Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Megan can go caw caw,whatever that was, right the fuck out.Plenty of people would have loved to trade places with her.I loved Simon's send off.

Gokey & Lambert fuckfest can go to hell too.Gokey sounds exactly the same every week,yet he shows "artistry"...umm,yeah right.

Paula needs to stay way from the strapless dresses,the go go chair dancing..and before you leave the house,take ONE fucking piece of jewelry off.

Lil is boring me,and they need to stop biddying her up.

Cook will always be my idol...That is all.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post
    was that a typical lady gaga performance?
    That was what I was wondering. If so maybe she should drop the last 'a' in her name, IMO. Not a fan of whatever that was.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

I just watched the performances online (my stupid dvr refuses to record Idol!).

I thought Lil sounded horrible ... not just a bad song choice, she sounded OFF.

Kris was good but he is forgettable. Same with Matt - I love him but I don't think he stands out in most people's minds.

Danny might as well sing the same song every week because they all have the same tempo and seem to be interchangeable.

Scott needs to go next week. Another one that sounds the same week in and week out.

I still don't care for Adam. Put him on Broadway and he'll do fine. I just don't see the ~*briiliance*~.

I don't think Anoop was that bad. Mental image of him singing Usher is kind of hard to get past but he wasn't off key or anything (like some others def were).

I really liked Allison. She sounded great, especially at the beginning of the song. Stupid outfit but whatever, it's not like Gwen doesn't wear crazy outfits and get away with it.

Megan picked the wrong song (again). I think she knew she was going ... at that point you're probably thinking, why even fight it. She was probably already mentally at home with her baby (or at least I would be). Kind of like she wanted to be put out of her misery. I don't think they would have used the save on her even if she got on her knees and begged.

^^^ Where do you find good clips online? Just youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    Oh she totally wanted to go with that song choice. You don't sing a song like that in a singing competition, you get stoned to it. Bob Marley was also the nail in Castro's coffin last season. Her caw caw bird imitation over to the bottom three (where she should have been the last 2 weeks) was hilarious though. She totally played up to VFTW - that would have pissed Simon off, along with the 'I don't care' comment. They're totally praising her for it over there. Loved how Simon said 'swan song'
    Her brother's comment towards Kara wouldn't have gone down well either. They're saying Megan was just 'exposing this phoney show now that she has nothing to do with it anymore' but she is going on tour and is still under the AI contract until the tour ends in September. So no, she's not free to mock the show and i don't care if the show is load of scripted crap, seeing some of the other contestants playing along with Megan's cawing didn't sit well with me. Regardless of what American Idol really is, they should be grateful they're not stuck in their hometown waiting to be 'discovered; they're getting exposure, making money, and expecting to get viewers votes. Should've sent those people home with Megan.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Megan can go caw caw,whatever that was, right the fuck out.Plenty of people would have loved to trade places with her.I loved Simon's send off.
    I completely agree. She lost my respect last night, and I'm glad Simon responded the way he did. It wasn't cutesy, it was disrespectful, and yeah I was pretty pissed that some of the other contestants seemed to find it funny.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

On americanidol.com, they have the whole performances without judges commentary. It's not as good as watching the show, but it does the trick if you want to see the singing/performances.

Thanks. I searched there before and I didn't see them, but that was soon after the show so it wasn't up yet maybe. Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out when I miss episodes!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I HATE ADAM AND DANNY!

GRRRRRR...

