Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364 LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

A*O

So what if he is gay. Is it equally "unfair" to assume he's straight? I would seriously like to know if these celebs think it's going to damage their careers if they come out because as far as I can see nobody really gives a crap either way. Being all coy and evasive about it does far more damage IMO. But if he is gay and he's from a strict Mormon (anti gay) background and has a control freak dad then he's got a problem. Anthony Callea finally came out (oh shock, surprise) and it didn't harm his career at all, in fact it probably made people like him more for being honest.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

It wouldn't matter to me at all if Archuleta is gay, but personally I don't think he is. He's definitely shy, awkward, incredibly wholesome, moral, pure...all that stuff we're not used to seeing in someone of 17...but there's been nothing to make me think he's gay. I think his innocence makes people presume he's gay. In articles I've read or interviews I've seen, he comes off as someone with a good head on his shoulders - someone incredibly mature and wise beyond his years. Post #912 (about finding time for a girlfriend) just affirms that. You think he's naive and then you read something like that and discover he's a lot smarter than the rest of us were at that age. To me it's all kind of refreshing in a society fascinated by the exploits of Britney, Lindsey, Paris and the like. I welcome it. I think we needed to see that in our next American Idol.

I've read the stories on this whole Phillip Daggett stuff and it's quite laughable. The guy's more than 10 years older than him and from another State on the other side of the country.
    Last edited by Elisa; May 25th, 2008 at 04:09 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I wonder why they are saying this stuff.... it's all over the Internet. He's 17, a Mormon, with parents up his butt - how sexual can he be period? Poor kids probably afraid to beat off in the bathroom.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Poor kids probably afraid to beat off in the bathroom.

Thanks for straight out saying what we're all thinking! (Though I truly don't think David would even know what that entails!)

Just because he's not that into girls yet doesn't mean he's gay.

If he is indeed gay, I sure hope his crazy overbearing dad doesn't try to kill him or something.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    So what if he is gay. Is it equally "unfair" to assume he's straight? I would seriously like to know if these celebs think it's going to damage their careers if they come out because as far as I can see nobody really gives a crap either way. Being all coy and evasive about it does far more damage IMO. But if he is gay and he's from a strict Mormon (anti gay) background and has a control freak dad then he's got a problem. Anthony Callea finally came out (oh shock, surprise) and it didn't harm his career at all, in fact it probably made people like him more for being honest.
    I will never know what difference it makes. But I've come across things like 'Is David Archuleta gay? Please say no, because I love him'. That is just ridiculous enough. I think it might have made a difference if he is gay and said so on the show. Most of his following is females. Miley Cyrus said she wanted to date him - ugh. And I had a friend obsessed with Anthony Callea and she was really upset when he came out; i said to her; 'Even if he was straight, whats the odds you'd ever get near him!?' It just makes no sense to me.

I think Archie has alot to hide, thats why he always look like a bundle of nerves; so many sources have exposed his stage father and he has said nothing about it except that his dad is great, blah blah blah. Of course he CAN'T say anything even if he wanted to. And i found it interesting that on the Idol site, he said his quote is something like 'You'll never be lonely if you befriend yourself'. Very wise for a teenager, but teenagers generally wouldn't talk like that. Makes me sad actually; another one of those robbed of a childhood cases, probably rehearsing instead of being allowed to play outside with his friends.

And I don't believe the philip daggett stuff, but he sure made alot of myspace friends from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa
    He's definitely shy, awkward, incredibly wholesome, moral, pure...all that stuff we're not used to seeing in someone of 17...but there's been nothing to make me think he's gay
    Thats why I like him, he blows me away when he talks. If only there were more teenagers like that. I wasn't thinking he was gay either but whenever i'd say 'that kid is so cute' my boyfriend would always reply 'And he's so obviously gay. He makes Jake Gyllenhaal look like Rambo' - and in the Mariah Carey show, he was waving his arms about saying how much he loved her music. That kind of made me believe he probably is; I hate to use that word, but it's 'weird' for a straight 17 year old boy to act like that. Constantine said; 'I don't think Archuleta likes any of the girls who cheer at him anyways. I have a gaydar, and he seems to be headed that direction to me'.

