Page 39 of 101 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

I love Lady Gaga! Man she is NUTS but she is awesome. Thats exactly what I want Adam to be doing up there, hopefully he was taking notes. He is a fan of hers so I hope he follows in her footsteps in the coming weeks. But I think he actually cares about winning so he won't deliberately piss off the producers, judges, or half of America like he did with 'Ring of Fire'.

'American Idol': On the scene for Top 9 results night | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

The response in the soundstage was, as they say, off the hizzle -- and for us, her vocals were much stronger than what you heard on TV, where the mix did her no favors. The sleepytime crowd was awake and alert. Adam was once again trying to keep flames from flying out of his ass as he partied on one side of the stage; Megan Joy was throwing down some Elaine Benes-caliber moves on the other. Even Debbie was dancing, and maybe my favorite part of the entire show was watching Kara DioGuardi become completely stymied by GaGa's rhythm shifts, which resulted in her jerking around like a windup toy on its last legs. Only one person seemed unaffected by the pants-off dance-off: Danny Gokey, who kind of looked confused. When the Lady finished, she classily introduced her violinist, DBR, but this got buried under all the cheering. Ry-Ry seemed a little thrown off and awkwardly asked Simon to talk about the Bottom Three, but GaGa was still on stage, and we were still cheering. When they cut to commercial, Ryan, Randy, Debbie, Kara, Paula, and Adam all made a beeline to congratulate the tiny divalette, mobbing her until she could barely be seen
    He was the only idol contestant to congratulate her. Trust Gokey to look 'confused'.

The thing about Gaga is that she is literally just a walking (dancing? ) gimmick, but she doesn't NEED to be. She's actually talented, far more talented than some of the current pop stars. It's kind of like, why are you walking around with hair bows and no pants just to get people to talk about you? You can do it with your voice and your music....

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    LOL.

Simon is NOT amused.

The look of Simon's face is priceless. lol He is not impressed. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    I HATE ADAM AND DANNY!

GRRRRRR...

Sorry just had to get that out.

I missed this before...

But sorry love, I think you're going to hate the finale show

Still hoping for a Kris win though. How about a Kris and Anoop final? How fricking sad that it's practically impossible.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I probably loathe Adam more than any person they have ever had on American Idol.
    I didn't get Gaga or Wahwah either so Danny isn't alone.

What started out as a promising season quickly has turned into crap. I don't like the 4th judge, I still can't stand Paula who other than saying you look amazing seems to have no reason for being there other than providing entertainment for Simon.

I hate to admit it but I liked Megans singing style just not her singing and she had zero stage presence so bye bye. Scot sings OK but if he wasn't the guy with the eye problem I wouldn't even know his name.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I missed this before...

But sorry love, I think you're going to hate the finale show

Still hoping for a Kris win though. How about a Kris and Anoop final? How fricking sad that it's practically impossible.
    Hmmm...

I still have a tiny bit of faith in America and that the majority will eventually see past all of the Danny and Adam hype.

However if my nightmares are confirmed and it is a Danny/Adam finale then I will have lost all faith in the American people...

Which it's quite a surprise I haven't already considering this country voted for George W. Bush...TWICE!!!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I probably loathe Adam more than any person they have ever had on American Idol.
    Whoops!

Missed this but I DO TOO!!!

Him and Danny both!

And here I didn't think i could possibly hate anyone more than Katharine McPhee...oh boy was I wrong!

*thanks the heavens above that she isn't alone*

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I don't loathe Adam by a long shot, but he is starting to grate on my nerves a bit. I think he's starting to be praised as the wonderboy a bit too much. Comparing his excellence to Jagger, really? I do think he can sing, he reminds me a bit of a Freddie Mercury type. He would do well in a band. But I'm not about to think he's the second coming. And I wonder how well his solo albums would sell, honestly. He's a good performer, singer I'm not so sure about.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

i got pissed when they compared him to Steven Tyler. Hello? i'd do Steven, but not Adam (not that he'd do a woman). and while i like Anoop, he's not going to win it. I'm really liking Kris more and more.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Which one is Adam is up for debate

lol, the one on the right looks like Kara the judge!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

I always feel sorry for the contestant when they're blamed for the OTT pimping by the judges. David Archuleta confessed that he didn't want it last year. It put incredible pressure on him and I think it's why he started to retreat a bit for the remainder of the competition after Imagine. He didn't understand what all the fuss was about and could only think "Now I have to try even that much harder". Knowing his personality, I'm sure when the OTT praise started, he wanted to crawl into a hole rather than be the centre of attention.

Same with Adam. Though by no means as shy and awkard as Archie, I doubt very much Adam wants the pimping. Everyone knows it's the death knoll. Besides, why is he to be faulted for the comparisons, etc, that the judges are imposing on him? At the very least we can thank the good Lord he is modest about it and not grinning like a banshee ala Gokey!

Honest to God, if Adam wasn't on there, this season would be dead in the water by now. He - deservedly - isn't going anywhere for a very long while!
    Last edited by Elisa; April 4th, 2009 at 06:24 AM.

I also don't believe Adam wants all the pimping. He just looks happy to be performing and does not argue with the judges.

Plus, it was good to see him acknowledge the band the other night.
    Last edited by arie_skop; April 4th, 2009 at 06:06 AM. Reason: typo

I don't know why they'd want to be praised by the judges. Once you're overrated, you're annoying. Maybe I'm just an asshole who hates seeing other people succeed, but as soon as people can't shut the hell up and stop singing someone's praises (constantly) it makes me hate them. I root for the underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    I also don't believe Adam wants all the pimping. He just looks happy to be performing and does not argue with the judges.

Plus, it was good to see him acknowledge the band the other night.
    I agree. He always seems respectful & actually listens to advice offered. I think he is more grounded than most. Never have seen him get defensive or whiny.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information