Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

Oh goodness, David A really looked stunned when he was safe. That kid is so humble!

Watching Brooke cry and sing was terrible. I don't think they should have to sing when they're that upset.

Oh, and its bullshit that Jason wasn't even in the bottom two. Someone out there really loves him.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; May 1st, 2008 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    It'll probably be Syesha next. Some people out there think Jason can actually sing, and his 'looks'... he's starting to look too feminine to me now, actually.
    It's the dreads-they are too big & overwelmn his face. If he would just get his hair syled & balanced with his head,he would be fine!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Well, I didn't feel sorry for Brooke at all. Someone is voted off every week, and if she didn't see this coming, she's delusional--and definitely not cut out for the music business.

And OF COURSE, she forgot her lyrics again and almost started her sing-out over. Take a freakin' pill, drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    Oh goodness, David A really looked stunned when he was safe. That kid is so humble!

Watching Brooke cry and sing was terrible. I don't think they should have to sing when they're that upset.

Oh, and its bullshit that Jason wasn't even in the bottom two. Someone out there really loves him.
    Totally agree with eveything here. David A really looks scared out of his mind every week, he is just so sweet & humble.

It was sad trying to see Brooke sing thru her tears. They really shouldn't make you sing if you are that emotional. To top it off, they show the little montage of your history with Idol. So basically they say We just crushed your dreams, now we are going to show all these clips from better times to make you feel even sadder, then we're going to make you sing the song that voted you off.

Oh a thought about Paula: If you watched the show from the very beginning, Ryan explained the new format, and stated something about the judges will give their crtitiques after the SECOND song. Then after Round 1, Ryan asked the judges to quickly summarize. Maybe that is what threw off Paula. If any of you have it TIvo'd take a look.

Also, one thought about Natasha Bedingfeld: After her performance, she came back and asked Ryan if she could "say Hi to David". David Cook stood up, possibly assuming it was him, and when she went over to David A, Syesha (who was by David C) also stood up, possibly to back up David C., maybe to give the impression that it was just standing to show respect. My daughter caught that and we rewinded to to make sure, and sure enough, that is exactly what happened. Poor David C. Embarrassing, hopefully hardly anyone saw it.

^ Yeah,I saw that.But David C. always stands up for some reason.That was weird,like the producers told her to do that,to drum up David A.And with the yet again prom joke?!Bedingfield's a hag.
    I still think they thought David A. was going to run away with the whole thing,they didn't expect some dark horses emerging.
    Notice,they never do a suspenseful result with David A? They always say you're safe quickly.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Wednesday’s Idol: What You Didn’t See