The media are alrady sniffing it out, they keep asking him about girls. No one cares about David Cook's love life though.

Oh, and I LOVED it when Archuleta said 'Where did they all park?' when he went to his hometown. He's one of these old souls in a young body. Like in another interview when he was asked what he wanted to do in the future he said 'I could get hit by a car tommorow'. Wow! Kids just don't think like that.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; May 26th, 2008 at 02:34 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I so loathe the media. I hope he doesn't take this stuff seriously.

OK I have no gaydar, none, zip, zero. However it doesn't bother me, it's one of those things I don't mind not having. I don't see David as maybe gay, I see him as a kid who hasn't figured out if he's straight or gay and he's not in a hurry to figure it out.

i won 4 tickets to the AI tour today. i would never pay to go see the tour, but for free, hell, i'll go! i'd love to see Chikezie and Michael Johns.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

The scary thing is, David’s in on the jokes. Many a time he’s called himself an ‘airhead’ and ‘spacy’ in interviews. There’s no kid more real. I loved during one Fox Utah interview during his homecoming where he says “I wish I got better at interviews, but I haven’t really” to which the interviewer asks “Do you think you’re more outgoing now?” David looks to the audience for approval and half heartedly says “I guess” as the audience shakes their heads no. David says “I’m not ? Awww C’mon – I’ve gotten a little better.” So cute. While some might see him as someone lacking in self confidence, I see the opposite. I agree with David Cook who has said that David is a kid who ‘knows exactly who he is”. When Michael Johns made the comment during the interview below that he couldn’t wait to get David “on the road” with a raised eyebrow and devious look, the interviewer joked with David that Michael wanted to corrupt him. David said “I don’t think that will happen. I don’t want it to.” I have no fears of him changing one bit during this crazy ride. If there are two words I've seen/heard time and time again throughout the past week referring to David it's 'class act'.

Best interview yet (Idol Extra after finale)

Part 1
    YouTube - American Idol 7 Extra Interview - David Archuleta - Part 1

Part 2
    YouTube - American Idol 7 Extra Interview - David Archuleta - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    While some might see him as someone lacking in self confidence, I see the opposite. I agree with David Cook who has said that David is a kid who ‘knows exactly who he is”.
    I agree. He seems very mature for his age imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa
    When Michael Johns made the comment during the interview below that he couldn’t wait to get David “on the road” with a raised eyebrow and devious look, the interviewer joked with David that Michael wanted to corrupt him. David said “I don’t think that will happen. I don’t want it to.”
    Oh i know! That was so funny.

He is actually really more relaxed in interviews now; he's really hilarious too. I watched one the other day, with him and David Cook, and the reporter said 'Are you chewing gum?' and he goes 'Grapes, i'm trying to chew, chew, chew, but its not working. Its that skin, dang it'. No kid has ever made me laugh as much as this one.

Heres the interview; Madonna & Sharon Stone Hit Wild Auction! | Videos | Access Hollywood | Celeb Video Clips, TV Show and Celebrity Video Clips Available Online

I love how he does the 'Aww Archie' thing too.
    If the link comes up as something different, type David Archuleta in the search thingy and go to 'Who will be the next American Idol' video. David Cook is so awesome in it too. I wish they both won!
    Theres another one there where he says his Mum wears cubic zirconia; haha. I'd recommend watching that one too. Its called 'Backstage with runner up'.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; May 26th, 2008 at 09:21 PM.

Msdeb,take pics of Cook and Michael Johns,please,lol.

I said to Mr.V am I willing to go through the show just to see Johns and Cook? He said NO.lol.

Cook was on a date with that chick from AI show on TvGuide channel.She was a previous contestant a couple of years ago,Kimberly Caldwell.
    Ugh.My inner fangirl cut herself when I saw that!
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

i'll be taking pics of him for sure!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

DC is fricking amazing. I love listening to him speak, as well as sing. I hope he goes real far!

Thread Information