Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

Hit By Ban Bus!

David C, David A, Jason, Brooke, Sayesha

How can it be regulated? Dancing with the stars lets you call in according to the number of dancers left, once you reach your limit they cut you off so I do believe there is a watch dog there on AI you can vote til the cows come home.

They talk about the winners but they've had winners that are loosers. Catherine McPhee lost her contract so did Taylor Hicks and Ruben Studdard.

I've never seen the Aussie or the Brit version except for a few on YouTube some of the Brit kids are amazing (one little boy singing opera I'd love to know what happened to him, how far he went)

Eli

Oh god, Sayesha. She is EVIL.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post

I've never seen the Aussie or the Brit version except for a few on YouTube some of the Brit kids are amazing (one little boy singing opera I'd love to know what happened to him, how far he went)
    well there was the adult - Paul Potts that won Britains got talent Just an amazing singer! i dont know about the kid tho
    Paul Potts Official Site
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Eli

Paul Potts is good but is he blind? Like literally?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    well there was the adult - Paul Potts that won Britains got talent Just an amazing singer! i dont know about the kid tho
    Paul Potts Official Site

YouTube - Andrew Johnston - Britains Got Talent AMAZING VOICE

his name is Andrew he's 13 years old we have never had anyone like him in America.

Official press photo for the Top 10 AI Tour

ohnotheydidnt: get ready bitches
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Sometimes I'm suspicious about rigging too, but aren't these things audited...much like the results of pageants, etc.?
    Hmmm...well, you never see the Price Waterhouse accountants hanging around like at the Oscars. All you ever hear is how many millions of people voted this week! (and always more than the week before!) but never any explanation how or if the votes were verified.

No matter how they try to play it, bottom line, it's a reality show..not a pageant, game show or awards show. So what's stopping them from manipulating the vote if they want?

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Hmmm...well, you never see the Price Waterhouse accountants hanging around like at the Oscars. All you ever hear is how many millions of people voted this week! (and always more than the week before!) but never any explanation how or if the votes were verified.

No matter how they try to play it, bottom line, it's a reality show..not a pageant, game show or awards show. So what's stopping them from manipulating the vote if they want?
    They would be breaking umteen laws and facing prison-that's what! Do you actually think some snitch wouldn't have come forward by now & collected big bucks?? No way! They have too many people voting to risk the billions they make.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Really? What umpteen criminal laws govern reality competitions? AI isn't a quiz/game show...

Brooke needs to go. In addition to my votes for Jason, I also voted for Syesha tonight because I think she gave two very solid performances and she does not deserve to go home before Brooke.

Brooke's backtalking when Simon stated the FACT that her performance was a "nightmare" was so obnoxious and smug. That bitch is really showing her true colors.

Can you guess who I like?

Jason's good in his niche,but outside of that,nope.
    Brooke's smugness is beyond obnoxious.You're not as good as you think you are.
    Syesha would be good for musical theatre or acting.
    David A.,finish school,live life for awhile.Then start a career.Sure he can sing the phone book,but who cares? Predictable,and I hate when people pick patriotic songs.Safe.Though I'm sure Dad picked it.

David C. is a good,well rounded musician.Unlimited potential.Grows every week,can't wait to see what he'll be up to.All my opinion,of course.

BTW,Paula,how embarassing..
    Last edited by mrs.v; April 29th, 2008 at 10:00 PM.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Really? What umpteen criminal laws govern reality competitions? AI isn't a quiz/game show...
    True,it is not a game show. Doesn't involve cash. But you KNOW they would lose the show. Fox would be forced to cancel,ethically at the very least. Thats a lot to lose-and they could be sued civilly into the next century. Why would any one risk it? I don't think they would. If they do & get caught-no careers. No money.Massive law suits. Reputation damaged beyond repair in several countries. Beyond high risk.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sorry Brook, hope you go home soon. Why is this talentless airhead, probable anorexic notalent still here assaulting me eardrums?????

Jason, you have the face of an angel, and I wish you would just mosey on over to my place, like now, OK? I will vote for you in person if you dont mind.

As much as I covet that boy, he sucked azz tonight. He will be lucky if he stays.

Fetus Archuleta(god that cracks me up). My sister and I HATE his mouth. We think they edit out the drool it seems should be frothing down his chin. Something about his mouth makes me wanna puke. May this child join his older soul brother, Clay Gaiken on BROADWAY already.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Can you guess who I like?

Jason's good in his niche,but outside of that,nope.
    Brooke's smugness is beyond obnoxious.You're not as good as you think you are.
    Syesha would be good for musical theatre or acting.
    David A.,finish school,live life for awhile.Then start a career.Sure he can sing the phone book,but who cares? Predictable,and I hate when people pick patriotic songs.Safe.Though I'm sure Dad picked it.

David C. is a good,well rounded musician.Unlimited potential.Grows every week,can't wait to see what he'll be up to.All my opinion,of course.

BTW,Paula,how embarassing..
    Gads-even Simon tried to give her an out! WTF??

Totally agree with your David C assessment.

Brooke has got to go home. Her first song was painful, and the second wasn't much better. And she's so flipping smug, I just want to smack her! Please God let this be her week to go home.
    Hopefully Jason will go next week. I think he has a decent enough voice, but I just find him so painfully boring and without charisma.
    Syesha had a good week, but I agree with Mrs.V that she'd be better suited for Broadway.
    David A. was alright this week, but he didn't blow me away the way he has in the past.
    David C. was also a bit off his game tonight, or at least he wasn't his usual amazing self.
    I still think that in the end it will be down to the two Davids, and my vote goes to Cook for the win. I love David A. to death, but I don't think he's ready for a life in the spotlight just yet.
    And oh sweet Lord, I was so embarrassed for Paula, I actually had to turn away when Randy told her David had only performed once so far. Christ, she really is out of her mind, isn't she?
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Thread Information