May 1, 2008
    Third Time’s a Charm
    British pop sensation, the lovely Natasha Bedingfield, quickly won the room over with a jab at Idol’s harshest judge. “I wore my pants high in honor of Simon Cowell,” she said. The jokes continued as she warmed-up with a line from her song “Unwritten,” singing, “No one else can feel it for you …” which prompted Ryan Seacrest to quip: “I love The Hills!” (The song is the reality show’s theme.) With the tension now broken, Natasha got right into her performance of her new song, “Pocket Full of Sunshine,” but midway through she apologized because — gasp! — she forgot the lyrics! “Good thing I’m not one of those guys,” she said while pointing to the smiling Idols on the couch. “Brooke White is not alone,” Debbie the stage manger aptly replied, before Natasha tried again. Everything seemed to be going well, Randy Jackson was bobbing his head, Paula Abdul did her dance, and Simon just kind of sat there, but just when things seemed to be ready to move on, Debbie announced there had to be a third take. A great sport, Natasha broke right back into the song and made it all the way through with complete success.
    Natasha’s Pocket Full of Kisses
    After Natasha’s second take, Ryan, as he usually does, came over to greet her with a kiss hello, but rather than the old hug and peck on the cheek, the host decided to go for the gusto and plant one on her lips. “Do you kiss everybody on the lips that sings on this show?” she asked. “I have a boyfriend!” A visibly embarrassed Ryan did his best to keep his cool and even joked before the third take, “Here comes Debbie. She’s going to tell me not to kiss anybody.” Well, after the third take, Ryan decided to stick to two pecks on each cheek. But before she left the stage, Natasha got a kiss from the real man on her mind, none other than little David Archuleta, who told PEOPLE he “loves” the English beauty. Natasha jumped up on the couch and planted one on the Lucky David’s cheek, turning him red with giddy laughter.
    The Diamond Does His Thing
    After Tuesday’s rushed show, things ran a lot smoother as the Idol producers decided to pre-tape both musical performances of the night, taking off a little bit of the hurried feeling. Neil Diamon (this week’s mentor whose new album Home Before Dark is due May 6) kicked things off singing his new single “Pretty Amazing Grace.” The legendary artist received a hearty thumbs up from Simon and Paula and a standing ovation from the studio audience. That must have been nice to see for the singer’s mother, who was in the house. Before he left the stage, Neil said goodbye to the audience and then made his way over to shake each and every Idol’s hand, bidding them farewell by blowing a kiss.
    Welcome Back, Idols
    Kristy Lee Cook sat in the front row where the fans in the pit could see her. All smiles, Kristy greeted each fan warmly, happily signing autograph after autograph before the show and at breaks. “Ace Young is in the house!” shouted Debbie over the PA, prompting all the young girls to scream and turn to look at the handsome former Idol sitting near the stage. Right behind Ace were two more former Idols, now partners in crime on Idol Extra, Constantine Maroulis and Gina Glocksen.
    David’s Sweet Heart
    Even though he’s never been in the bottom three, David Archuleta showed utter shock when he heard he would be back next week. He was actually surprised that he was not only safe, but not in the bottom two, as he walked over to join Jason Castro, also safe, on the couch. David mouthed “wow, wow, wow” to himself and held his look of shock into the break. And, according to a family friend, Tuesday night’s song choice of Neil Diamond’s “America” was chosen by David and sung from the heart in dedication to his lovely mom, Lupe, who originally came to the U.S. from Honduras.
    Brooke’s Goodbye
    Debbie was the first person to run and hug Brooke White as her farewell piece ran on the monitor. Then, Syesha, who had just dodged a bullet of her own, squeezed the very emotional White, who was having trouble gaining her composure for her last song on the Idol stage. As the lights were about to go up, Ryan also comforted her by holding her arm. She did make it through the last song and then the credits rolled and the remaining Idols joined her on stage to bid her farewell. David Cook, David Archuleta and Jason Castro all offered love with hugs, then Randy did the same and Simon, after his hug, offered her some words of encouragement. Paula was the last one to show her love for Brooke. But as her husband stayed strong and fielded condolences from friends and other families in the audience, there must have been one other thing on his mind: those long, curly locks of his are coming off soon, and by the one person in his life who is allowed to touch them — Brooke!
    Other Stuff You Didn’t See
    •During one of the breaks, Syesha almost falls off the safe couch and onto the floor. Luckily she caught herself, assuring the other contestants, “No worries. I didn’t fall.”
    • Paula Abdul telling one young fan way up in the bleachers, who was holding up a pad of paper, “Come on down here,” so she could sign it. Not soon after a line of eager fans formed. The judged signed as many as she could before the commercial break was over.
    • At one of the breaks, David Cook was spotted doing a little game of charades with his mom, who was in the audience, trying to ask her either if she wanted to go to dinner and/or what she wanted to eat at dinner. How many syllables, David?
    • After he’d been reunited with his crush earlier in the show, at the break, Simon Cowell chitchatted with his current crush, Terri Seymour, whom was sitting a few seats behind the judges.

Wednesday’s Idol: What You Didn’t See - PEOPLE TV Watch
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

i didnt feel sorry for Brooke at all. not one bit. i was so glad to see her go.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thing is we've been watching American Idol a long time now.. someone gets voted off and they sing - end of story so why did Brook act like she was the first person ever to get booted off? "I'm emotional right now" well yes but it's called acting like a professional -get a grip. I liked her in the beginning but after a while she was to much of a drama queen.

