Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Elite Member

There was just way too much drama last night. So, so glad that Nancy Wilson got what was coming to her. The other girl, Kristen, was much too meek and mild mannered. I would have bitch slapped that woman! Kristen came out smelling like a rose. Nancy...not so much.

I think it's obvious who the frontrunners are. I agree it will be a guys' year again. Adam Lambert and Danny Gokey are the two standouts - by a mile - for me. Jamar, Danny's best friend, is right behind them.
    Last edited by Elisa; February 6th, 2009 at 08:54 AM.

i am sooooooooooo glad that stupid ass Bikini Girl is gone! and the girl that was the hippie is gone. did you guys see the bottoms of her feet? she was barefoot everywhere. they were black!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Default Contestant Joanna Pacitti may have ties to 2 ex

Contestant Joanna Pacitti may have ties to 2 executives for 19
    Entertainment, which produces AI:

Star Magazine | News | American Idol Scandal, Season 8, Joanna Pacitti, 19 Entertainment, Michelle Young, Roger Widynowski

Exclusive: American Idol's Biggest Scandal Ever
    February 5, 2009

Talk about having a competitive edge! American Idol contestant Joanna Pacitti has superclose ties to not one but two American Idol execs.
    In the Feb.16 issue of Star on sale now we report that the Season 8 contestant is no newcomer to the business, having released a major label album in 2006, starred in a MTV documentary, opened for Sheryl Crow and having her songs featured in movies and TV shows, including The Hills. But that's nothing compared to her connection to two executives at the L.A. offices of 19 Entertainment the company that produces Idol.

An insider tells Star that Michelle Young and Roger Widynowski have very personal connections to the Idol hopeful, all of which we detail in our can't miss story. How personal? Well, Joanna has referred to Michelle as her "manager" and "best friend," and credited Roger with "helping me get where I am today." Plus, the three of them even lived in the same L.A. apartment complex for several years.

Having two ins with Idol's production company could give the 24-year-old wannabe star seen as a shoo-in for the final 36 an advantage that the rest of the contestants don't have.

"It really seems unfair," an insider tells Star.

^^^ Was she featured in last nights episode? I didn't notice her and actually had forgotten all about her.

Soooo...it's another Carly Smithson/Hennessey.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I really like the young guy who lost his wife (to cancer?) and his friend, and the young single mom with the beautiful bluesy voice. Not really sure about anyone else yet. There was one girl in the divas group, a really pretty black girl who got through, that I kind of like as well. I am so, so, so glad Bikini Girl got the boot. It was obvious she was still there because Simon and Randy were trying to piss off Kara. She had no skills whatsoever and it pissed me off that they let go of much better singers than her. I was so pissed at her last night when she pulled that diva behavior and said she wanted to go to sleep, and then refused to wake up. I would have told her to go fuck herself. I felt for her group when she finally showed up and they had to teach everything to her, I wish they could have just cut her out. And what about that other girl with the weird laugh - what a psycho bitch! Wow, she was crazy as all hell. And why did they let her group through? They sounded horrible!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    And what about that other girl with the weird laugh - what a psycho bitch! Wow, she was crazy as all hell. And why did they let her group through? They sounded horrible!
    Yeah, that Tatiana one is psycho and incredibly annoying. I don't know if I could tolerate watching this season knowing she's going to be in it. Nate's another one whose crying drives me insane. What a whimp....and the show hasn't even started yet.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've never liked the drama of the show...those talentedless people who slip through, taking the spot of someone truly talented, so that we can have a good laugh and be 'entertained'. I think this is where AI loses it's credibility. Putting Bikini Girl through was laughable.

I want to see serious singers with good attitudes - much like David Archuleta and David Cook had - in the mix. Those like Katrina, Nate, Tatiana, Nancy.....I have no idea how any of these non-deserving divas made it to Hollywood.

Isn't there always a fucking drama with this show?

I hate how they showed all the backstage crap... I just want to see singing. Apparently all the contestants, when they get to top 12, will be living in the same house. Which means more drama... we won't see it, but you'll able to tell on the show. I think they were pissed off last year that everyone genuinely seemed to be friends.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I think they were pissed off last year that everyone genuinely seemed to be friends.
    I completely agree with you there. I think they're making a big mistake this year focusing so much on the drama. Fans are screaming for more music and what do they do? Decide they need to stick them all in a house together to add to the tension. Expects this years one hour results show to be full of even more filler than usual.

I think last year was such a success because AI went back to the grassroots -talent. The two Davids were, arguably, the most popular top two since Ruben and Clay. Both were amazingly talented, likeable, focused on themselves and not the competition and were genuinely good friends. You found yourself rooting for both of them and, as Simon said, not really caring who of the two won as both were sincerely deserving of the title.

I think my fave Adam Lambert is going to be very entertaining this season. Check out the many faces of Adam here.

Fame Watcher: The Many Faces of American Idol's Adam Lambert II
    Last edited by Elisa; February 6th, 2009 at 05:17 PM.

Vote for the Worst has a list up that they believe is confirmed of the final 36 from an inside source. I really hope its not right. Theres at least one name missing that I wanted to push through and one person on there that I would claw my eyes out if they made it through. VFTW will probably decide to vote for that person as well, it sucks.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Ok, abit of proof the show is bullshit.

They know each other apparently.

That Adam Lambert is gay.. he's out, but apparently he won't be out on the show, for the sake of votes, etc. Pfft!

I thought it was pretty obvious Adam Lambert was gay. The only ones who will be fooled are the young emo fangirls.

So glad that bitch bikini girl is gone. She was rude and acted like a diva. I totally felt bad for her group, she screwed them over big time.

Elite Member

Adam Lambert makes no secret of the fact he's gay. He even makes reference to it in a YouTube video. I see him being exactly who he is throughout the show.

If the producers don't interfere that is.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i am sooooooooooo glad that stupid ass Bikini Girl is gone! and the girl that was the hippie is gone. did you guys see the bottoms of her feet? she was barefoot everywhere. they were black!

I missed the last show. I am glad to her the hippie girl is gone - her voice wasnt strong enough and the feet were so disgusting. She needs to wear shoes.

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information