Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

That ridiculous 'no offence' saying

I might start posting Kris pics to pretty up the thread, you know you girls want it
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    That ridiculous 'no offence' saying

I might start posting Kris pics to pretty up the thread, you know you girls want it
    Kris is very pretty (:
    sincerely me (:

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Is it wrong that I was glad Matt wore that hat last night, so I was not distracted by the thing growing out of the middle of his forehead?
    Sweet Jesus!! That is the ONLY thing I notice when he's on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by SavannaDuhhh View Post
    no offense but that is absolute rubbish (: did you watch his Track of my Tears? OMG amazing!
    He's not bad, but he isn't as good as they go on...and on and on...about. He truly is over-rated.

I finally got to watch him singing "mad world" today (damn show going over time when I'm taping it!) and it was all a bunch of hype. Simon gave him a standing ovation for that? Pffft... it wasn't that good. I see/heard he had to add that high pitched screech in there, too.

Chalet is right... it's a popularity competition, not a singing competition.

The only thing I notice on Matt is his gums. Seriously, about 60% of his face is gum. Bless him.

Time for pretty!

If you want to hear a great version of Mad World listen to the one by Gary Jules the guy that originally did this version. Tears for Fears wrote it and put a version out in the 80's. That Adam dude just ripped it off and added a squeal to it - what happened to all the originality the "judges" were bitching about with everyone else. I liked Kris and the young girl, I think her name's Allison. If Adam was really that good he would already be fronting a band or signed but there is something lacking in his performances. IMO he is not a frontman or soloist and would be a hard sale to fit into the pop market Idol caters to.
    Last edited by WesCAdle; April 9th, 2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Correct backasswardness
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

MSNBC.com

‘Mad World’ arranger praises ‘Idol’s’ Lambert
    ‘It was fantastic,’ artist says of singer’s performance of Tears for Fears song

The Associated Press
    updated 4:20 p.m. PT, Wed., April 8, 2009

NEW YORK - Winding down for the night, Gary Jules turned on "American Idol" — his guilty pleasure — and left the room to watch surfing videos on his computer. Then he heard some eerily familiar notes.

It was Adam Lambert — one the top finalists on the most popular TV show in the country — performing Jules' arrangement of the Tears for Fears song "Mad World."

"I ran out and I was like, 'I knew he was gonna do it! I knew it!'" he recalls. "I've been waiting for years for somebody to do it. I thought David Cook was gonna do it last year for sure. ... As soon as I saw that guy Adam on 'American Idol,' I was like, 'Oooh, this could be it.'"

The singer-songwriter deserves at least some of the credit for Lambert's haunting performance that earned a rare standing ovation from "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell.

Jules covered the '80s song on his 2001 album, "Trading Snakeoil for Wolftickets." His stripped-down, slowed-down version, recorded with producer Michael Andrews, was featured in the cult movie "Donnie Darko" the same year.

The song topped the charts in Britain in 2003 but is little known to U.S. listeners.

Lambert, a 27-year-old actor known for his daring performances and vocal range, had the coveted final spot that often goes to the front-runner on the Fox network competition. But on Tuesday, it wasn't entirely an advantage.

Because the show ran eight minutes over schedule, Lambert's performance was cut off for many DVR users, causing mass outrage in spite of the fact that the missing footage is widely available on the Internet.

Jules, 40, thinks Lambert put a signature spin on his cover-of-a-cover.

"It was fantastic," he says. "He has a beautiful voice. ... I heard his Michael Jackson cover and I heard some of his other stuff, and I think that he's probably one of the most — if not the most — interesting performer I've ever seen on 'American Idol.'"

He's especially excited about the possibility of Lambert or someone else giving him credit for the arrangement on Wednesday night's results show. Especially after the standing-O from Cowell, who called Jules the day after his version of "Mad World" hit No. 1 overseas.

"Simon said that he loved it," he remembers. "That he thought it was a beautiful performance. That he thought it was better than the first one, better than the original and that it was very very heartfelt and blah blah blah — and I was, like, really grateful except I had no idea who he was."

The song was a collaboration between Jules and Andrews, his best friend; they recorded it in 15 minutes, Jules says, while Andrews was writing the score for "Donnie Darko" and helping Jules make his acclaimed "Snakeoil" disc on a budget of less than $100.

After that, "Mad World" took on a life of its own. Tears for Fears singer Roland Orzabal called Jules and praised the arrangement as "better than the original," he says. Jules heard that Radiohead singer Thom Yorke played it on the radio in England during a guest VJ spot.

"The song is phenomenal. ... I got really super-personal, heartfelt sometimes really creepy, odd e-mails from people. I've had like bizarre suicidal pen pals and stuff like that," says Jules, whose musical influences include Michael Stipe, Paul Simon and Neil Young.

It's an important week for Jules: He has two songs on TV. The single "Beautiful" from his latest album, "Bird," will be heard during the season-finale of the NBC football-and-family drama "Friday Night Lights." In 2007, his song "Falling Awake" charted on Billboard after being featured during an emotional segment on ABC's "Grey's Anatomy."

Jules — who jokingly calls his music "wuss rock" and counts fellow singer-songwriters Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson as friends — thinks the exposure could translate to album sales.

"I need to kind of get people to know my name as well as they know some of my songs. ... Obviously, the story is `Forget the publicists, just get yourself on 'American Idol' every once in a while,'" he says.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: ‘Mad World’ arranger praises ‘Idol’s’ Lambert - American Idol- msnbc.com

MSN Privacy . Legal
    © 2009 MSNBC.com

Offs, this OTT praise is making me HATE Adam

The dialidol was wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Time for pretty!

Ohhh, yummy. Thanks for all the pretty, Levitt!
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Yay for tonight's results!!!

I think Frankie Valli was the best performance of the night LOL

How awful was the group song? Someone was seriously off key (or maybe more than one person). I bet it's getting harder and harder to arrange since there are so few girls.

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    Yay for tonight's results!!!

I think Frankie Valli was the best performance of the night LOL

How awful was the group song? Someone was seriously off key (or maybe more than one person). I bet it's getting harder and harder to arrange since there are so few girls.
    That was actually Frankie Avalon

Anyone notice that Anoop didn't seem to be in a very good mood? He had a scowl on his face the entire show.

^ Thanks - I knew that! Not sure why I typed Valli

Hit By Ban Bus!

So Kelly Pickler wrote her song with Taylor Swift.......... no freaking kidding to bad she can't sing like Taylor Swift and should stick to songs she can sing. I like Kelly but her song sucked.

Lil has a killer body but most of the time she wears crap that makes her booty look like she's got elephantightus.

Adams remark of "I've been watching American Idol for 8 seasons and it was the first time Simon gave a standing O ... blah blah just gag me. I can't stand him if this gig doesn't work out maybe he can be the next Cover Girl.

Kelly Pickler sucked.

I think the right person went home

i tell ya, Kellie Pickler looked good. i was expecting this freaky looking freakface like we've seen on here. but she looked pretty good. and i see her boob implants went away. I couldnt tell you how she sounded i was too busy ogling her.

Dita? what are we going to do without Scott? LOL
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information