Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1507

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

  1. #751
    Elite Member MoodyJenny86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    4,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Take Cook last year. Nobody would have known he had an ill brother if the media hadn't discovered it and still he never alluded to it on the show, only afterwards if he was outright asked.
    ^Yes, this is true.

    Wasn't it the same with Elliott Yamin?

    I didn't know his mother was so ill with cancer until later in the competition (I believe she's since passed)...but then again I don't remember him outright mentioning it...

    The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

  2. #752
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    It's the fact that he alludes to it often and preaches inspiration at every opportunity. Not the fact she had the nerve to die.
    How does he allude to it? I've never heard him mention it, apart from the audition. I suppose Scott never should have said he was blind either, because that got him the sympathy vote. And Megan shouldn't have said in her first top 13 performance video that she was a single mom and had just had a rough divorce and Idol was her big chance to give her son the 'best life'. It's all to get into people's hearts. It's no different to what Danny did. And Archuleta sang Imagine and Another Day in Paradise, and You're the Voice, and When You Believe, and ANGELS... Talk about preaching! Not saying he wasn't genuine about the whole peace message but who is to say that Danny isn't? He's religious, so is Archuleta. They don't go out of their way to 'preach', it just happens because it's a part of them. I'm just confused why it was okay for Archuleta to shove religion and inspiration down everyone's throat every week, but it's not okay for Danny. I don't get people.. I don't like Danny much myself, but I don't understand all the hate either. If he didn't mention her, and people found out later, I bet they'd be saying 'I can't believe he forgot her so quickly, what a bastard!'. Should he be mourning at home instead of being on American Idol and getting on with his life?!

  3. #753
    Elite Member mrs.v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    highway jammed with broken heroes
    Posts
    22,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I disagree, David Cook is teh hawtness. Where's MrsV????? She'll confirm this. Yep.

    But really, the best looking AI contestants (with the notable exception of Clay Aiken) have been the most successful, IMO. Or the most visible & marketed etc, anyway. Jennifer Hudson & Carrie Underwood are gorgeous. I wouldn't count Jordin Sparks out just yet - she may be a big deal someday (no pun intended)
    David is teh hawtness.There's something about the way he sings makes me

    If people find him creepy, hey different strokes and all that...

    And even though he didn't win,Chris Daughtry is all kinds of hawt...
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

  4. #754
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    ^Yes, this is true.

    Wasn't it the same with Elliott Yamin?

    I didn't know his mother was so ill with cancer until later in the competition (I believe she's since passed)...but then again I don't remember him outright mentioning it...

    She did pass away not to long ago and Elliott took it hard. I love "Wait for You" but thats the only song of his I really like. Elliotts new look isn't all that, his new teeth are to huge for his mouth and I'm not loving the mop top hair do. But I like Elliott and I hope he has a great future.

    I love Jordin Sparks!! I honestly think she has the best voice of them all, thing is I listen to country music the most though.

    So my favorite is still Carrie Underwood.. dash of Kelly Pickler on the side not because of her singing but because she's so darn funny.

  5. #755
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    She did pass away not to long ago and Elliott took it hard. I love "Wait for You" but thats the only song of his I really like. Elliotts new look isn't all that, his new teeth are to huge for his mouth and I'm not loving the mop top hair do. But I like Elliott and I hope he has a great future.

    I love Jordin Sparks!! I honestly think she has the best voice of them all, thing is I listen to country music the most though.

    So my favorite is still Carrie Underwood.. dash of Kelly Pickler on the side not because of her singing but because she's so darn funny.
    wow i was actually shocked by Elliotts appearance now. those teeth!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  6. #756
    Elite Member MoodyJenny86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    4,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    wow i was actually shocked by Elliotts appearance now. those teeth!
    It's like he's a new person!!!

    I love 'Wait For You' too GaPeach!!!

    When it first came out I had it on repeat ALL the time!

    The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

  7. #757
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    It's like he's a new person!!!

    I love 'Wait For You' too GaPeach!!!

