass all the time and when I used to watch he seemed like his head was stuck up his ass because of it. I always seem to root for the underdog anyway.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

  7. #1042
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    Oh christ, remind me never to read around other sites about American Idol. I can only imagine the chaos if Adam LOSES.

    I don't understand something, so if anyone can enlighten me, it'd be appreciated...

    When Ryan said to Adam to pick a group, did he mean pick the safe one, or the bottom? I was under the impression that he knew he wasn't safe (because he was the third person, and there was only 2 in the bottom THREE, so he knew he was taking the third spot.) Did he think Allison and Danny were bottom two?
    Last edited by DitaPage*; April 30th, 2009 at 09:14 PM.

  8. #1043
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    Oh christ, remind me never to read around other sites about American Idol. I can only imagine the chaos if Adam LOSES.

    I don't understand something, so if anyone can enlighten me, it'd be appreciated...

    When Ryan said to Adam to pick a group, did he mean pick the safe one, or the bottom? I was under the impression that he knew he wasn't safe (because he was the third person, and there was only 2 in the bottom THREE, so he knew he was taking the third spot.) Did he think Allison and Danny were bottom two?


    I think he (and I) took Ryan to mean that he should choose to go stand with the top 2. Adam even made the comment, "Based on last nights performance, I'll stand there" and pointed to Gokey's side (we ALL know Gokey was highly praised and if you have to stand next to Gokey, you're safe).

  9. #1044
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    ^Thanks, that's what I thought too. But Lambertards are saying he knew he was in the bottom three... because he hated his performance. So when he said 'Based on last night's performance' he meant he sucked and so did Allison and Gokey (although Gokey WAS highly praised as you said). They're saying Adam picked the bottom group because thats where he knew he belonged. Yeah, right. I think he was as shocked about being in there as I was.

    BUT... unless I'm mistaken, it's called BOTTOM THREE, so being the only one left, he might've thought Ryan meant 'pick the bottom two... because you're the third person in the bottom three'. With top 5 isn't it usually only two are safe? Ryan didn't say 'You're safe' to Adam, he said 'Choose which group you belong in'. So if he chose the best group, he just assumed he was safe. (But humble Adam WOULD NEVER DO THAT! lol. ) Unless he thought Allison and Gokey were really the bottom. Doubtful though.

    Also, this week there's whispers that instead of each contestant performing two songs, they'll do a solo each, then a duet with another contestant. Ugh. I prefer the two solo format, so hopefully this isn't true. I don't see the point in duets. There can only be ONE fucking winner, geez.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; May 1st, 2009 at 03:03 AM.

  10. #1045
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,660

    Default

    Although, when you have Gokey (one of the one's destined to be in the finals), you would know which group is top 3 or bottom 3, especially when Matt was in the other group.

    He knew (like all of us) which were the top 2 and bottom 2 when Ryan asked him to choose a group. He chose the one he thought did better.

  11. #1046
    Elite Member KandyKorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    cubicle hell
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Honestly, I haven't even watched the last few weeks, it hasn't held my attention. I don't even care. I just want Adam gone because everyone kisses his ass all the time and when I used to watch he seemed like his head was stuck up his ass because of it. I always seem to root for the underdog anyway.
    Ditto. I quit watching a few weeks ago, too, when all the judges tongues got stuck up Adam's ass.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

  12. #1047
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    ^ I have to say though I was relieved when they didn't overreact at him being in the bottom three. Paula looked like she wanted to, but I'm glad Simon said let's not take it away from Allison and Danny. Exactly. I would have lost breakfast, lunch, and dinner if they were all 'ADAM? OH MY GOD! NO, NO AMERICA GOT THIS WRONG!' I was waiting for it.

    There are no words for this gem from scary Lambertards.

    I also might add that how about those fans that have some health problems like high blood pressure? Have American Idol not taking considerations that maybe some could ended up in the Hopital? Good grief, for what for the SHOWS RATING?


    OH NO! What if Adam loses??? These people are insane.
    American Idol shouldn't encourage these lunatics by having message boards.


    Lamberman: A man who loves Adam, like Randy Jackson. Also see: LamberMancrush, gay, Ryan Seacrest.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; May 2nd, 2009 at 09:02 AM.

  13. #1048
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    You know what I don't get is that "save" thing they used on Matt.
    If it was because Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson got sacked in the top five why did they have to use it so early?

    I mean now they can't save Adam or anyone else. And they didn't seem to be to upset that their boy Adam was in the bottom 3 so I'm thinking they did know it was all for show. Even Adam didn't look upset.

    What a crock.

  14. #1049
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I think he (and I) took Ryan to mean that he should choose to go stand with the top 2. Adam even made the comment, "Based on last nights performance, I'll stand there" and pointed to Gokey's side (we ALL know Gokey was highly praised and if you have to stand next to Gokey, you're safe).
    NO,Allison got panned & I think he had already said he didn't like his proformance when he saw it back. Allison & Adam both thought she was a goner,IMO.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  15. #1050
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    NO,Allison got panned & I think he had already said he didn't like his proformance when he saw it back. Allison & Adam both thought she was a goner,IMO.
    Wasn't Kris and Danny on one side and Allison and Matt on the other? Right now I'm having a hard time remembering who the other contestant was, other than Danny on one side and Matt on the other.

    Anyway... Danny's performance was solid. There was NO WAY he was going home, or in the bottom 3. Danny is always the safe one to be grouped with, his entire time on AI proves that.

    If Adam said he didn't like his own performance I missed it, but I honestly think he chose the side with Gokey, knowing (as we all did) that side was the safe one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. American Idol season 7 - 2008
    By Chalet in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 951
    Last Post: July 10th, 2008, 12:33 PM
  2. Katharine McPhee - American Idol Season 5 Promos
    By wheelbarrow in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 1st, 2007, 08:51 PM
  3. American Idol Season 6
    By vballchica134 in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 908
    Last Post: May 24th, 2007, 02:38 PM
  4. American Idol - Season 5
    By redheadlauren in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 639
    Last Post: November 1st, 2006, 12:49 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 1st, 2006, 09:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •