Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    American Idol contestant David Cook will have a very special guest in the audience Tuesday and Wednesday night — his brother Adam Cook. Adam, 36, is suffering from brain cancer.
    “Adam and Kendra plan to attend the Idol shows with a medic and a nurse.

people.com
    What a horrible heart break. I don't know how he has managed this. It has to be hard. He gets my vote for just holding it together.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Not to be heartless and rude, but did People magazine really need to tell the world that? Talk about getting the pity vote.

i actually think its nice they told that. everyone has been wondering about the brother. they've had the sympathy vote for someone every season.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I doubt if he is happy if he gets votes that way. He would trade it all for his brother back,I think.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

And I wonder who told People about this? Talk about media manipulation.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I never vote, but if I did it wouldn't be because of sympathy.

I'm sorry to hear about his poor brother though. Maybe all this excitement will give him a boost.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I could see it being sympathy voting if here weren't good.. but IMO he's the best one on the show. (talent wise).

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    And I wonder who told People about this? Talk about media manipulation.
    Exactly.

Elite Member

I'm glad David Cook's brother is going to get to see him perform. It's a really sad story and I give David props for how he's handled everything. Personally, I don't believe he's looking for sympathy votes. I always get the impression he tries to keep this very private. If he gets a few extra votes this week, I'm okay with that. I don't think it will hurt David A. anyway. So he's #2 for a week. *shrugs*

Besides, some might make the argument David A.'s been doing the same thing with the 'Stage Dad from Hell' story that I'm starting to believe. Naomi Judd pretty much confirmed the rumors during the CMT Awards the other night by calling Archie's dad "bad news". God I feel for the kid. Maybe he'd be better off not winning. ...........on second thought "Nah".

I feel sorry for both David's. They are the biggest talents there, I'm not thrilled with anyone else who is left.

You can just tell by looking at David A and how tense he is all the time, that he gets abused.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    You can just tell by looking at David A and how tense he is all the time, that he gets abused.
    Yeah, I love the kid, but there's something a bit 'off' about him. He seems a bit stunted in maturity. I suspect it's one of the reasons why people are so protective of him. I can only pray that if something is happening backstage, TPTB would step in. Hopefully ratings aren't more important than a child who is being verbally, emotionally and/or, God forbid, physically abused. Naomi's comment pretty much confirmed for me that all is not right.

A*O

Totally - he's terrified of upsetting Daddy Dearest. The constant lip licking and nervous eye movements all scream abuse to me. Poor kid, he does have talent but I worry what will happen if he doesn't win.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

What did she say exactly? Was it in print, or in person? If so, did she look concerned?

I love the kid too. I know the girls have a romantic crush on him, but mine is more of a maternal thing!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    Totally - he's terrified of upsetting Daddy Dearest. The constant lip licking and nervous eye movements all scream abuse to me. Poor kid, he does have talent but I worry what will happen if he doesn't win.
    'Daddy Dearest', reminds me of Mommy Dearest, what a horror.
    I did laugh when I saw the 'Lick Those Lips' sign in the audience. That was classic.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I worry what will happen if he doesn't win.
    Or if he does. I don't think "Daddy Dearest" is going anywhere. It's really no wonder they say he's missing him mom desparately. She's probably the buffer.

What did she say exactly? Was it in print, or in person? If so, did she look concerned?
    I don't have a clip, but it's referenced on several boards today. TwoP for instance: (WARNING: SPOILER FOR TONIGHT'S SONG)

David Archuleta - TWoP Forums

See Post#1316 and #1317

I love the kid too. I know the girls have a romantic crush on him, but mine is more of a maternal thing!
    Same. It's a bit scary that some of the more 'mature' set are lusting after his body.

I wonder if the rumors are true that he's singing accapella tonight .....and that he's been quite sick the past few days.

You know..Mariah seems like a really nice person. She actually seems genuine and kind.

I can't wait to hear Brooke or Kristy Lee do a Mariah song, considering both have weak vocal skills with barely any range.

Thread Information