Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I liked Anoop in the beginning too. I think Megan is really pretty even with that crap sleeve she shoves in our faces (so over tats) But the two of them are the worse in the group. After they go it's going to be hard to watch them leave. Scott really did a good job. They are pushing Adam this year which makes me not like him, he has been on stage a lot and it shows. There are 4 that I really don't want to see leave, Lil Rounds, blonde with pink hair, guy whose wife passed away, blues singer guy with piano. I don't bother learning names til they get to the top 5. LOL
    I have the names for ya, GaPeach :-)
    The blonde w/ pink hair is Alexis Grace,
    Guy whose wife passed away is Danny
    Blues singer guy w/ piano is Matt Giraud.

BTW I am in total agreement with your statement. Megan is very pretty but yeah, I can't get past the tat sleeve, it ruins her look IMO. Love Lil Rounds, I hope she goes far, it's sad about her house and the tornado. Hey, did you happen to notice there are alot more hard luck stories this year than in previous years?

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    Hey, did you happen to notice there are alot more hard luck stories this year than in previous years?
    i think they found out the sob stories sell, thats why they've got more of them.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

It's all sympathy vote material!

Megan's very pretty but her spastic tourrette's dancing bugs me.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I hate this weeks theme, assuming that Vote for the Worst site is correct. Gaaah!

Highlight below if you want to know because I typed it in white.

COUNTRY

Elite Member

First of all, Kanye sucks big time. What was that mess on the show? Is this the same guy who thinks he's the second coming of Christ? That was probably one of the worst performances I ever witnessed.

I just got to catch last week's show now and I have to ask: How can Adam Lambert not win this? This guy is amazingly talented and he knows how to work the audience into a frenzy. I find myself looking forward to his performances most every week. What I enjoy most about him is that he has a quiet confidence and a lack of ego unlike Danny. I.love.him.

They are pushing Adam this year which makes me not like him, he has been on stage a lot and it shows.
    The fact that he has some stage experience doesn't bother me at all and I don't think it's an unfair advantage whatsoever. The way I see it, each contestant has a strength and a weakness. He's at a disadvantage when contestants perform using instruments since he doesn't play one. Adam has phenomenal stage presence due to his theatre background, but Matt, for example, uses his piano to his advantage and the judges oohh and aahhh about that and no one seems to have a problem with it. I actually think Adam deserves the praise he gets. He's saving the season.

If Adam had been discovered and signed previously and was returning for a last kick at the can (a la Joanna), then I'd have a problem with him. I agree with Paula in that in spite of his amateur stage and performance experience, I can't believe he hasn't already been scooped up over the years. He really is what AI is all about.

Umm,yeah,but it does take talent to know an instrument too

He knows how to work a stage,but his singing sounds like screeching to me,but hey,different strokes,right?
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    That was my point....instrument playing is some of the other contestants strengths, but not one of Adams. Why do some think it's unfair for Adam to have stage experience, but not unfair for Matt to come on with his piano that, in my opinion, adds to his performance since he's not what I'd call a great singer?

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post

He knows how to work a stage,but his singing sounds like screeching to me,but hey,different strokes,right?

I agree. I enjoy his performances, but if he didn't know how to work the stage like he does, the voice alone would be torture. He sounds like he's crying sometimes! David Cook still has one of the best male singing voices I've ever heard and none of the men in the competition this year (or last year) even came close. But again, different strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Megan's very pretty but her spastic tourrette's dancing bugs me.
    isnt it hysterical? its a stupid little twist, and i bust out laughing the entire time, and couldnt even tell you what she sang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post

I just got to catch last week's show now and I have to ask: How can Adam Lambert not win this?
    i cannot stand his screaming. If he sang something once without screaming i might like him. My fave is Lil Rounds.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i cannot stand his screaming. If he sang something once without screaming i might like him. My fave is Lil Rounds.
    I completely agree. He has that screaming/screeching singing voice that guys in heavy metal bands do. I hate it.

New York (ANI): A loudmouth on the sets of ‘American Idol’ has claimed that the producers and judges of the show have already decided which contestants will make it to the final four in the competition. One of the lady staffers has said that the bosses on the show have already picked the final four contestants, and that too when 11 contestants are still battling to be the latest pop star.

“(She told a) group of people that the last four are going to be Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds, Adam Lambert and Alexis Grace,” the New York Daily quoted an insider as saying. When asked if that was her opinion or actual fact, she vehemently retorted, “Those ARE the people,” claiming it was from being a speculation. The woman also claimed that higher-ups at the hit Fox show were taking an issue with two of the top contenders.

“Adam Lambert and Lil Rounds are better singers and musicians than Gokey and Grace, but they’re too much like past winners and ‘A’ successes,” said the woman. She added: “Adam’s too close in style and sound to Chris Daughtry, while Lil Rounds is a dead ringer for Fantasia. Even their background stories are similar! The producers really want it to be Danny or Alexis. They think they’re very commercially viable, have a good image and a great story.” However, Fox’s representatives refused to comment on the allegations.

Well damn. There goes my hope that cocky gokey will go home this week.

American Idol | Final Four | Danny Gokey | Lil Rounds | Adam Lambert | Alexis Grace - Oneindia Entertainment

She added: “Adam’s too close in style and sound to Chris Daughtry...
    WTF?? In what universe are Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry "close in style"?

I mean, to me, Adam is sort of Freddie Mercury glam rock or metal. While Daughtry is more Nickelback or classic rock. They seem nothing alike to me.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

I liked Adam's Ring of Fire! Megga different.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I liked Adam's Ring of Fire! Megga different.

Can't believe that was the same guy from last week. Weird performance. I wish he had done a Presley song, he kinda looks like him. Different is good but the performannce left most people confused.

Thread Information