Sorry just had to get that out.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I want Kris to win. He's totally underrated, had an amazing performance, and I'm so sick of the Gokey Lambert lovefest. the crotch area
    i am warming up to Kris as well. i was a big fan of Lil's but she's becoming too cocky for me. Maybe she'll tone it down. and i cracked up at Anoop doing his imitation of Kris. awesome!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Idol’s Megan Joy Doesn’t Care If Haters ‘Didn’t Get Me’

April 2, 2009

Megan Joy knows not everyone was a fan of her quirky style of singing and dancing on American Idol, and the day after her exit, the Sandy, Utah, native had a message for all the haters. “If you didn’t get me, I probably wouldn’t get you, so we’re even,” Joy told PEOPLE with a laugh.
    Sensing that she would be sent packing, Joy, 23, ensured that her last night on the Idol stage was a memorable one. She told judge Simon Cowell she didn’t care that he hadn’t liked her performance the previous night, and she flapped and cawed like a bird as she made her way to her Bottom 3 seat. “If I’m gonna go out, I was ready to go out with a bang,” she said of her antics. “It was [good TV], and I’m here to entertain.”
    She claimed there were no hard feelings over Cowell’s announcement that the judges would not even consider using the Judges’ Save option on her. After the show ended, Cowell joined Joy onstage and the two kissed and made up. “He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek,” Joy reported. “We both laughed, and he was like, ‘Let’s get this awkwardness over with.’ “
    She also received a message of support from two high-profile fans, Joel Madden and Nicole Richie, whom she’d met recently while out at dinner. “We’d actually exchanged numbers, and I got a really nice text from them that said I did great,” Joy said. “It made me feel really good.”
    During her relatively brief Idol run, Joy was the source of much behind-the-scenes intrigue. There was her bout with the flu that left her hooked up to an IV until a mere 30 minutes before her Country Week performance, and her brother’s heckling of Kara DioGuardi after the new judge criticized Joy’s performance this week. There were even rumors of a budding romance between Joy and fellow contestant Matt Giraud, though Joy insists there’s no truth in that. “Not at all,” said the recently divorced single mother. “We’re just friends. He has a girlfriend, and I have no interest in dating right now.” The two have, however, forged a tight bond, she says, over “just being lonely, you know, and wanting to laugh.”
    Joy’s looking forward to returning home next week to spend time with her 2-year-old son Ryder, whom she talked to on the phone every day but hasn’t seen in two months. She also plans to commemorate the Idol experience by adding to her extensive tattoo collection: “I have a lucky ring that I’ve worn since the beginning of the show [of] a heart and inside the heart is a bird with a banner [that] says, ‘Fly lightly.’ It’s kind of like my favorite saying, and I’m gonna get it [tattooed] big on my ribs.”
    Beyond that, she’s looking forward to trying her hand at writing music and finding out what the future holds. “A part of me is very sad to be done [with Idol],” she said. “I’m probably gonna cry a lot when when I have a moment. But it’s good tears too. It’s not over for me.” – Shawna Malcom
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i am warming up to Kris as well. i was a big fan of Lil's but she's becoming too cocky for me. Maybe she'll tone it down. and i cracked up at Anoop doing his imitation of Kris. awesome!
    I really liked Anoop during that impression, seems like a funny guy. Even funnier when he tries to be sexy and fails

Lil is just another one who suffers from bad song choice. She is yet to choose a good song and she's dressing too old for her age. She needs to 'young it up!'. She's getting boring.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    she flapped and cawed like a bird as she made her way to her Bottom 3 seat. “If I’m gonna go out, I was ready to go out with a bang,” she said of her antics. “It was [good TV], and I’m here to entertain.”
    uh, it was NOT good tv. she failed miserably at entertaining. stupid ass.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

VFTW plan to choose Allison now that she's proved she hates the show by being loyal to it's antagonists. Good, hopefully she'll court the vote and continue to be awful. (Sorry but I HATE her voice and she butchered Don't Speak, i had to listen to Gwen do it the right way 500 times afterwards.)

Megan wasnt even good enough to warrant such a shitty attitude. i'm not even going to try to win tickets to the tour this year. i went last year, and had an absolute blast, i cant see that happening this year.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

LOL.

Simon is NOT amused.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I want to believe that was also Simon's reaction to Lady Gaga. I actually kinda like her, and I LOVE that she is literally everything the judges hate to see on the show, and there she was performing at the full level of crazy gimmick on their stage. I noticed they were very sure not to pan to the judges during it.

Thread Information