Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

If Jason didn't have a face made by God himself his ass would have been gone long ago.

I don't want another week of Brooke... Fuuuck!

I thought Carly would have made it to the four.
    I can't fathom why Brooke is still there.

David Cook all the way.Can't wait to see him do Neil Diamond.

Dlisted always has a great roundup:

Oh well! Carly Hennessey...I mean, Smithson or whatever the fuck her name is, was given the heave ho off of "American Idol" last night. Of course, Carly was the only one that I could stand to watch. I'm not missing the bitch. Her teeth were starting to scare me anyway.
    This is what happened. Bitch sang "Jesus Christ Superstar" and the redneck Christians did not like that shit one bit. They thought it was dark-sided, so they stayed away from her ass. That's that.
    Brooke White is officially the new Kristy Lee Cook. That ho should have gone! We've already seen what she can do and I've seen better "coffee house girl angst" from Phoebe on "Friends." I bet you Brooke White can't do Smelly Cat the same way Phoebe can. Next week is Neil Diamond week and I don't think my ears or eyes are ready to see Brooke do something like Sweet Caroline. NO! All the blunts in the world could not make that pleasing.
    Basically, Jason, Brooke and Syesha will be killed off one by one in the next few weeks. David "Smug" Cook and Fetus Archuleta are the final 2.
    It Fetus Archuleta does not win, the tweens of the country will declare war on us all. Their hormones can't take it. Archuleta fans are the new Brangaloonies. These little bitches are insane. Seriously, check YouTube for their fan videos. I hope most of them get their periods soon, because they need to chill the fuck out. I can't stand David Cook either, but I hope he wins just so Fetus Archuleta can give us another expression when he loses. Every week, he gives us the same "golly gee" grin. He's like Cecil Turtle. Somebody tell him that if he doesn't give us another expression this week, his daddy is going to beat his ass good!

Dlisted | Be Very Afraid
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Brooke and her bottom lip facial tic thingy, where she kinda brings her bottom lip over her bucked teeth is driving me INSANE!!!!!!!!
    at least she recognized that she talks over the judges.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Exactly how I felt! Why,why,why.

And Jason KNEW his ass was just lucky!

at least he's humble, Brooke seems to think she deserves to be where she is.

Do you all ever go to youtube and listen to the entire song or buy any of their music?

I loved Jason's Hallelujah totally. I do think he is a down to earth person,but stubborn to the point of self destruction! Andrew & everyone else tried to talk him out of ruining Memories,but no! And his dreads overpower his head-a distraction.He could do really well if he started taking some advice.
    How could Brooke really believe she deserves this more than Carley?? I think David C will win,if he gets there.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

David C won't win because I want him to... no one I want to win ever does!

Dlisted is spot on. Except about the David Cook is smug; I don't see it. I don't want Archuleta to win; he doesn't have the confidence to be famous, and singers like him are a dime a dozen.

