Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    I loved it when Carly said, "And I didn't even forget the lyrics!" as she was booted off.

LOL Great quote. Hasnt Brooke forgotten the lyrics a few times now?
    I recall during the Hollywood week, she forgot the lyrics - and one of the judges told her she can't afford to do that when in the final 12. I dont know how she managed to make the top 12 - I would never pay to see her sing live.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I don't think David A has the maturity or the strength of character to survive long in showbiz, especially if he wins. It's not his fault - he's been controlled and sheltered by his father but the poor lad already looks like he's heading for some kind of nervous collapse. It's just too much for his fragile temperament. It will end in tears.
    I completely agree. It'll be Niagra when he gets voted off. Although he COULD win, he has a huge fanbase. Go on youtube, myspace, anywhere teenage girls are. They are obsessed with him.

He actually reminds me of Anthony Callea. (Australian Idol)

David Cook SHOULD win. There's no one there at the moment who is better than him.

And I agree, southernbelle, they all act like their all the best of friends. There has got to be some competition there. Put 3 girls in a room and 2 will hate each other in no time. I think David A though is probably the one wanting everyone else to like him so he doesn't step on anyone's toes.

A*O

David A can beat anyone when it comes to sloppy ballads. David C is a better all rounder so he should win. However, I don't underestimate the power of millions of squealy teens and their txting thumbs.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I wish they would limit the number of votes. I hope David C wins,too. Either way,I think he is off and running.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I watched something on E last night and David A gets the highest number of votes each week. And he's considered the 'Front Runner'.

He's cute and everything but I wouldn't sit in the audience at his concert.

A*O

Just David A has perfect pitch and can sing with puppy dog emotion doesn't make him a good musician. David C has more 'natural' talent and is a more robust (if arrogant) personality as well as being a better all rounder, so as far as a future career goes he's well on the way. David A appeals the squealy pre-teens and their mothers so as far as the comp goes I think he will win. But in David C will win in the long run.

It's happened here twice in Aussie Idol. Guy Sebastian won but his runner up Shannon Noll has a much more solid career. Another winner, Casey Donnovan sank without trace but her runner up Anthony Callea also has a solid career, albeit very much in the swoony crooner style of David A.
    Dame Edna Everage

Guy Sebastian was awesome on Aust Idol but he really did struggle being a solo artist.

Elite Member

Anthony Callea remains my very favorite Idol contestant on any show. It still boggles my mind how he could possibly have lost to Casey. His voice is amazing. He really can sing anything and sing it well.

Wasn't it 'tall poppy syndrome' that hurt him? That and the fact that the judges made a lot of inuendo about his sexuality and the fact that he was hiding in the closet?

I really believe that David A. is still going to win this as his fanbase is HUGE. It's not like he wouldn't deserve it. I do think Cook would be better off in second place. I almost wish that for David A., truth be told, but that ain't gonna happen.

A*O

Not sure why Anthony Callea lost (here's a Youtube clip of why he should have won) apart from some weird politically correct vote for the fat girl. Sorry to be brutal but if people were trying to make a point they were wasting their time. Showbiz doesn't like fatties and in any event I don't think Casey's voice was that great to begin with. She had lots of teenage angst and didn't fit the 'mould' so perhaps she gained a fanbase from that but we all know it's not going to happen.

Anthony Callea:
    YouTube - Anthony Callea - The Prayer

Casey Donnovan:
    YouTube - Casey Donovan - Beautiful
    Dame Edna Everage

^CANT BELIEVE Anthony didn't win. What a load of shit. I refuse to believe she had more public votes!

I reckon David A will collapse if he wins ; he's a nervous wreck!

Elite Member

Thanks for those clips, A*O. I loved The Prayer performance. I think one of my favorites though was Hold the Line. Anthony, much like David A., was pretty ballady in the beginning of the show and then came out after some criticism and rocked it out. Wow!

Hold the Line
    YouTube - Anthony Callea - Hold The Line

I also loved Back at One. Simply amazing.
    YouTube - Anthony Callea

Anthony got the last laugh though. His career is pretty solid and his ever-loyal fanbase is quite amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I reckon David A will collapse if he wins ; he's a nervous wreck!
    I have a feeling he just might collapse. He can barely get through the results night without looking like he's about to vomit or pass out. I think he holds himself to an incredibly high standard that he never thinks he meets. I believe he's very genuine in that he can't believe he's still there. This makes me incrediby excited for the finale. If he wins, I think we're going to see the best reaction of any winner yet.

^Yeah, part of me wants him to win just to see his reaction!

One of my favourite Idol's performance is the Prayer by Anthony C...it was amazing!!!

A*O

Aussie Idol 'nasty' judge Dicko said it's the best AI performance he ever heard which is praise indeed from him. As you know, I'm a bitter old bitch but that performance still brings me to tears and for all the right reasons. It's not the type of music I go for really but Anthony has real talent - a bit like David A - but he's more resiliant and Lord knows you need to be in that business. Hey, let's get David A to sing The Prayer!!! It would be a very interesting comparison and I think he'd nail it too.
    Dame Edna Everage

David A reminds me so much of Anthony. Although Anthony didnt look petrified all the time.

Does anyone remember when Ryan said during one of the shows that David doesn't eat on the day of a performance? What does that tell ya about the poor kid's nerves!

Thread Information