I like David A but all his songs sound the same. David Cook is OK but he's not Chris Daughtry, given the choice I'll buy Chris' CD's

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Thing is we've been watching American Idol a long time now.. someone gets voted off and they sing - end of story so why did Brook act like she was the first person ever to get booted off? "I'm emotional right now" well yes but it's called acting like a professional -get a grip. I liked her in the beginning but after a while she was to much of a drama queen.

I like David A but all his songs sound the same. David Cook is OK but he's not Chris Daughtry, given the choice I'll buy Chris' CD's
    No-they are not at all the same! I like both,will buy both. The sound is all different to me.
    BTW-yes, David C stands for all,especially ladies. I think his Mom did a good job! He seems to have nice manners. Odd, I know!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Well, I didn't feel sorry for Brooke at all. Someone is voted off every week, and if she didn't see this coming, she's delusional--and definitely not cut out for the music business.

And OF COURSE, she forgot her lyrics again and almost started her sing-out over. Take a freakin' pill, drama queen.
    That was PRICELESS!!

She seems like such a huge pain in the ass. I didn't feel sorry for her at all either.

I Love all of the men. i love my little Archuleta, and i want him to win! but he'll be fine either way. he's so cute. if someone makes him cry i'll kick their ass.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    BTW-yes, David C stands for all,especially ladies. I think his Mom did a good job! He seems to have nice manners. Odd, I know!
    Thank you for clarifying that. ANOTHER reason to love David Cook!!

Elite Member

So Brooke's gone. No surprise there. She does seem pretty sweet though. She'd never have survived the real grind anyway.

Jason needs to go next. People complain that David A. sounds the same all the time. Have they actually listened to Jason? I see him and I can only imagine Tiny Tim.

LOVE David A. He was stunned last night at being announced safe. Legitimately stunned. I wish someone would tell him he doesn't have to worry. I think that's why there is no suspense in telling him he's safe so quickly - he gets himself too worked up. In a recent article, when asked what he'd do if he was named the American Idol, he predicted that he'd probably pass out and split his head open. I don't think he was kidding.

As for Cook standing up, IMO I would think that whole group knows in what high esteem David A. holds Natasha. He's gone on record several times saying he loves her music and she's the one person he'd love to do a duet with. I really believe that David C. knew Natasha was coming for Archuleta and not him.

Finally, I thought it was sweet how David A. was avoiding the cameras during Brooke's exit last night. No was was he going to let anybody see him cry again...and he did a very good job of being coy. I noticed he actually moved Syesha right in front of him. Love that kid. (His Mom looked so pretty in the audience. Now we know where he gets his good looks from).
    Last edited by Elisa; May 1st, 2008 at 05:05 PM.

Idol Jason Castro: "ready to go home"?

May 1, 2008, 03:37 PM | by Mandi Bierly
    Categories: American Idol, Television, TV Biz

He made it through Paulagate 2008, butis American Idol's Jason Castro ready to call it quits? EW's Jessica Shaw was on the scene as the Idols rehearsed for Neil Diamond week (read her "Why Song Selection Matters" feature here) and spoke with Castro on Monday afternoon: "I'll get around to practicing," he promised her, after noting that his brother and a friend had visited over the weekend and that his Saturday meeting with Diamond had gone "really bad" because he didn't yet know his songs. "What happens happens. I'll sing and if people like it, they like it. And if they don't, they don't. I'm kind of ready to go home."
    You're kind of ready to walk off America's biggest stage???

"It's been overwhelming," Castro continued. "I got 150 balloons yesterday delivered to the studio because people heard I was sick last week. That's cool, but that's just weird."

Idol Jason Castro: "ready to go home"? | American Idol, Television, TV Biz | Hollywood Insider | EW.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

^He doesn't really even look like he wants to be there, but surely he knows he doesn't stand a chance against the Davids.

I actually want both David's to win! Cook, because he's a brilliant musician, and Archuleta because I want so badly to see his reaction. I am constantly stunned by the kid; his politeness, his sensitivity, how humble he is - he's a diamond, that kid.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v
    Natasha got a kiss from the real man on her mind, none other than little David Archuleta, who told PEOPLE he “loves” the English beauty. Natasha jumped up on the couch and planted one on the Lucky David’s cheek, turning him red with giddy laughter.
    awww I bet David 'loves' everyone.

Thread Information