Carly Smithson: The Girls Struggle to Get Votes

April 24, 2008
    For someone who was just eliminated from the country’s biggest reality competition, Carly Smithson is surprisingly happy. “No more theme songs!” she jokes with reporters during a conference call Thursday. “I’m not that sad to be leaving. I enjoyed every minute there really, but we’re back in two weeks to start preparing for the tour and the finale.” Smithson also clarified the comment she made Wednesday about remembering her lyrics (it wasn’t about Brooke White!), who she has tattooed on her arm (it’s not Amy Winehouse!) and why she believes the guys have an advantage.
    What was going through your head when you heard you were in the bottom two?
    Not one person feels safe anymore. We’re all just grateful for the experience. I know I feel American Idol has given me such a gift, such a platform to be able to launch myself off of.
    What do you make of Randy [Jackson] saying it was a popularity factor and Paula [Abdul] mentioning the fan basis last night?
    I agree a little bit. … But I think the boys this year [have an advantage]. Women vote for the show. It’s obvious. I definitely feel the girls had a bit of a struggle this year with trying to get the popularity vote. The boys are definitely charming the females a lot and they’re very talented too.
    There’s a feeling that it’s going to come down to the two David’s. Do you see it that way?
    I have no idea. It’s anyone’s game. People have they’re favorites already if you know what I mean. It could be anything. [Jason] Castro could look into the camera and bat his eyelids, go into his amazing falsetto voice. Brooke could melt someone’s heart. Everyone’s so different. Nobody saw Michael Johns going home. No body saw Alaina Whitaker going home. There’s all these shocking eliminations. There could be another shocker.
    Do you have a favorite?
    My favorite went a long time ago. My favorite was Amanda Overmyer. She was fantastic. Obviously, I love all of the rest of the people. I could never pick a favorite.
    After you sang last night, you made comment about remembering the lyrics. Some people thought you were referring to Brooke, who forgot her lyrics but made it through to next week. Were actually talking about yourself?
    Oh yeah. That song was last minute. When I sang for Andrew Lloyd Webber I had learned the other song, “All I Ask for You,” and there’s a lot of words in “Jesus Christ Superstar.” I fumbled on a few lyrics and I was coming up on the performance and I was talking to Andrew in the back. I knew all the words in the moment but I knew as soon as I got on the stage I was going to fumble on a few … Last night I got them all right, but I did change one and Andrew knew about it. I called Simon [Cowell] the king of the crop instead of the pick of the crop but that was on purpose. I thought that would be funny.
    What Neil Diamond song would you have sung if you had stuck around for next week?
    I was planning to sing “Sweet Caroline” and … I was actually going to do it with a cello and a piano and make it like a slower.
    What is the significance of your Amy Winehouse tattoo?
    It’s actually a geisha. It’s so funny. Even Andrew Lloyd Webber said, “Oh look, you have Amy Winehouse on your arm.” I was like, “No.” It was funny. But I love my tattoo. That was one thing on the show that really bothered me — that it wasn’t finished and we never get any time. I really wanted to go and get it finished. Her face will be white. Her lips will be red and she’ll look nothing like Amy Winehouse once it’s finished.

Carly Smithson: The Girls Struggle to Get Votes - PEOPLE TV Watch
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I loved it when Carly said, "And I didn't even forget the lyrics!" as she was booted off.

^

And finally, an answer to the tattoo on her arm.

^^ Yes!

I get so tired of reading these interviews with the eliminated contestants where they claim everything on American Idol is all sunshine and rainbows and that they're all best friends and have no problem with the way things turn out. Just once I'd like to see one of them address some issues like:
    • The judges bend over backwards to kiss the asses of their inexplicable favorites and passive aggressively slam the ones they don't like, even if they gave better performances.
    • It's disappointing to be eliminated before someone who TWICE hasn't been able to get through a song without starting over.
    • The themes revolving around specific artists are getting ridiculous and are too limiting.
    • Some of the contestants think they're a lot better than they actually are

Does anyone really believe that none of them have problems with these sorts of things?

Also, Archuleta totally looks like he's going to shit himself in fear every time Seacrest asks him a question. It's getting worse as the series goes on. It's so awkward it's almost painful to watch.

Vote for the Worst

this might explain why Brooke the facemaker is still there.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Brooke should have been the one to go. Even she thought so!

As for Jason, I really don't think he gives a crap anymore......or perhaps he never really did.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Also, Archuleta totally looks like he's going to shit himself in fear every time Seacrest asks him a question. It's getting worse as the series goes on. It's so awkward it's almost painful to watch.
    I blame the AI fans. They bitched and complained during his Hollywood/Shop Around days that he was too giddy and smiley and so now we get tortured and stifled in its place. I want the 'old' David back!!!

Did you hear the latest?
    Archuleta Divorce? - Channel: CelebTV on LiveVideo.com

<I>IDOL</I> STAR'S PARENTS FILED FOR DIVORCE - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

Is this kid ever going to catch a break? Why can't the media just focus on David and not all the family drama? What does any of it have to do with the competition? He's definitely got the most pressure on those tiny shoulders of his. All things considered, I can't believed he's weathered things as well as he has.

A*O

I don't think David A has the maturity or the strength of character to survive long in showbiz, especially if he wins. It's not his fault - he's been controlled and sheltered by his father but the poor lad already looks like he's heading for some kind of nervous collapse. It's just too much for his fragile temperament. It will end in tears.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

FETUS ARCHULETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh GAWD I just had to pull on my asthma pump, then change my depends.

Thread Information