Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

I missed tonight's show, but for a very good reason..... I went to see DOLLY!!!

That woman is just plain amazing. Excellent show.

So what did everybody sing, or what was the theme? I take it Brooke sucked.

my favorite moment of the nite? Paula fucking up and reviewing TWO songs when they had only sung one! i laughed so freakin hard!

and Brooke, you stupid face making tramp, how DARE you sing ANY song that my beloved Monkees sang. ptooey on you. a pox on your family!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^ Ah, so as usual Brooke was pulling that bottom lip up over those enormous teeth.

Just for you, Sweetness:

Top 5 ‘Idol’ Neil Diamond Night Review

Neil Diamond night on American Idol continued another night of Idol mentors from yesteryear. Tonight each of the contestants sang two songs from Diamond’s extensive song collection. David and David were easily the best two contestants tonight. I still believe they are likely to face off in the finals. Brooke White and Jason Castro are likely gone tomorrow night. If I had to pick I would say that Jason Castro goes home tomorrow night.
    Knocked It Out: David Cook, David Archuleta
    In The Middle: Syesha Mercado
    Danger Zone: Brooke White, Jason Castro
    Jason Castro - “Forever In Blue Jeans” - “September Morn” - Neil Diamond songs are so much more suited for Fidel than Andrew Lloyd Webber’s songs from last week. I thought his first song, “Forever In Blue Jeans,” was rather good. The second song was too slow, too boring, and too cruise ship’ish. Jason seemed about as comfortable tonight as Roger Clemens at the kitchen dinner table last night. He is probably the odd man out tomorrow night. Grade C-
    David Cook - “I’m Alive” - “All I Really Need Is You” - Dave was able to take “I’m Alive” and make you forget it is a Neil Diamond song. It was a solid performance but not his best this season. David’s second song rocked a bit more and seemed like classic Cook. I am not sure what he was singing but it sounded good compared to the rest of the jokers attempting these songs tonight. Grade A-
    Brooke White - “I’m A Believer” - “I Am…I Said” - She chose the upbeat Monkees “I’m A Believer” as her first song. It was a very weird performance. She seemed to be trying so hard to be upbeat that she in turn was goofy. This chick is starting to remind me of Ambre off of Rock of Love. And just like Ambre I think we need to run an age check on Brooke. Her second song was much better than her first. Her attitude towards the judges, particularly Simon, could send her packing tomorrow night. Grade D
    David Archuleta - “Sweet Caroline” - “America” - This kid probably grew up with posters of Neil on his bedroom wall. Neil was right in saying that David is “like a prodigy.” David did a superb job with “Sweet Caroline” making it seem like it was his own. If Human Growth Hormone (HGH) should be slipped into David’s milk every morning by the producers of the show. If he wins, his only outlet is going to be getting his own Disney show opposite Hannah Montana. With that said, his second song was great and even better than his first song. The combo of both of his performances makes him the best of the night Grade A
    Syesha Mercado - “Hello Again” - “Thank The Lord For The Nighttime” - Her first song was very elegant and impressive. She also looked mighty good. Syesha was extremely strong this week. One would never believe that she has constantly been in the bottom two or three. She could still be in danger tomorrow night but that will be due only to having a weaker fan base than the other four finalists. She was in the top three tonight in my opinion. Grade B+

Top 5 ‘Idol’ Neil Diamond Night Review | Bumpshack.com
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Eli

Why do they always choose such crap songs. I miss the Carrie Underwoods of AI, who would pick awesome songs like "Alone"...
    Ah okay, I'm just missing cool old songs that I've never heard of but end up loving.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Why do they always choose such crap songs.
    They're choosing crap songs because the show is choosing crap themes. The contestants don't really have much choice in the matter. Why are there stupid themes anyway? Besides, these contestants are getting younger every year and don't have a freakin' clue who Neil Diamond and the like are.

My favorite of the night was - no surprise - David A. followed by David C. David A.'s spunk was back - finally. I fear for Jason after tonight. I think he's on his way out. I'm convinced now that we will NEVER get Syesha off our screen. I've been waiting for weeks. So help me God is she makes the top 2.

And boy if Paula didn't manage to discredit herself and the show. Major gaffe. I suspect she took notes at rehearsal and was reading from those....or made everything up. Proof positive this show is scripted. Just what is in her Coke glass? Loved how they did a wide screen to the contestants at that moment. They were all stunned, but trying to stifle a laugh. They didn't know whether to speak up. How embarrassing...for her and AI.

Paula sounded so ridiculous! That was crazy.

Jason - it's just getting embarassing.

David C- Awesome as always.

Brooke - forgettable. And it was so annoying when she started talking over Simon. Its an OPINION; he's allowed to have one.

David A - i thought he was very good tonight. He was reallygetting into both performances, it was great to see him do something upbeat.

Syesha - better than Brooke and Jason combined, so she should be safe.

from d-listed this morning....

"Somebody please tell me the recipe for Paul Abdul's crazy juice! I seriously want whatever she's drinking, because the woman is in another dimension. She should bottle that shit. I would buy a lifetime supply. Fuck water. I need Paula juice to stay alive.

Paula effed up majorly on "American Idol" when she judged Jason Castro for two songs even though he had only just sung his first song. All 5 bitches sang 2 songs each. Paula gave semi-negative comments to both songs. Randy had to let Paula know that they were only judging the first song. Nudge...nudge...Paula tried to save it by saying the second comments she gave to Jason were meant for David Cook. The problem there was, she gave David a generic "that was fantastic" comment. She said nothing negative about David.

I'm guessing the judges write down comments during dress rehearsals. When Gaycrest called on Paula to judge Jason, she was too busy riding on a golden unicorn through the crystal clouds that she didn't realize they were only judging the first song, so she started rattling off all her notes. The woman is amazing. I want to sit in the desert with her and drink from her Coca-Cola cup."

