Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    Whoops!

Missed this but I DO TOO!!!

Him and Danny both!

And here I didn't think i could possibly hate anyone more than Katharine McPhee...oh boy was I wrong!

*thanks the heavens above that she isn't alone*

I like Danny, the guy is bad luck though, his grandfather just passed away.

Oh my gosh I couldn't stand Katherine McPhee either.. ack... she could sing and she was pretty but she was a bitch and a half!!

Adam takes criticism very well, he's been on stage for a while so I'm sure he's used to it. I have to wonder what kind of stage he's been on The Zig Field Follies? He reminds me of that Margolies guy who kept mugging for the camera... he sang Queen.

I'd like to see it between Danny and Lil.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I don't know why they'd want to be praised by the judges. Once you're overrated, you're annoying. Maybe I'm just an asshole who hates seeing other people succeed, but as soon as people can't shut the hell up and stop singing someone's praises (constantly) it makes me hate them. I root for the underrated.
    You're right.

I've said a few times (since Idol began this season) that Gokey would go far. I loved his voice and personality, but now, with the constant ass kissing from (especially Kare and Paula) I want the guy to fail. The judges shouldn't be allowed to act like that. Praise them when they do well, but getting up to dance when Gokey or Lambert come on is TOO MUCH. You know before Gokey and Lambert finish singing that those two judges are going to fawn all over them and lavish them with way more praise than they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I agree. He always seems respectful & actually listens to advice offered. I think he is more grounded than most. Never have seen him get defensive or whiny.
    He's praised 95% of the time, what would he possible get defensive about? The guy is a "screecher" when he sings. He has NEVER gone without doing it and yet NO ONE says anything about that. How many times have the judges mentioned contestants "screaming and shouting" the song, but somehow Lambert gets a pass. He's got it a lot easier from the judges than the rest of the contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I like Danny, the guy is bad luck though, his grandfather just passed away.

Oh my gosh I couldn't stand Katherine McPhee either.. ack... she could sing and she was pretty but she was a bitch and a half!!

Adam takes criticism very well, he's been on stage for a while so I'm sure he's used to it. I have to wonder what kind of stage he's been on The Zig Field Follies? He reminds me of that Margolies guy who kept mugging for the camera... he sang Queen.

I'd like to see it between Danny and Lil.
    YUCK!

I value your difference in opinion but I HATE Danny and Adam!

Seriously even hearing their names or seeing their faces on the t.v. makes my skin crawl!

And yes it is sad that his Grandfather passed away...but I'm one of those 'cruel, heartless bastards' that saw the 'my wife died' thing as just a sob story and an overused gimmick to bring in more votes!

And now that his grandfather has died I wonder how many more sappy, depressing songs he'll sing in 'dedication'...I'm sorry but there's a fine line between privately grieving and shoving it down everyone's throat.

Take David Cook for example.

During the entire competition while his brother was sick he NEVER openly mentioned it unless asked and even then kept it brief.

Maybe I'm biased as well...just IMO something about Danny seems off.

My dream finale would be Anoop and Matt/OR Kris.

BUT let's face it...it'll either be Adam/Danny, Adam/Lil or Danny/Lil...

It's just so stupid...the other contestants beyond A,D, L hardly stand much of a chance! Sure some of them are beginning to come to the forefront (Kris) but honestly it's like JUST declare ADAM the freakin' winner already!

UGH.

It just annoys me!

This season has by FAR been the most predictable and disappointing yet.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    He's praised 95% of the time, what would he possible get defensive about? The guy is a "screecher" when he sings. He has NEVER gone without doing it and yet NO ONE says anything about that. How many times have the judges mentioned contestants "screaming and shouting" the song, but somehow Lambert gets a pass. He's got it a lot easier from the judges than the rest of the contestants.
    I don't know that the whole panel is completely sold on Adam yet. Simon has always thought he was too theatrical and Kara was also on the fence because she didn't feel he connected with his songs. Kara gave her share of criticism to him in the beginning and I'm still not sure she's 100% on board and Simon's only starting to come around so I wouldn't say he doesn't get his share of criticism. Not everybody was enamored with "Ring of Fire", for example.

And while I respect your opinion about the screeching, it really does show how polarizing he is. The so-called 'screeching' is what I love and look forward to most. He knows when to interject it at just the right moment. It's what makes him unique from the others. I think it's probably why "Tracks of my Tears" - while good - was my least favorite performance so far. I don't enjoy passive Adam as much as I do dynamic Adam.

