Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

i hope that in the weeks to come, that Adam tries to mix it up. he's the same every week, screech, screech, screech. All of the other peeps get it when they dont change it up, so why is he allowed to get away with it?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Ugh,sorry him and Gokey get on my motherfucking nerves.

Allison did not deserve to be in the bottom three!
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I can't fucking stand Adam!!! He does screech every week. And I'm gonna puke if I have to see his nasty ass tongue again when he sticks it out to hit one of his screeches. It's always white or green. sick

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    Didn't someone post on here saying Dialidol.com had Alexis in last place?
    She was in last place...

DialIdol.com - Measuring the busy signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Michael was the third person in the bottom three. I was CERTAIN when Seacrest sent Allison back to the group and Alexis and Michael were left, that it would be Michael going home.

When asked by Seacrest, if the judges would save one of the two, Simon said they would consider one of them. When It was announced that Alexis was to go home, Simon had said that it was her they considered (not Michael, which would make him realize that they will never save him if it comes down to it again) but, by her second performance of "Jolene" they decided she wasn't the ONE worth saving.
    Thanks!

I am really getting sick of Adam and the way he's being pimped. Its obvious that he thinks he's safe at this point, I hope he gets knocked off his pedestal a bit.

And Michael needs to go home next.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

MSNBC.com

‘American Idol’ contestants head to Motown
    The singers got tips from Berry Gordy Jr. and singer Smokey Robinson

The Associated Press
    updated 4:32 p.m. PT, Thurs., March. 19, 2009

American Idol contestants, from left, Matt Giraud, of Kalamazoo, Mich., Lil Rounds, of Memphis, Tenn., Anoop Desai, of Chapel Hill, N.C., and Adam Lambert, of Los Angeles arrive at Hitsville USA's famed Studio A to film a segment in Detroit on March 19. The contestants were mentored by a pair of Motown legends, founder Berry Gordy Jr. and singer Smokey Robinson.
    American Idol Motown - Photos, Pictures, Images - msnbc.com

DETROIT - The road to potential stardom for “American Idol” finalists led them to Motown’s famed Hitsville USA.

The contestants on the popular Fox singing competition came to Studio A — the room at the Motown Historical Museum that once served as Motown Records hit-making factory. They worked with label founder Berry Gordy Jr. and singer Smokey Robinson on the Motown classics, and to film segments that will air on the show next Wednesday.

Among the hopefuls was Michigan native Matt Giraud, a 23-year-old dueling piano player from Kalamazoo.

The set was closed to the media and public, but the contestants and Motown legends greeted fans and reporters before and after the sessions on the front lawn of the former studio on West Grand Boulevard. The building was a 24-hour-a-day music mill that churned out songs between 1959 and 1972 by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, the Temptations, Four Tops, Stevie Wonder, The Supremes, the Jackson 5 and many others.

“Idol,” making its first visit to Detroit since Season 2 auditions, is paying tribute to the label as it celebrates its 50th anniversary. Contestants will sing their own versions of classic Motown tunes and Robinson will perform on the following night’s show.

Robinson, whose hits with the Miracles included “Tears of a Clown,” “You Really Got a Hold on Me” and “I Second That Emotion,” said it was “wonderful, absolutely wonderful” to hear the Idol contestants in the studio where he said his “real life began.”

Gordy, who started Motown in 1959 and moved it to Los Angeles in 1972, said the “Idol” singers appear to be handling the spotlight well so far. But he and Robinson told the “Idol” singers to keep their humility and sense of who they are as the competition intensifies.

“They’re starting on a much higher mountain,” he said. “We started from the floor and they should be grateful for that and the competition, and how to be gracious winners and gracious losers.”

Gordy and Robinson left in the afternoon to return to Los Angeles where Friday Robinson and the Miracles are to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Gordy and Wonder are scheduled to speak at the ceremony.

