Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    um Davids brother was in the audience...
    But to his credit David didn't even point him out or make mention of the fact that he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Danny is a good guy, I like his voice. People don't much care for good guys, they seemed to have a hard time with David A for the same reason.
    I'm an even bigger fan of David A's than I am of Adam so yeah, some of us are capable of not liking Danny, but still appreciating a good guy like Archie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I haven't heard him allude to it in weeks upon weeks, and in fact whenever he did mention it, usually somebody else brought it up first. I'm sure he gets asked about it a lot. What's he supposed to do? Refuse to talk about it?
    To be clear, I don't think I'm the only person on the internet who has alluded to this, so it's not like it's a far out concept. There's obviously something about Danny that's off putting to many. For some it's his smugness, for others its the sympathy thing, for many it's both. There are others again who like him. There's nothing wrong with that - to each their own. I was just giving my opinion. Nobody said anyone had to agree.

You mean there are no far out concepts on the internet?

Time Cube
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I like Allison. For being so young, she has such an amazing husky voice, unlike many singers of today. She's not marketable enough, though, which is unfortunate for her. I bet you anything that if she was better looking Simon would be all up her ass and she would already be proclaimed the winner.
    You really think she's not good looking enough to win? It's not like the past winners have been cookie-cutter cute, except Carrie Underwood. I'd put Kelly Clarkson as second cutest, but she definitely doesn't look as good in candids as her photoshopped CD covers. And she has that dreaded weight fluctuation.

As for the rest, you have:

Ruben - Huge and sweats like crazy on stage
    Fantasia - Not a stunner by any means
    Taylor - Looks 15 years older than his actual age
    Jordin - Pretty face, but built like a linebacker
    Cook - Big improvement since his initial AI appearances, but still no classic good looks

Carrie Underwood looks vastly different now compared to her AI days--she's much thinner now, for starters. I think Alison has potential with the right stylist(s).
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I disagree, David Cook is teh hawtness. Where's MrsV????? She'll confirm this. Yep.

But really, the best looking AI contestants (with the notable exception of Clay Aiken) have been the most successful, IMO. Or the most visible & marketed etc, anyway. Jennifer Hudson & Carrie Underwood are gorgeous. I wouldn't count Jordin Sparks out just yet - she may be a big deal someday (no pun intended)

I don't care if Adam is a homesick Martian. He is a real talent & showman. Give me that anyday.
    I supported David Cook last year & still do. I think he total cuteness.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

David Cook is all kinds of creepy. Especially with that thing he does with his eyes - you know, that slow, sideways look - ..

I actually had a very detailed sexual dream about him yesterday after (I guess it would be classified as an afternoon napmare ) I was actually disgusted when I woke up.

I disagree, David Cook is teh hawtness. Where's MrsV????? She'll confirm this. Yep.

But really, the best looking AI contestants (with the notable exception of Clay Aiken) have been the most successful, IMO. Or the most visible & marketed etc, anyway. Jennifer Hudson & Carrie Underwood are gorgeous. I wouldn't count Jordin Sparks out just yet - she may be a big deal someday (no pun intended)
    If this theory runs true Kris will have an immensely popular career ahead of him
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

You mean there are no far out concepts on the internet?

Time Cube
    Wow. That site is just...wow
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    Wow. That site is just...wow
    I've just TRIED to read part of that bollocks...

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I've just TRIED to read part of that bollocks...
    I know! Dude is nuts. According to Wikipedia, he thinks that anyone who disagrees with him or even just doesn't know about his idea is going to hell and "deserves death". Yikes.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Years ago, I actually emailed that guy. I think I was a little buzzed. He wrote back that I was not evil, but I was stupid, and a bunch of other crap. About a year later, somebody (Grimm I think) started a thread on it. I just searched GR for about 3 seconds, but couldn't find it. But if you mention crazy crackpot theories that have websites, that's the first one that comes to my mind

Years ago, I actually emailed that guy. I think I was a little buzzed. He wrote back that I was not evil, but I was stupid, and a bunch of other crap. About a year later, somebody (Grimm I think) started a thread on it. I just searched GR for about 3 seconds, but couldn't find it. But if you mention crazy crackpot theories that have websites, that's the first one that comes to my mind
    Good to know you're not evil, Lobelia

Well, according to THAT guy I'm not, so if you trust the source...

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love David Cook...I was talking more about his transformation. He was kinda chubs and had very awkward hair when he first started on the show.

Carrie Underwood always had good looks but if you compare clips from her Idol days, she had much more errrr..baby fat and still had that farm girl look to her. She's so much more polished (and hungry) looking these days.

Oh and I agree about Jennifer Hudson AND Clay Aiken, but I was concentrating on the AI winners.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^^^I know what you mean, trixie - I agree. David Cook didn't strike me as good looking at all, and in fact, I was kind of put off by him with that crazy hair and extra chub. He's just too short to carry it well. But by the end of the season, he looked great. And ita about Carrie, too - she looks half starved.

About Clay, that boy succeeded despite looking like the biggest dork ever.

Thread Information