Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Take Cook last year. Nobody would have known he had an ill brother if the media hadn't discovered it and still he never alluded to it on the show, only afterwards if he was outright asked.
    ^Yes, this is true.

Wasn't it the same with Elliott Yamin?

I didn't know his mother was so ill with cancer until later in the competition (I believe she's since passed)...but then again I don't remember him outright mentioning it...

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    It's the fact that he alludes to it often and preaches inspiration at every opportunity. Not the fact she had the nerve to die.
    How does he allude to it? I've never heard him mention it, apart from the audition. I suppose Scott never should have said he was blind either, because that got him the sympathy vote. And Megan shouldn't have said in her first top 13 performance video that she was a single mom and had just had a rough divorce and Idol was her big chance to give her son the 'best life'. It's all to get into people's hearts. It's no different to what Danny did. And Archuleta sang Imagine and Another Day in Paradise, and You're the Voice, and When You Believe, and ANGELS... Talk about preaching! Not saying he wasn't genuine about the whole peace message but who is to say that Danny isn't? He's religious, so is Archuleta. They don't go out of their way to 'preach', it just happens because it's a part of them. I'm just confused why it was okay for Archuleta to shove religion and inspiration down everyone's throat every week, but it's not okay for Danny. I don't get people.. I don't like Danny much myself, but I don't understand all the hate either. If he didn't mention her, and people found out later, I bet they'd be saying 'I can't believe he forgot her so quickly, what a bastard!'. Should he be mourning at home instead of being on American Idol and getting on with his life?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I disagree, David Cook is teh hawtness. Where's MrsV????? She'll confirm this. Yep.

But really, the best looking AI contestants (with the notable exception of Clay Aiken) have been the most successful, IMO. Or the most visible & marketed etc, anyway. Jennifer Hudson & Carrie Underwood are gorgeous. I wouldn't count Jordin Sparks out just yet - she may be a big deal someday (no pun intended)
    David is teh hawtness.There's something about the way he sings makes me

If people find him creepy, hey different strokes and all that...

And even though he didn't win,Chris Daughtry is all kinds of hawt...
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    ^Yes, this is true.

Wasn't it the same with Elliott Yamin?

I didn't know his mother was so ill with cancer until later in the competition (I believe she's since passed)...but then again I don't remember him outright mentioning it...

She did pass away not to long ago and Elliott took it hard. I love "Wait for You" but thats the only song of his I really like. Elliotts new look isn't all that, his new teeth are to huge for his mouth and I'm not loving the mop top hair do. But I like Elliott and I hope he has a great future.

I love Jordin Sparks!! I honestly think she has the best voice of them all, thing is I listen to country music the most though.

So my favorite is still Carrie Underwood.. dash of Kelly Pickler on the side not because of her singing but because she's so darn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    She did pass away not to long ago and Elliott took it hard. I love "Wait for You" but thats the only song of his I really like. Elliotts new look isn't all that, his new teeth are to huge for his mouth and I'm not loving the mop top hair do. But I like Elliott and I hope he has a great future.

I love Jordin Sparks!! I honestly think she has the best voice of them all, thing is I listen to country music the most though.

So my favorite is still Carrie Underwood.. dash of Kelly Pickler on the side not because of her singing but because she's so darn funny.
    wow i was actually shocked by Elliotts appearance now. those teeth!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    wow i was actually shocked by Elliotts appearance now. those teeth!
    It's like he's a new person!!!

I love 'Wait For You' too GaPeach!!!

When it first came out I had it on repeat ALL the time!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    It's like he's a new person!!!

I love 'Wait For You' too GaPeach!!!

When it first came out I had it on repeat ALL the time!
    confession time -

2 CD's of Clay Aiken I no longer like him though

2 CD's of Carrie Underwood plus anything else she's done (fan here)

David A - In This Moment, Crush
    Jordin Sparks - No Air, Tattoo, I Who Have Nothing
    Chris Daughtry - What About Now bought his CD for daughter
    David Cook - Billy Jean
    Elliott Yamin - Wait For You
    Kelly Clarkston - Never Again

so I do try to help out the ones I voted for

Elliott and Hilary Duff are the reason I won't get veneers, I'm going for bonding

Jumping on the "I Like Danny" bandwagon here; I also haven't noticed him continually mention his wife's death in a ploy for sympathy. The only time I've heard it mentioned was during the audition process. He seems like a genuinely nice guy to me, not smug at all; he seems genuinely thankful when the judges comment positively about his performance, as does Adam. Actually, it seems like most of the contestants left are pretty much grounded and appreciative of where they are.

Anyone heard anything on this weeks show? How is a director going to help the young singers?
    Last edited by JadeStar70; April 13th, 2009 at 04:45 PM.

^Yeah it's movie soundtrack songs, and Quentin Tarantino is the mentor. Shall be interesting.

Quentin was a judge a couple of seasons ago,he actually gave good advice.

Scott MacIntyre is seen backstage at American Idol on March 17, 2009 in Los Angeles, California.
    Michael Becker/Getty ImagesBuzz up!

Although Scott MacIntyre -- American Idol's latest eliminated contestant -- couldn't hide the fact that he was blind from fans, he was determined to keep voters focused on his musical talents rather than his physical challenges.

That's why he didn't open up about having a kidney transplant until he visited Kelly Ripa and Regis Philbin on the set of their morning talk show Monday.
    "I didn’t want to bring that up during the competition,” he said. “The blindness is obvious, but I didn’t want all my challenges to weigh in to the voting, and now that I’m off the show, people are finding out about it a little bit more."
    Scott, who suffered from kidney failure, was on emergency dialysis for two years before he was able to get a transplant.

"I can remember a time when I actually didn’t have enough strength to sit and play and vocalize at the piano," MacIntyre said. "So every day on Idol is just a blessing for me, and I am healthy now.”
    MacIntyre, who performed "Just the Way You Are" on Live with Regis and Kelly, added that he was proud of his run on Idol.

"I just had the time of my live out in California," he said. "I could have kept going a few more weeks if the chips had fallen differently, but I’m so excited to be walking away where I am. Out of that many people -- 110,000 almost -- to finish eighth, it’s just incredible.”

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/ex-id...splant-2009134
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Jumping on the "I Like Danny" bandwagon here; I also haven't noticed him continually mention his wife's death in a ploy for sympathy. The only time I've heard it mentioned was during the audition process. He seems like a genuinely nice guy to me, not smug at all; he seems genuinely thankful when the judges comment positively about his performance, as does Adam. Actually, it seems like most of the contestants left are pretty much grounded and appreciative of where they are.
    finally.. I was getting lonely out there all by myself.

My God, Scott has had a hard life.... and still so optimistic. Poor guy

Possible song list tonight:

Allison - “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
    Anoop - “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams
    Adam - “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf
    Matt - “To Really Love a Woman” by Bryan Adams
    Danny - “Endless Love” by Diana Ross
    Kris - “Falling Slowly”
    Lil - “The Rose” by Bette Midler

http://mjsbigblog.com/

Gokey*gag*
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Adam is going to rock with that song. And yeah, 'endless love' and Gokey... vomit. I love Diana Ross and Lionel Richie yet I loathe the song.

Thread Information