Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

if i find out david A's daddy is hurting my boy in anyway, i'm gonna hunt him down. mean ol' man
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    this week someone had a sign in the audience that said 'keep licking those lips!' lol
    I saw that, how embarassing for him.
    I just watched Michael go. I'm so sad! He looked like he wanted to cry. Don't worry mate, I'll do it for ya.

Its so wrong.. that decision sucked.

Elite Member

Yeah, that poster was disturbing to say the least.

I, too, was very sad to see Michael go. He was my second favorite. I'm not usually a 'grassy knoll' type, but I'm highly suspicious of those votes. Do any of us honestly believe that Kristy or Syesha garnered more votes than the hotness that is Michael Johns? It's the first time I've ever considered the fact that this show might be rigged.

A*O

It's absolutely rigged. I don't know why they pretend otherwise. We are not stupid. I'm not bothering to watch any more. David A has been picked as the winner from day #1.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^I'm surprised though, usually Simon doesn't care for the precocious child singers.

This batch of contestants is especially bad imo. Not an ounce of charisma among the lot of them.

I'm sad over Michael Johns, he provided nice eyecandy.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Eli

He has? I didn't pick it until I saw the love here.
    I think if anyone's going to win by force of the producers, it will be sweet-ol'-thang Kelly-Lee or whatever the fuck her hickey nobody name is. Either that or her "stellar" God Bless America song really made people proud to waste their money on her.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It's absolutely rigged. I don't know why they pretend otherwise. We are not stupid. I'm not bothering to watch any more. David A has been picked as the winner from day #1.
    I don't feel this way at all! Time after time we see favorites kicked off-I think people decide that one is safe,I'll vote for this one since he/she needs it more. David A might win-he is really good. It would be on his own merits. The horror would be if one of the Bimbo ones picked up a big enough following and won! This I know: they are all getting lots of exposure. Anyone who is really good (by expert music standards) will get record contracts and a long time career. We don't always pick the best-and the Judges have always hated that. Their careers sink rapidly anyhow!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Yeah, that poster was disturbing to say the least.

I, too, was very sad to see Michael go. He was my second favorite. I'm not usually a 'grassy knoll' type, but I'm highly suspicious of those votes. Do any of us honestly believe that Kristy or Syesha garnered more votes than the hotness that is Michael Johns? It's the first time I've ever considered the fact that this show might be rigged.
    I know! I refuse to believe it. It's like his phone line was messed up or something and all his calls weren't coming through; it just makes no sense! I am so upset. He didn't deserve to go, no way. Why the hell is Castro still there, he CAN'T sing.

Hows this article!

So what does the Michael Johns elimination mean for American Idol? With an elimination this shocking and this early it might be time to change the method of voting on American Idol. The popular show is risking losing a lot of viewers as voters text and call for lesser talent, and the show then suffers for several weeks. It can easily be argued that Johns is more talented than Carly Smithson and Sayesha Mercado.

It's also easy to say that Michael Johns has more talent on stage than Kristy Lee Cook. The Australian singer should have definitely made the top five this season and he certainly should have not been eliminated before the aforementioned singers. But that is idol, it is nothing more than a call in show where talent is not as important as the pre-teen kids that call in and vote and then text until their fingers bleed.

Unlike some, I really have no issues with David Archuleta winning American Idol and rest assured, he is bringing this thing home in a walk. His songs are not for me, but his talent is good and American idol might have the chance to market him. But how boring is this knowing that he has such a fan base that no other contestant even has a chance at winning. Why should I continue to watch?

I am a fan of Jason Castro, Brooke White and David Cook, so I will hang in there for a while. My hope is that one of them performs so much better than Archuleta that it just looks ridiculous when David Archuleta finally wins. All of our American Idol coverage is here, and so far most are expressing big time shock over the exit.
    National Ledger - Michael Johns Elimination From American Idol Proves Voting Must Change
    Last edited by DitaPage*; April 13th, 2008 at 08:50 AM.

Eh...these "shocking" eliminations happen every year on Idol--Constantine Maroulis (yeah, he's a sleaze but nobody expected him to go before Scott Savol), Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, ANYbody who was voted off before Sanjaya.. Even Season 1 had judge-favorite Tamyra Gray booted before Nikki McKibben. And I still refuse to believe Ruben Studdard had a bigger fanbase than the crazed Claymates.

I don't think Michael Johns deserved to go before some of the others but I don't think he had a chance of winning either so at this point it doesn't really matter. He'll have the same opportunities he would have had if he came in 4th or 5th.

I don't know if it's rigged, but it seems to be a pattern, and it always gets everyone's attention...AI gets more press, viewers decide they really need to vote, etc. etc. etc.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think people didn't vote for Michael because they thought it was in the bag for him. He would be up with there with the two David's.

Simon has changed his feelings about the young singers because of Jordin Sparks last year, she was seventeen and by far the best singer. She's matured a lot, last year she was all giggles. So I think Simon just judges them on their talent.

I like Simon and I'm tired of the same old jokes about him ie his boobs and his hair. However he has Americanized his teeth, they went from white to neon blue.

OK so I'm like the only person in America that is voting for Kristi Lee Cook but yo Dawgs I'm like keeping it real, know what I mean? I listen to country music, I can't help it if Miss Beauty Pageant is the only one thats country up there.

Elite Member

Thanks for the article. Some of it does ring true, though I'm not sure anymore that David A. is going to bring "this thing home in a walk". I'm praying he does. I think he deserves it, but David C. has been giving him a run for his money. This could be as close as the Clay/Ruben finale.

What I love about David is he has no clue that - with the exception of 'promgate' week - he's lead the DialIdol.com ratings from the start. I don't think it's an act. I really do believe he's that naive. The kid looks frightened to death each and every results night. I wish someone would just tell him and put him out of his misery.

Truth is, I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't win either. 2nd place is the new 1st. Plus, I think he still has a lot of growing/maturing to do. He doesn't look like a kid that's ready to head out on his own. He's too dependent on his family and I fear for him. That said, I'd love to see him in a year's time if he were to win. What a change that year would make.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    I don't think Michael Johns deserved to go before some of the others but I don't think he had a chance of winning either so at this point it doesn't really matter. He'll have the same opportunities he would have had if he came in 4th or 5th.
    Very true. I don't worry for him at all. I'd buy his CD.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    OK so I'm like the only person in America that is voting for Kristi Lee Cook but yo Dawgs I'm like keeping it real, know what I mean? I listen to country music, I can't help it if Miss Beauty Pageant is the only one thats country up there.
    Oh - so it's all your fault!

i remember when Ruben was in the bottom 3 (or was it 2) i was devastated. tears and everything (OK stfu i have no life) after that i voted and voted. so maybe the producers have a method to their madness. now, if we can just get rid of BROOKE! blech
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Eli

Just learned he was childhood friends with Heath Ledger.
    On one hand, cool. On the other, FFS!! Must every Idol contestant have these huge links to stardom???

Hit By Ban Bus!

Elisa yep it's me. If Kelly Pickler was running against Kristi I'd vote for Kelly ... I'm not all that thrilled with David C anymore.

Still like David A though and Brooke........ **running and hiding....

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Just learned he was childhood friends with Heath Ledger.
    On one hand, cool. On the other, FFS!! Must every Idol contestant have these huge links to stardom???
    No he's not, he never said that. That was something the media made up- since they are both from Perth. Are you friends with everyone in your town?

Thread Information