© 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: ‘American Idol’ contestants head to Motown - American Idol- msnbc.com

MSN Privacy . Legal
    © 2009 MSNBC.com

Oh God.I shudder at what Adam will do.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Oh God.I shudder at what Adam will do.
    IA. I find him very talented and I enjoy his voice, but that 'Ring of Fire' was definitely not his finest hour. It was a brave and risky performance and I'll give him his due for that, but amazing it was not.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I am really getting sick of Adam and the way he's being pimped. Its obvious that he thinks he's safe at this point, I hope he gets knocked off his pedestal a bit.
    I think Danny is a lot more pimped than Adam. Adam got a tongue lashing this week with his performance, but Danny - whose rendition of Jesus Take the Wheel sucked - got the usual fawning. The biggest difference between Adam and Danny is Danny has a huge ego whereas Adam at least shows some humility. I'm sure Adam knows he has a pretty good shot at the title - and in fairness, he does. I think Danny believes he's entitled to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I think Danny is a lot more pimped than Adam. Adam got a tongue lashing this week with his performance, but Danny - whose rendition of Jesus Take the Wheel sucked - got the usual fawning. The biggest difference between Adam and Danny is Danny has a huge ego whereas Adam at least shows some humility. I'm sure Adam knows he has a pretty good shot at the title - and in fairness, he does. I think Danny believes he's entitled to it.
    It's funny you say that about Adam and Danny. I get the exact opposite feeling from those two. Danny seems humble and Adam seems to have the massive, irritating ego.

With the way they performed, that is really just subjective. I thought Adam deserved what he got; his performance sucked big time. Gokey's started out bad, but he picked it up, I thought (I hate that song, by the way).

They both have a good chance of winning. I had Gokey for the win since the very first day I saw him - during auditions. But, as the show progresses, I would really like to see Kris make it. After all, that kid didn't get any air time prior to the live shows, whereas I think every other one of the remaining contestants did. He's liked solely on his performances - which really are good, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah,I get the impression Adam believes he's awesome.Even going back to to Hollywood week,(he did Cher's Believe)he seems to not give a crap when given criticism.I think he thinks he's so artistic and that people "don't get it".

Ah crap,what do I know
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    With the way they performed, that is really just subjective. I thought Adam deserved what he got; his performance sucked big time. Gokey's started out bad, but he picked it up, I thought (I hate that song, by the way).

They both have a good chance of winning.
    I agree, Icepik, it's all subjective. I look at Adam and I see 'superstar'. He's got the whole package....and he's different. That's why I floved Ring of Fire. I love how he adds his uniqueness to any song. I anticipate his performances more than anyone else because I can't wait to see what he brings to the stage. I don't necessarily dislike Danny. I think the finale will come down to the two of them....but personally, I prefer and respect Adam's talent and personality a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Yeah,I get the impression Adam believes he's awesome.Even going back to to Hollywood week,(he did Cher's Believe)he seems to not give a crap when given criticism.I think he thinks he's so artistic and that people "don't get it".
    I see it a bit differently. I think Kara's early criticism about him not 'feeling' a connection to his songs really bothered him. So much so, he sought her out to get more feedback. I think he's willing to take criticism and learn. He's referenced this a few times. Still, I also think he knows exactly who he is and what he's about and so long as they don't try to change his style, he's probably willing to make some adjustments. He was right on when he said people will either love him or hate him. He is polarizing and that he acknowledges it shows at least a self awareness.
    Last edited by Elisa; March 20th, 2009 at 11:55 AM.

IMO, the point of theme nights is to go beyond your normal boundaries and see how you do in another genre. Adam just took the song, and re-worked it to what he is comfortable doing. That, to me, is unfair. In that case, Lil Rounds should have just done a blues or R & B version of her song, rather than make an attempt at country. Adam didn't even make an attempt, and I think if he had, he would have done fairly well. It's like, what was the point of Country night if you're not even going to bother singing in the style of the genre? On Motown night, is he just going to take a Smokey song and convert it to rock opera for his benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    IMO, the point of theme nights is to go beyond your normal boundaries and see how you do in another genre. Adam just took the song, and re-worked it to what he is comfortable doing. That, to me, is unfair. In that case, Lil Rounds should have just done a blues or R & B version of her song, rather than make an attempt at country. Adam didn't even make an attempt, and I think if he had, he would have done fairly well. It's like, what was the point of Country night if you're not even going to bother singing in the style of the genre? On Motown night, is he just going to take a Smokey song and convert it to rock opera for his benefit?
    I agree. I think the point of these different shows is to showcase that the artist has range. Adam is kind of a one-note pony. He does do what he does well, but he doesn't ever break out of the box. To me, its kind of annoying. Can he actually sing a song without screeching? If you have true talent, you should be able to adapt to different genres, not always bend the song to adapt to you.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I don't think any of them sounded country. It was the most un-country country night that AI ever had. Danny's version of Jesus take the wheel sounded like contemporary christian music. Everything piano dude does (the blind one, can't remember his name because he is so dull) sounds like watered-down Bruce Hornsby.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Thread Information