God love her she truly is a mess!!!
    I Have PMS and a Handgun....
    Any Questions?

Hopefully this time round Brooke goes home!!! Watching her tonight was too painful, and she doesnt deserve a record contract.

Paula definitely had the best performance of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Paula definitely had the best performance of the night.
    Boy,did she EVER!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Eli

They should have a "crap songs" night. That way, they might actually pick great tunes, because everybody in the music industry is living in the mirror like ALICE lately.

The top five American Idol contestants had two songs each last night and since time was tight the judges were told to quickly comment to each singer after they all had a chance to perform their first song. Randy, Paula and Simon were supposed to give critiques based on their notes. Randy quickly gave his standard “it was just OK for me” and went down the line. Paula proceeded to tell the first contestant, Jason Castro, that she loved his first song, but that his second song was “empty” and that the two songs made her feel like wasn’t “fighting hard enough to get into the top four.” Paula’s excuse doesn’t make sense
    Paula claimed that she got confused and thought that the next song by David Cook was actually Castro’s second.
    Then Ryan said “You’re seeing the future, baby” and turned to Simon. Simon tried to help Paula by asking who her favorite singer was, and she said David Cook.
    Now if Cook was her favorite singer, then it doesn’t make sense that she confused her notes for his song with Jason Castro’s second song that he didn’t do yet, since she said she didn’t like Castro’s second song.
    All of this either suggests that Paula was so addled she didn’t understand even her own notes, which is entirely possible given her usual mental state, or that someone prepared those notes for her ahead of time before the contestants were able to do their second performance. In that case those notes were not Paula’s own thoughts and must have been based on how Cook sounded in rehearsals. It makes you wonder if producers have an agenda for who will win the show and are influencing judge’s responses.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Paula Abdul’s screw up makes people wonder if Idol judges are scripted
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Tuesday’s Idol: What You Didn’t See

April 30, 2008
    David’s Got Love
    While Jason Castro stood on stage with Ryan Seacrest as his number ran across the screen, Idol favorite David Cook was brought out carrying his guitar and asked to wait to the side in the dark. But his female fans in the pit couldn’t keep their cool and began to scream for the rocker, who was up next, while Castro was still in the spotlight doing his best James Dean. After his last performance of the night, Cook paused before walking off, put his hand over his chest and then waved to the audience, thanking them for their support after the show went to break. Once the show ended and the Idols were making their way off stage, Debbie the stage manager began calling over the PA system, “Mom, David Cook’s mom?” They finally got her attention so David — and Debbie! — could wave to her in the crowd.
    Strange Days
    Each Idol sang two songs Tuesday night, but the judges didn’t comment until after their second. However, in order to pull off this great feat in under an hour, the audience (in the house and at home) was robbed of the usual banter at breaks and during the show. And the judge who appeared to be biting his lip the most was the resident curmudgeon, Simon Cowell, who shared his opinions with his fellow judges after each of the first five performances rather than with the contestants — something that seemed to visibly annoy him and maybe even cause him pain. At the end of the show, Cowell declared it, “officially the strangest show we’ve ever done.”
    Star Light
    For once there were no returning Idols (Idol misses Carly Smithson!) watching from the stands (maybe they get a break before the big finale?) or A-listers for fans to gawk at during the breaks. Tom Hanks’s wife, actress Rita Wilson was in the house watching the show with her niece in the front row, while just a few seats away were two of the blonde beauties from Playboy’s The Girls Next Door (Ryan managed to find time for two stops to hug and say hello to the girls during the show). And, topping off the bevy (not) of celebrity was Arden Myrin of Mad TV. Where was Neil Diamond when they needed him?
    Paula Can See the Future
    Blame it on the tight schedule or the warm-up guy’s absence (Corey had a substitute) as Paula Abdul’s night started off, well … off, and got a little bizarre as the show went on. She missed her cue moments before the show and had to quietly rush to her seat to join her fellow judges without an introduction or applause. She danced in between Randy Jackson and Simon during just about every Neil Diamond tune, rocking out like crazy — sometimes even during the slow songs. But things got really weird when she critiqued Jason Castro’s second performance — when he had only sung once! “This is hard,” she said to the audience, who were cracking up in the stands. One fan holding up a sign that read “Choo Choo Castro Express to the Finale,” had it right, as Paula seemed to have fallen off that train.
    What’s Simon’s Sign?
    One fan’s sign was so good that Debbie the stage manager asked him down from the bleachers to stand right next to Simon’s seat so the judge would see him as he returned from a break. “Simon for Governor of Cowellifornia,” the sign read. Simon loved it so much he shook the fans hand in approval and allowed him to stand just off to the side of him for the remainder of the show. At one break, Simon knelt down and autographed the sign. Sadly, things didn’t work out the same for another fan in the audience with a sign that read “Simon is my Fashion Idol.”
    Other Things You Didn’t See
    • As Simon was leaving during one of the breaks, he ran into girlfriend Terri Seymour, who was on her way into the show. The judge gave her a kiss hello on each cheek before chatting her up.
    • As Randy critiqued Syesha Mercado after her second performance, Simon — clearly not phased by his girlfriend’s presence in the audience — ran his finger across the Paula’s exposed back. As if it was a bug, she brushed him away. Of course, Simon just did it again.
    • Before her final performance, Brooke White sat chatting with Ryan Seacrest on the stools and then started throwing hand signals to her loyal hubby sitting in the front row, who signaled back in their very own language of love.

Tuesday’s Idol: What You Didn’t See - PEOPLE TV Watch
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by DontMindMe View Post
    Just for you, Sweetness
    Thank you!

Thread Information