Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    Adam's singing reminds me of Billy Mays ... stop yelling at me! I recorded it - only watched through Adam so far.

Allison wasn't as good as they thought she was, but I loved Anoop.

Btw Kara looks really pretty tonight. Different hairstyle?

Yeah,Adam does yell. When he hit those last few notes I told my friend that I bet windows were shattering in people's houses all across America. It was ear splitting.

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86
    Adam, Danny and Lil ALL got critiques from Simon...
    And they're the top three spots on Dial Idol too.

I haven't seen it yet but from what I'm reading around just about everyone did poorly. But can you blame them, Adam has already won. The others should have their bags packed already. But... being in the final is the best they can hope for. Oh wait, that'll be Danny.

I dont' care what people think, Adam is not a good singer. At all

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post

Anoop was the best singer this evening. He surpassed everyone.
    I agree Icepik...

Although unfortunately Anoop will probably NEVER get a chance to truly shine because he is going to be outdone by Adam and Danny even though he could outsing BOTH of them, imho.

Danny is a one trick pony, imo.

He sings the same cheesy, sappy, depressing ballads and ALL in the same tone of voice!

Anoop has RANGE.

It just sucks.

No wonder Anoop isn't all that excited when he gets a good critique, he knows it's only a matter of time before he's cut.

It's just not fair but then again this competition hasn't really been fair since the first season.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I think they've been really harsh on Anoop, period. If he sings something slow, he gets praise but a 'pick up the tempo' message. When he sings something upbeat he gets punched in the head for it. He's not a judges favourite by any means. I'm thinking he won't get a save when the time comes. Speaking of judges, they DO NOT NEED FOUR. That was such a fucking stupid idea. And it's so rude to see them sitting there talking amongst themselves during some people's performances. I'd hate to be up there and see that. They can't even pay attention for a minute and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I think they've been really harsh on Anoop, period. If he sings something slow, he gets praise but a 'pick up the tempo' message. When he sings something upbeat he gets punched in the head for it. He's not a judges favourite by any means. I'm thinking he won't get a save when the time comes. Speaking of judges, they DO NOT NEED FOUR. That was such a fucking stupid idea. And it's so rude to see them sitting there talking amongst themselves during some people's performances. I'd hate to be up there and see that. They can't even pay attention for a minute and a half.
    Bingo!

You hit the nail on the head Dita!

It's especially obvious that Simon isn't a big fan of Anoop (as he only has eyes for Danny, Adam and Lil at times it seems... ) even though HE'S the one who announced Anoop would make it a top 13, grrr...and it's apparent that ever since Anoop stood up for himself to Kara that she's not that fond of him...but he's BETTER than he gets credited for!!!

He's being outshined by people *cough*danny*cough* who aren't even HALF the singer he is!!!

And people wonder why Anoop looks kind of down/not excited when he gets a positive critique...

However Anoop just flew up according to dialidol which makes me happy!!!

He's currently shown as being 4th...with Danny 1st (oh em gee what a surprise...) Lil 2nd, and Adam 3rd!

Of course we won't truly know how it plays out until tomorrow but I'm confident that Anoop will be DESERVINGLY safe for a change!!!

For the first few hours I couldn't even get a busy signal but for the last hour I couldn't get through at all!!!

Seriously...Anoop has been judged way too harshly, imo.

I agree about Kara as a fourth judge...WORST. IDEA. EVER.

ALSO agree about them chatting it up while people are performing! Not only is it rude as hell but how can they properly or fairly give critiques if they aren't even listening half the time!!!

GRRRR...

This season is truly the worst yet.

Agree with those saying how much this season sucks. I am underwhelmed by EVERY contestant (including Adam). I am particularly irritated by how many of them cannot sing in tune and how it is never pointed out by the judges. Namely Gokey who always gets unending praise for his songs with dead wife undertones but can't seem to sing a long pitch in tune and it NEVER gets called out. It hurts.

^ true noday

Hit By Ban Bus!

well each week I kept hoping Lil would do her voice justice and pick the right song... this week she was so bad I cut her off. I think the judges have freaked her out.

My husband liked Adam. I still can't stand him.

I think Anoop won the night. He keeps getting better each week. I really like his voice.

Matt was way off. Alisons song didn't get going until the end.

I voted for Danny, I still think he's the only one that has a chance against Adam.

Simon said his contract is up in two years and then he's going to quit because he's already doing 2 shows in England and it's just to much. When he quits I'll stop watching the show.

Simon cracked me up when he was making fun of whatever her name is aka new 4th judge.

Anoop killed it tonight. He better not be voted off. I have a feeling Matt G. will be going tomorrow.

I can't believe that Paula even pimps Adam when she's critiquing someone else's performance - she just had to get that in when she was talking to Allison.

Adam is a great performer but I don't think I'd ever buy a CD. I'm not for his voice as much as his performances. I actually want him to fail because he thinks he has it all wrapped up.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Anoop killed it tonight. He better not be voted off. I have a feeling Matt G. will be going tomorrow.
    Yeah I'm pretty confident that for once Anoop will be safe tomorrow!

And deservedly so!

He started off second to last on Dialidol but then within the last hour and after voting was closed it had him clocked in at 4th place behind Adam.

Although dialidol has been WAY off a few times this season I'm still confident because for about the last hour or so I couldn't get through on his line once.

However we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see!

My predicted bottom three: Matt, Kris and Alison and I think it'll either be Matt or Kris that goes home...

Which it's going to start getting brutal now because we're getting down to the wire...which means it's only a matter of time for ALL of the remaining contestants other than the 'golden 3.'

The others will all just be knocked out one by one...

The only reason dial idol ever seems to be off is because the producers screw with the results. How can it be right, then wrong? They use the same system. Like, Kris was definitely in the bottom three last week, and he is there again according to dial idol.

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86
    The others will all just be knocked out one by one...
    Yep. Wake me up when the finale is on. And I bet it'll be Danny and Adam.

Michael Johns song is pretty cool. He does have a nice rock voice, shame he was voted off early.

May I add I will be full of sadness if Kris is voted off...
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Agree with those saying how much this season sucks. I am underwhelmed by EVERY contestant (including Adam). I am particularly irritated by how many of them cannot sing in tune and how it is never pointed out by the judges. Namely Gokey who always gets unending praise for his songs with dead wife undertones but can't seem to sing a long pitch in tune and it NEVER gets called out. It hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post

I can't believe that Paula even pimps Adam when she's critiquing someone else's performance - she just had to get that in when she was talking to Allison.

Adam is a great performer but I don't think I'd ever buy a CD. I'm not for his voice as much as his performances. I actually want him to fail because he thinks he has it all wrapped up.
    Yep.

This week was horrible.

Allison-Didn't like the song for her.*Ahem*Cook did it last year perfectly.I actually think "The Rose" would have been a better choice for her,not Lil'.
    Kris-He's cute & I liked it.
    Matt-Like him but it was off.Daughtry did it in his season perfectly.
    Adam-look,I'm just not into it.I have to turn the volume way down,I think he gets away with too much pitchy notes and screeching and never gets called on it.
    Gokey-Fuck off seriously.Just come out holding a baby and feed Bambi from your hand,you shmaltzy panderous douchebag.
    Anoop-was pretty good.He's getting better.
    Lil'-you can go.Too bad you showed more passion in your sass towards Simon than you have in any of your performances.She sucks.

And get aclue,Idol-get rid of a judge,extend the running time or cut Ryan's bantering.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Thread Information