    When it first came out I had it on repeat ALL the time!
    confession time -

    2 CD's of Clay Aiken I no longer like him though

    2 CD's of Carrie Underwood plus anything else she's done (fan here)

    David A - In This Moment, Crush
    Jordin Sparks - No Air, Tattoo, I Who Have Nothing
    Chris Daughtry - What About Now bought his CD for daughter
    David Cook - Billy Jean
    Elliott Yamin - Wait For You
    Kelly Clarkston - Never Again

    so I do try to help out the ones I voted for

    Elliott and Hilary Duff are the reason I won't get veneers, I'm going for bonding

  8. #758
    Elite Member Moongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cal-i-for-nigh-ay!
    Posts
    7,669

    Default

    Jumping on the "I Like Danny" bandwagon here; I also haven't noticed him continually mention his wife's death in a ploy for sympathy. The only time I've heard it mentioned was during the audition process. He seems like a genuinely nice guy to me, not smug at all; he seems genuinely thankful when the judges comment positively about his performance, as does Adam. Actually, it seems like most of the contestants left are pretty much grounded and appreciative of where they are.

  9. #759
    Elite Member JadeStar70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BFE, Iowa
    Posts
    7,566

    Default

    Anyone heard anything on this weeks show? How is a director going to help the young singers?
    Last edited by JadeStar70; April 13th, 2009 at 04:45 PM.

  10. #760
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    ^Yeah it's movie soundtrack songs, and Quentin Tarantino is the mentor. Shall be interesting.

  11. #761
    Elite Member mrs.v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    highway jammed with broken heroes
    Posts
    22,701

    Default

    Quentin was a judge a couple of seasons ago,he actually gave good advice.



    Scott MacIntyre is seen backstage at American Idol on March 17, 2009 in Los Angeles, California.
    Michael Becker/Getty ImagesBuzz up!

    Although Scott MacIntyre -- American Idol's latest eliminated contestant -- couldn't hide the fact that he was blind from fans, he was determined to keep voters focused on his musical talents rather than his physical challenges.

    That's why he didn't open up about having a kidney transplant until he visited Kelly Ripa and Regis Philbin on the set of their morning talk show Monday.
    "I didn’t want to bring that up during the competition,” he said. “The blindness is obvious, but I didn’t want all my challenges to weigh in to the voting, and now that I’m off the show, people are finding out about it a little bit more."
    Scott, who suffered from kidney failure, was on emergency dialysis for two years before he was able to get a transplant.

    "I can remember a time when I actually didn’t have enough strength to sit and play and vocalize at the piano," MacIntyre said. "So every day on Idol is just a blessing for me, and I am healthy now.”
    MacIntyre, who performed "Just the Way You Are" on Live with Regis and Kelly, added that he was proud of his run on Idol.

    "I just had the time of my live out in California," he said. "I could have kept going a few more weeks if the chips had fallen differently, but I’m so excited to be walking away where I am. Out of that many people -- 110,000 almost -- to finish eighth, it’s just incredible.”


    http://www.usmagazine.com/news/ex-id...splant-2009134
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

  12. #762
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Jumping on the "I Like Danny" bandwagon here; I also haven't noticed him continually mention his wife's death in a ploy for sympathy. The only time I've heard it mentioned was during the audition process. He seems like a genuinely nice guy to me, not smug at all; he seems genuinely thankful when the judges comment positively about his performance, as does Adam. Actually, it seems like most of the contestants left are pretty much grounded and appreciative of where they are.
    finally.. I was getting lonely out there all by myself.

  13. #763
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    My God, Scott has had a hard life.... and still so optimistic. Poor guy

  14. #764
    Elite Member mrs.v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    highway jammed with broken heroes
    Posts
    22,701

    Default

    Possible song list tonight:

    Allison - “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
    Anoop - “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams
    Adam - “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf
    Matt - “To Really Love a Woman” by Bryan Adams
    Danny - “Endless Love” by Diana Ross
    Kris - “Falling Slowly”
    Lil - “The Rose” by Bette Midler

    http://mjsbigblog.com/

    Gokey*gag*
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

  15. #765
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    Adam is going to rock with that song. And yeah, 'endless love' and Gokey... vomit. I love Diana Ross and Lionel Richie yet I loathe the song.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. American Idol season 7 - 2008
    By Chalet in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 951
    Last Post: July 10th, 2008, 12:33 PM
  2. Katharine McPhee - American Idol Season 5 Promos
    By wheelbarrow in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 1st, 2007, 08:51 PM
  3. American Idol Season 6
    By vballchica134 in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 908
    Last Post: May 24th, 2007, 02:38 PM
  4. American Idol - Season 5
    By redheadlauren in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 639
    Last Post: November 1st, 2006, 12:49 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 1st, 2006, 09:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •