Page 45 of 101 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Get in your handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Anyone notice that Anoop didn't seem to be in a very good mood? He had a scowl on his face the entire show.
    I did!

He looked reaaally nervous.

But you know...honestly, I'd be in a pretty grumpy mood if this had been my second time in a row in the bottom three and not only that BUT also knowing there's really no point for anyone else to be there but Adam, Danny and MAYBE Lil because it's SOOO obvious this year- more so than ANY who's going to win this thing!

It'd suck to know that you're DEFINITELY not going to win and that it's just a matter of time...

Whereas Adam or Danny don't have to worry about that ANY time soon...they'll be laughing and smirking their way to the finale.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    because it's SOOO obvious this year- more so than ANY who's going to win this thing!

It'd suck to know that you're DEFINITELY not going to win and that it's just a matter of time...

Whereas Adam or Danny don't have to worry about that ANY time soon...they'll be laughing and smirking their way to the finale.
    I'm not so sure. There is still enough weeks left for a turn around in the public opinion. It seems that a few people really dislike both Adam and Danny so who knows. Personally I like Danny, not so keen on Adam.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i tell ya, Kellie Pickler looked good. i was expecting this freaky looking freakface like we've seen on here. but she looked pretty good. and i see her boob implants went away. I couldnt tell you how she sounded i was too busy ogling her.

Dita? what are we going to do without Scott? LOL

I'm glad he went. I don't have anything against the guy and I did tear up a bit when they played his 'going home' video but I'm soooooooooooooo glad Kris is still there. Thank heavens that Dial idol was wrong. But I don't know... i think producers/judges have the last say. Kris is too pretty to go anywhere, even though he didn't get the votes. It's a weird season. I can't believe only three girls are touring, that's crazy. I'm forever going to be pissed that Alexis didn't go further too.

When did Adam say he watched the 8 seasons and never saw Simon give a standing O? I must've missed it.. although I watched the whole elimination show. Speaking of which, I've noticed that Adam gets praise each show. Last week Paula went on about him, this week it was Randy. The other contestants surely know he's the chosen one and they have no chance. I'm sorry but I don't see Adam as the 'American Idol'. He belongs in theatre. When he was singing Mad World I was expecting something to happen, like it was a dramatic stage play or something. It's just not a commercial/radio voice.

I wish David Cook did do Mad World. He has a sexier voice by far, it would have so haunting. DAMN.

Quote Originally Posted by WesCAdle View Post
    If you want to hear a great version of Mad World listen to the one by Gary Jules the guy that wrote it. That Adam dude just ripped it off and added a squeal to it - what happened to all the originality the "judges" were bitching about with everyone else. I liked Kris and the young girl, I think her name's Allison. If Adam was really that good he would already be fronting a band or signed but there is something lacking in his performances. IMO he is not a frontman or soloist and would be a hard sale to fit into the pop market Idol caters to.
    Gary Jules version of Mad World is awesome. It's my favourite version by far.

I love Adam. At least he can make decent song choices! When I think of the songs they left on the table...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Am I the only one who thinks that Adam is the goth version of Sam Harris from Star Search? Damn, I feel old for even remembering Star Search...
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Adam is the goth version of Sam Harris from Star Search? Damn, I feel old for even remembering Star Search...
    I remember Sam Harris; he always sang by starting off slow and easy, then soaring to a big finale. He did that every.single.time.

Quote Originally Posted by WesCAdle View Post
    If you want to hear a great version of Mad World listen to the one by Gary Jules the guy that wrote it. That Adam dude just ripped it off and added a squeal to it - what happened to all the originality the "judges" were bitching about with everyone else. I liked Kris and the young girl, I think her name's Allison. If Adam was really that good he would already be fronting a band or signed but there is something lacking in his performances. IMO he is not a frontman or soloist and would be a hard sale to fit into the pop market Idol caters to.
    Gary Jules didn't write Mad World. Tears For Fears did.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post
    lol,that's exactly what he's like!

I don't hate Adam,I think he's a nice guy,I just don't like his style,it's nothing I would buy on my own.When he hits those notes,they make me nervous I don't know why

Aww,bye Scott..he has a good sense of humor.Kris is a cutie,I like Alison and Matt.

