Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8 - 2009

Hmmm, so...what's the big "change" they were talking about last night, involving the judges? I read this post, on Vote for the Worst:

My guess is they copy from the X Factor like they have already started doing. My GF and I downloaded a couple of X factors to see the difference.

X factor - 4 judges
    Idol - now has 4 judges

X factor - Lame judges intro
    Idol - New lame judges intro

X factor - Bottom 2 sing for their life and the judges vote who stays
    Idol - I think will change to this

Do you think they're changing the voting process? As if they don't manipulate the vote already?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think you're right, Trixiebelle (about the singing for their life thing). At first I had thought maybe the judges would be able to override whatever the votes say (e.g. if someone is supposed to get booted that they don't want to go, then they get to veto it). But, like you said, they probably do that already, just not openly.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

If singing for their lives is the big change I'm all for it. I think it was about time for something different. The last few idols aren't exactly impressive.

But do you guys really think they can veto someone to go home?

Well, it wouldn't bother me if the judges were more involved, since it seems every season there's someone sent home too soon and someone who they just can't get rid of. But since the whole show is centered on "America's Vote!" people who are into the whole voting thing might lose interest in the show.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Paula looked like a stoned swan. It was pretty entertaining to watch her at least.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

A sparkly, twinkly stoned swan. Based on the way her eyes looked, I expected her to slur, but she didn't. Maybe they were just heavy looking because of all the glitter.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Hmmm, so...what's the big "change" they were talking about last night, involving the judges? I read this post, on Vote for the Worst:

My guess is they copy from the X Factor like they have already started doing. My GF and I downloaded a couple of X factors to see the difference.

X factor - 4 judges
    Idol - now has 4 judges

X factor - Lame judges intro
    Idol - New lame judges intro

X factor - Bottom 2 sing for their life and the judges vote who stays
    Idol - I think will change to this

Do you think they're changing the voting process? As if they don't manipulate the vote already?
    'American Idol' producer reveals additional details about the "big surprise" - Reality TV World - News, information, episode summaries, message boards, chat and games for unscripted television programs
    'American Idol' producer: Rules change designed to solve long-time problem
    By Steve Rogers, 03/11/2009

American Idol producer Ken Warwick seems to have let the cat out of the bag about tonight's announcement of the "big surprise" that may "alter the face of" the show's eighth season.

According to Warwick, tonight's announcement will reveal a rule change that is intended to solve a problem that has vexed the Idol's producers since the show's inception.

"It's because of a problem, actually, that's been around since Season 1," Warwick told Idol host Ryan Seacrest during a Tuesday morning appearance on Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show. "And we've talked about doing something about it -- in fact we tried it in another country to see if it would work first, we tried it in France -- and it does work so we're going to put that into work tonight."

Warwick's comments would appear to refer to Nouvelle Star, the French Idol edition that premiered in France in 2003 and is also produced by American Idol's FremantleMedia production company.

Last year, Nouvelle Star introduced a new twist in which the judges were given a one-time veto power right which allowed them save a contestant that had been eliminated based on home viewer voting at any point during the season. The French judges ended up using it during the season's very first finals round, resulting in no one going home that week.

American Idol's judges presumably wouldn't be as trigger-happy, opting instead to save the veto right for use during one of the unexpected eliminations (Tamyra Gray, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Michael Johns, etc.) that seems to occur during each Idol season's later rounds.

Seacrest and Idol judge Simon Cowell had teased the announcement at the conclusion of last night's live Top 13 performance show.

"Tomorrow night, [we'll announce] a surprise change to the rules that could alter the face of the competition," Seacrest said before asking Idol Cowell if he felt viewers would like the change.

"Well it involves us [judges], so I'm not sure," Simon responded.

"It kind of changes the entire theme and concept of the show," Ryan told Simon.

"You'll see tomorrow," said Simon.

During his interview with Seacrest, Warwick also reiterated last night's announcement that two Top 13 finalists will be eliminated on tonight's results show.

"Obviously two are going to go today, which is kind of a change-up, but we can cope with that, that's fine," Warwick said. "It's the new rule that is going to come up tonight that is going to be the big talking point."

Fox reality chief Mike Darnell had first teased the "big surprise" back in January.

"There's a big surprise coming when we get to the Top 12, but I can't reveal it right now," he told TV Week at the time. "It is something that will be talked about and is something I think that has some element of controversy surrounding it."

While Darnell had declined to reveal specifics about the eighth-season surprise, he had hinted that it would not impact the show's "core."

"It's not going to change what you think of American Idol and we don't want to do that," he told TV Week. "This show is, you know, a phenomenon. It's American, it's apple pie. We're not changing the core of the show."

Well mIss blabbermouth Hasselbeck was at the show last night and says they dont want a Sanjaya repeat so the judges will be playing a role in who remains and who doesnt
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

If that's true I think I would have preferred the X-factor twist with the bottom two battling it out.

Hit By Ban Bus!

there are some really good singers this year, I'd say about 6.

My favorite however was one of the few last night that sucked her Dirty Diana was a mess.

Megan has terrible stage presence and can't pick a good song, she needs to take her Barbie butt home.

What the heck is with all these hard luck stories this year? For the love folks...

That sucks. America should have the vote, not the judges. Its half the appeal of the show.

Anyone know the name of the song that Allison (bright red haired girl) sang?

I'm ok with who went home. I dont' think the judges should have saved them, I'm glad they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Anyone know the name of the song that Allison (bright red haired girl) sang?
    Give in to me by Michael Jackson.

Kanye West sucks live,Kelly was ok.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Thread Information