Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

I think my heart will break if DavidA doesn't win. I really think HE will be fine if he doesn't win. I don't know why I have so much invested in this little guy. Maybe I see him as the son I wish I had.
    Playful~

^Haha, me too. I wish he was my kid.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulKisses View Post
    I think my heart will break if DavidA doesn't win. I really think HE will be fine if he doesn't win. I don't know why I have so much invested in this little guy. Maybe I see him as the son I wish I had.
    See,Playful-I love the other David, because he seems like a manly man. I like that he is not all thinny. I like he has a bigger bone structure & is taller. I think he is more-um-bedroomable. In this case-Motherhood may be over-rated! I say, go for the grown up male. At least there may be hope of knowing him. In the Biblical sense.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    See,Playful-I love the other David, because he seems like a manly man. I like that he is not all thinny. I like he has a bigger bone structure & is taller. I think he is more-um-bedroomable. In this case-Motherhood may be over-rated! I say, go for the grown up male. At least there may be hope of knowing him. In the Biblical sense.
    Oh dear...please please, PLEASE I hope no one thinks I look at DavidA that way! I've had some major nesting issues going on lately. Not sure what's up with that.
    Playful~

Hit By Ban Bus!

No-they are not at all the same! I like both,will buy both. The sound is all different to me.
    BTW-yes, David C stands for all,especially ladies. I think his Mom did a good job! He seems to have nice manners. Odd, I know!
    aw we usually agree.

I listen to them on Itunes where I can't be influenced by their looks or the crowd. To me - of the people left David Cook has the best voice, I'm sorry but David A cute though he may be sounds the same. Jason and Syesha should be leaving soon....

I agree, but mostly I just love David C's voice, and his music. I've downloaded his songs and listen to them all the time; can't wait for more. David A is cute, but I don't care for his voice. And I wonder how many girls really do; they probably just care that he's 'hot'. He looks even younger than 17 to me.

For the bedroomable folks:

Raspberry,have you gotten the Diamond ones yet?
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I think David Cook is good, but I don't think he's anywhere near as spectacular as they give him credit for. And I just can't get past his looks. I don't know what it is, but something about the way he looks just really creeps me out. Even just listening to his songs, knowing it's him singing ruins it for me.

I like Archuleta because he just has such a pure voice and he does seem so humble. He seems like a nice, joyful, modest, quality kid and I do think he is a good "American Idol". I'd buy his CD.

I'm sure Jason and Syesha both realize this is coming down to the two Davids and that top 3 is the best they can hope for. So, I'm not surprised if they're ready to go home because it does seem at this point they're just wasting their time.

I think part of the reason this group has been so boring is because there was a very mediocre top 24 with one who stood out head and shoulders above the rest (in terms of performances and attention/praise from the judges). The others know it's not a matter of if but when they will be leaving. They don't have that motivation and enthusiasm that we've seen in previous seasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if AI set it up like this on purpose, considering that 90% of their Idols have been total losers who have gone on to embarrass them or just fade into obscurity. They desperately need someone they can mold, then pimp as a wholesome, successful star who was "discovered" and "given a chance" by this "genius" show. What better candidate than a dippy, cute boy with a great voice and stage dad from hell who will guarantee that he doesn't fuck it up. So they put him in the top 24 with a bunch of forgettable to mediocre contestants, sit back, and wait.
    Last edited by southernbelle; May 1st, 2008 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    For the bedroomable folks:

Raspberry,have you gotten the Diamond ones yet?

Mrs. V, have I told you lately that I love you?
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulKisses View Post
    Oh dear...please please, PLEASE I hope no one thinks I look at DavidA that way! I've had some major nesting issues going on lately. Not sure what's up with that.
    Look into fostering kids! I have no doubt you would be a super parent! Lots of older ones needing homes. Especially boys!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    aw we usually agree.

I listen to them on Itunes where I can't be influenced by their looks or the crowd. To me - of the people left David Cook has the best voice, I'm sorry but David A cute though he may be sounds the same. Jason and Syesha should be leaving soon....
    We still mostly agree-I think Chris D is great,but his voice sounds different from David C to me! David C is by far the best singer on AI!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What a difference a haircut makes. At the start I thought David C was a nerdy looking guy and a bit creepy,but now he is quite attractive.
    Last edited by arie_skop; May 3rd, 2008 at 02:18 AM.

^Do you mean 'David C'?

David Cook Won't Royally Screw Kids

Posted May 2nd 2008 11:25AM by TMZ Staff
    Royals fans can rest easy -- there won't be 25 crying kids in the crowd when David Cook comes to town.

Cook was approached by the Kansas City Royals to sing the national anthem at game on May 9. The problem is 25 elementary kids were already booked.

A spokesperson for the Royals told TMZ that Cook didn't feel comfortable bumping the kids -- so he'll sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" instead and throw out the first pitch.

Cook was invited to the game because if he survives another week of "Idol," he'll be making a trip home Blue Springs, MO. for a visit.

David Cook Won't Royally Screw Kids - TMZ.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

We still mostly agree-I think Chris D is great,but his voice sounds different from David C to me! David C is by far the best singer on AI!

good because it never hurts to have a kindred spirit on a message board...smooches back at ya

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    David A is cute, but I don't care for his voice. And I wonder how many girls really do; they probably just care that he's 'hot'. He looks even younger than 17 to me.
    I love his voice! Strangely enough, I hear a little bit of Judy Garland in it.

Also kinda reminds me of Paul Young, a singer from the 80s.

He's a cutie..... not hot to me at all, but then again I have a son just a few years younger than him. I do think he's a very handsome young man though. Beautiful coloring and great eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    What a difference a haircut makes. At the start I thought David A was a nerdy looking guy and a bit creepy,but now he is quite attractive.
    He definitely looks a lot better now. He seems to have a lot more confidence now too, which makes a big difference.

Thread Information