Gokey can fuck off.That is all.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

i am not a fan so much of Adam, but i love how he is ultra polite with the judges. doesnt argue, talk back etc. He always says thank you. I was a big Lil fan, but if she doesnt show what she's made of, she's gonna be out. i also remember Sam from Star Search. Always did the vocal olympics with his songs.

and poor Anoop in the bottom 3, AND almost eliminated? WTF? he wont win, but i think he'll make a good talk show host LOL
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

[quote=DitaPage*;1685699]

When did Adam say he watched the 8 seasons and never saw Simon give a standing O? I must've missed it.. although I watched the whole elimination show.

quote]

In the beginning when Ryan asked him how he felt about Simons remark.

I like David Cook which is why I like Danny they both have that rough voice.

Anybody care that Darius Rucker is singing country these days? Just thought I'd throw that in.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Anybody care that Darius Rucker is singing country these days?
    Me me me!! I never really paid attention to Hootie and the Blowfish but I LOVE Darius Rucker as a country performer. I hadn't noticed his voice until he switched to country. He has an awesome voice. I had no idea it was him when I first heard "Don't Think I Don't Think About It". I knew the person sounded vaguely familiar but didn't make the connection.

And back to Idol...I am SO glad that Kris is still there. I think he's the only one that I'll be sad to see go, even though I like most of the others, especially Adam and Alison.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Seriously?! I agree with him to an extent ... the judges often fault people for not changing a song enough while praising the next person for singing it the way it was written. They go back and forth, and they're definitely inconsistent.

BUT it's not their fault he took the advice and went the wrong way with it. The advice given was good advice - change it up, do something different. He just didn't do "different" well (and he picked an awful song). He must have strummed like 5 times??? I barely remember seeing his hand on the guitar.

I didn't think he had it in him but he seemed to border on disrespectful these past few weeks. I don't necessarily mind the contestants talking to the judges, as long as it's not totally rude. But he just seems bitter. And to think they almost saved him!

Idol’s Scott MacIntyre: I Deserve More Credit From Judges

April 9, 2009

Following his elimination from American Idol, Scott MacIntyre had a message for the judges: You got it wrong when you slammed his final performance. “If people watch the tape back, I think it deserved more credit than the judges gave it,” the 23-year-old Scottsdale, Ariz., resident tells PEOPLE.

His decision to play electric guitar on “The Search Is Over” was partially prompted by Paula Abdul’s suggestion to step out from behind his trademark piano. “It happens all the time — the judges say one thing and then they ridicule you for following their advice,” MacIntyre said. “They’re saying what they’re saying because it’s a television show and, unfortunately, sometimes people go home because of it.”

Even so, MacIntyre has no regrets. “I’m so glad I got to bring out the shredder and go down in a blaze of glory,” he said. “None of us know how long we’re gonna be around and I really felt like it would be a tremendous surprise to America if they saw me with an electric guitar on my shoulder. [I thought] they’d be hanging on the edge of their seat waiting for me to play that first chord.”

MacIntyre, Idol’s first blind contestant, had nothing but gratitude to Abdul for her show-closing remarks that he had been an “inspiration” to viewers. “It meant a lot to me that she recognized that and she felt compelled to say something,” he said. “That’s the reason I came to American Idol in the first place — because I have a story I feel like people need to hear.”

The challenges he’s faced in his life also help ease the sting of elimination. “Because of [what] I’ve been through, it really puts American Idol in perspective for me,” he said. “This is not where it ends. It’s been one of the best experiences of my life, but now it’s time to start my career. And Idol’s given me the tools to do that.” – Shawna Malcom
    Idol’s Scott MacIntyre: I Deserve More Credit From Judges - PEOPLE TV Watch

Elite Member

Kelli Pickler is still adorable. I thought she performed really well. She always had stage presence though not the best vocal chops.

Poor Scott - I think he has a false sense of identity. The judges have filled his head with the belief that he is good and can persevere with music. No wonder he's confused. In this article, he thinks his last performance deserved more credit and he states that the judges are contradictory in their critiques.

Idol’s Scott MacIntyre: I Deserve More Credit From Judges - PEOPLE TV Watch

Scott was never going to win, but in fairness, I've seen less talented on the show make it farther. And I do agree with him about the judges. I honestly don't see their purpose on the show. Their 'advice' is ridiculous and rarely makes sense. The whole "I don't know who you are" bullshit is tiresome. What they really mean is, "I don't like who you are....so change it".

As for Adam, he can do no wrong in my book. He is praised, hyped, whatever you want to call it, but can anyone deny he doesn't deserve it? Even if you don't like him or he's not your style, can you deny his talent? I think it's just so ridiculously blatantly obvious that he's going to win this that TPTB aren't even pretending there's a competition anymore.

Thread Information