Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

The group sing tonight was atrocious.

Why the hell wasn't Megan in the bottom 3!?

Ok, well dial idol is wrong. Now I'm convinced the phone votes hardly matter.

Matt in the bottom?? Fuck off! If they were going to do a stupid trick like that they should have made it Gokey. I'd love to see the smug look vanish.

Dont get me wrong I'm glad Sarver is gone, but America are still voting like shitheads. (OK, I only disagreed with one of the bottom three, but anyway..)

Oh and I loved that Adam has painted his nails black again already haha. I prefer rocker Adam way more than what he did last night.

i just didnt get why Megan wasnt in the bottom. i was really surprised that Matt was in the bottom, he was good. well, the people that fix Idol wanted to mix it up. its okay, i would still watch.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^Thats what I reckon happens. Cuz all over the net everyone was saying Bottom 3; Megan, Scott, Michael. They need to keep the show interesting and *snort* unpredictable I guess. It's not like the 'shock' bottom 3 person is actually going home (like Allison last week). I hope they dont pull this shit every week.

I have a bad feeling Megan is this years Castro. There til the end because like Castro she's the votefortheworst pick. And I reckon she's in on it too because every week she's wearing something on her to do with birds and they call her the VFTW Songbird ever since her CAW CAW! at the end of Rockin Robin lol. I dont think shes taking the competition seriously, she's just playing it up and she knows she's getting the VFTW vote for it... she's no dummy.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; March 27th, 2009 at 04:53 AM.

Everyone has either Lambert or Gokey winning this thing, so really, it doesn't matter if the others try..and they know it. Have you ever looked at Anoop's face when the judges give him positive feedback? It's like he just doesn't care, as if he knows/thinks he's not going to actually take first place.

Personally, I would have Lambert for the win. I don't like the way he sings and I would never buy his CD. I really liked Gokey for this, but with each passing episode, he does seem more smug; I don't like that. I'm beginning to want to smack him when Paula and Kara start kissing his ass.

I would LOVE Kris to win this.

^You're so right. The other contestants would know they have no chance and are just next in line to go.

I want Kris to win too. He was so cute tonight when he assumed he was in the bottom three. I almost died thinking he was right because when he started to move Ryan didn't stop him straight away. That asshole is going to give me a heart attack.

They should put Gokey AND adam in the bottom next week along with Scott (who is probably the next to go.) since 'What the fuck!?' is the viewer reaction whoever fixes the show is going for.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; March 27th, 2009 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Everyone has either Lambert or Gokey winning this thing, so really, it doesn't matter if the others try..and they know it. Have you ever looked at Anoop's face when the judges give him positive feedback? It's like he just doesn't care, as if he knows/thinks he's not going to actually take first place.

Personally, I would have Lambert for the win. I don't like the way he sings and I would never buy his CD. I really liked Gokey for this, but with each passing episode, he does seem more smug; I don't like that. I'm beginning to want to smack him when Paula and Kara start kissing his ass.

I would LOVE Kris to win this.
    I think it's really too early to predict a winner...too much can happen. Idol's known for hyping performers only to turn on them or go for the "shocking" elimination. (And I'm hoping this year it'll be GOKEY..)

IIRC, David Cook wasn't a front-runner going into the top 10. He just kinda slowly but surely won people over every week.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

David Cook and Lady Gaga are performing at next weeks results show.

What's next week's theme?

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i just didnt get why Megan wasnt in the bottom. i was really surprised that Matt was in the bottom, he was good. well, the people that fix Idol wanted to mix it up. its okay, i would still watch.
    ITA, the producers did not actually have the bottom 3 as the bottom 3. They threw Matt in there for shock value.

And yeah, Gokey is getting smug. When they announced Adam was safe, he looked over to the judges and mouthed the words "thank you" a couple times. When they announced Gokey was safe, he just had that smug look like "of course I'm safe".

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    ITA, the producers did not actually have the bottom 3 as the bottom 3. They threw Matt in there for shock value.
    Who were the actual bottom three? You can't go by DialIdol.com because you have to take into account the text messages and the fact that the system is not 100%.

It didn't surprise me who the bottom three were. Matt did sing better than Megan, no doubt, but he doesn't have "it". His fan base is not what Megan's must be (wanna-be Megans and teenage boys probably... and she a huge fan base voting on her just because of that "vote for the worst" site). Unfortunately, this is a popularity contest, just as much as it is a singing competition.

I thought putting Scott in the bottom...making the poor guy walk across the stage, then back again was just ridiculous. They should have put someone else in his place. Unless he's one of the bottom two, leaving the guy sitting on the bench unless he actually has to go home.

See, just like David Cook, I don't see Danny as smug or arrogant, either. I just don't see it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Listening to Joss Stone, i think Megan sings like her, the same way of enunciation. But that stupid wiggle is just ridiculous. also, did anyone see a resemblance between her and Connie Stevens?

Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I thought Megan sings like Joss Stone too!

I'm the opposite of ya'll. I love Megan (although she has been picking wrong songs), and I can't stand Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    omg the lip synching in the group number was HIDEOUS!!!!!!!! and i'm sorry, but poor Scott just has no clue how to lip synch, they should NEVER have done it!
    But he can't really do the choreography either ...

The thing about the elimination is that Ryan rarely actually says those people got the lowest number of votes. If you listen closely, the wording is tricky. I wouldn't be surprised to see something in the fine print referring to the "bottom 3" not actually being the lowest vote getters. Not that I even believe the vote tallies totally determine the eliminations ...

*points proudly to Icon*

ANOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

Shit, I don't even care if he DOESN'T win...although I'd really love him to but JUST as long as Danny 'my wife died so vote for me...OR ELSE' Gokey or Adam 'i wear tight pants, eyeliner and have aaamazing hair so lyke vote 4 me, k!?' Lambert don't win I'll be good!!!

Preferably if Anoop can't knock out those two nimrods I'd give my votes to Matt G.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Thread Information