This season has by FAR been the most predictable and disappointing yet.
    After last season, I don't presume anything to be predictable on this show anymore. Many of us were certain Archuleta had it in the bag about this time...then Cook came to the forefront just as Kris is starting to do now. God knows who'll take this thing!

I got Megan's studio version of Turn Your Lights Down Low and my dog started barking at the parts where she's practically yodelling I turned it off and he stopped!

Speaking of her, the news reporters and such are all going on about how much of an ass Simon was to her, and that she was so happy to leave. Um, she is the one who cawed to her chair, (and got the other contestants- Allison, Anoop and Kris- to caw too which pissed Simon off) and said she didn't care about Simon's opinion. She might've been saved if she'd kept her mouth shut and hadn't acted like a twit all night. And Castro was the happiest ever to go. He laughed all through his farewell song . Megan cried. So Castro wins.

But I think it's hilarious they both went out with a Bob Marley song

I got Megan's studio version of Turn Your Lights Down Low and my dog started barking at the parts where she's practically yodelling I turned it off and he stopped!

Speaking of her, the news reporters and such are all going on about how much of an ass Simon was to her, and that she was so happy to leave. Um, she is the one who cawed to her chair, (and got the other contestants- Allison, Anoop and Kris- to caw too which pissed Simon off) and said she didn't care about Simon's opinion. She might've been saved if she'd kept her mouth shut and hadn't acted like a twit all night. And Castro was the happiest ever to go. He laughed all through his farewell song . Megan cried. So Castro wins.

But I think it's hilarious they both went out with a Bob Marley song

They showed a video clip on EXTRA of Megan going up to Simon after the show and saying to him "I was ready to go home to my baby".

and said she didn't care about Simon's opinion. She might've been saved if she'd kept her mouth shut and hadn't acted like a twit all night. And Castro was the happiest ever to go. He laughed all through his farewell song.
    I personally don't think it would have mattered whether she kept her mouth shut or not...I mean they didn't even save Alexis Grace who would have been more worth saving...I think it's pretty apparent that the judges probably won't use the save until the near end and most likely it'll be used on either A.) Danny B.) Adam or C.) Lil Rounds IF/when their fanbase gets lazy like Chris Daughtry's did in season 5...oh boy.

Yeah and Jason Castro always seemed happy.

That kid was definitely a stoner.

I remember this elimination like it was yesterday.

*sigh* Ah and I can only hope the same thing happens to Danny and Adam.

[youtube=a49P7fSL32U]Idol Shocker![/youtube]

Elite Member

[youtube=a49P7fSL32U]Idol Shocker![/youtube]
    I think Daughtry paved the way for 'the rocker'. Once he was voted off, it was a wake up call to America.....and finally along came Cook and no one was going to mess up again. That said, out of the 3 remaining, the finalists should have been Elliot and Katherine...Hicks should have been nowhere near that Top 3.

ughhhhhhh i hated hated hated Katherine McFee. its too bad Daughtry didnt win, but for the time, after Chris was voted off, i think Taylor was the right choice. he was a people pleaser for the show.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have both Elliot and Daughtry on my IPod, I started out liking Taylor Hicks but he lost me mid way.

I haven't liked one song David A has put out come to think of it I haven't liked one song David Cook has put out either

Carrie Underwood just won The Entertainer of the year.. thats a major in country music where men usually win and women never even get nominated!!!!!

I loved Cook on the show, loved all his covers especially 'Hello' (Lionel Richie) - that blew my mind. But I couldn't get into his album. I thought the song he performed on Idol the other night was boring.

Ryan Seacrest interviewed Miley, who is performing on Idol this week, and she goes 'Adam said I'm gorgeous' and Ryan the moron implies he was trying to pick her up and says 'How did you feel about that when he said it?' and she says 'Isn't he...... oh'. Then quickly says 'He's not my type. He wears eyeliner'.

Ryan is an idiot. He's gay, he should know that complimenting a woman isn't code for 'I want to fuck you'. Then they went on to discuss that the idol hair people are pissed at Adam for using too much hair dye and product because 'his hair is dry and breaking off'. Oh Ryan you're so gay! What straight man gives a shit about another guy's dry hair? Ryan has the inside scoop on the important stuff!

What is the theme for this weeks show?? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    What is the theme for this weeks show?? Anyone know?
    I believe it's songs from the year in which the contestants were born.

The only one I'm looking forwar to then is the sixteen year old since all the rest will be 80's techno pop. Has the song selection been issued yet?
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Dork.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Thread Information