Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol season 7 - 2008

I can't remember all of the women...but what did you think of the guitar player? His voice cracked in a few places (due to severe nervousness we learned after) but he seems to have the entire package as well. He seemed to be genuinely surprised at his good fortune...although Hollywood can ruin the best of 'em.

He's a local boy so it will be hard not to root for him later down the line if he stays in the competition.
    Playful~

Paula was in rare form tonight. Why does she always seem normal on the audition and hollywood rounds, but on the live shows she's totally wasted?

ohhhhh Paula paula paula. she ... speaks ... in... spastic .... sentences...

i love David Archuleta. he laughs at everything, its so cute! I think Luke is going to go home, and maybe Colton. i dunno.

and i do not like Danny Noriega. one bit. he butchered that Elvis song, didnt sing with the music at all. blech

ETA to add i'm also thinking the kid that sang 'Breaking up is hard to do' might be out.
    get a haircut honey
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

David is so adorable! He is my favourite.

Michael Johns is awesome as well. Overall the men's night was quite good although some of them need to go, especially the one who sang 'breaking up'.

Can someone do me a favor and let American Idol know that Jim Morrison died in 1970?

Why is it, every year, there is a "new" JM impersonator...one year it was Constantin Maroulis....and now....I see we have *yet another* this year, the last guy who sang last night...Michael something..Johns? WTFE.

Dumba** even did his poses, his mannerisms....gag

How about bringing something original to the table...just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Broad View Post
    Can someone do me a favor and let American Idol know that Jim Morrison died in 1970?

Why is it, every year, there is a "new" JM impersonator...one year it was Constantin Maroulis....and now....I see we have *yet another* this year, the last guy who sang last night...Michael something..Johns? WTFE.

Dumba** even did his poses, his mannerisms....gag

How about bringing something original to the table...just a thought...
    Yea that impersonation bothered me as well. dude you aren't jim morrison, not even close. Stop posing.

I was really unimpressed by a lot of the people they sent through this time. That goth looking girl with the skunk hair is awful. I think she'll be this year's Nikki McKibbin; the one they send through because she's so "unique" but realize was a mistake after one or two shows when they see that she has no range and is way out of her league.

I liked Amy Catherine Flynn and thought she was a lot better than some of the people they did put through. She made a mistake letting her voice coach pick a song that she didn't even know and couldn't NAIL, but she has the vocal ability to be amazing with the right material... there's talent there- unlike Skunk who just played it safe with a raspy, half assed Janis Joplin that was delivered like a karaoke performance in a biker bar. I feel like the choices this year were just totally random- with the exception of a few people, it sure as hell doesn't seem to be based on talent.

Elite Member

I thought Ramiele was the best of the ladies last night...followed by Asia'h and then Alaina. I like Kady's voice as well, but her song choice (Groovy Kind of Love) was all wrong.

I'm probably in the minority but I like Michael Johns...a lot. I think he'll be around for a very long time. The only thing I can't help thinking is that he has a huge advantage as far as experience and marketing go having been signed to a major label before. We don't need to worry about him winning though because I think David A., my favorite, has this in the bag.

ETA: David A reminds me of Anthony Callea, a former runner-up on Australian Idol.
    Last edited by Elisa; February 21st, 2008 at 09:56 AM.

I'm just commenting on the ones I remember:

Alaina Whitaker: Great voice, good performance, but she just screams "I'm in love with myself." Like Simon said in her first audition, I don't think she's as good as she thinks she is.

Amanda Overmyer: Interesting and a nice change of pace, but again, I don't know if she has the vocals to compete with the others week after week. Paula said "you're not a one trick pony." I disagree. Until she does another "trick" (perhaps belting out a ballad), I'm not convinced that she CAN do anything but angry, raspy karaoke fare, and that's going to get old.

Amy Davis: Awful. Painful to listen to.

Asia'h Epperson: Great performance!! Just in terms of vocal ability, I don't think she's the best, but she has so much energy and she really knows how to captivate and entertain an audience. I enjoyed it.

Brooke White: I have no clue why the judges are so far up this chick's ass. Her performance was mediocre at best, and I cringed every time she sang "for all my liiiiiiiife," going flat on "life" with her voice getting extremely weak as she strained to hold the note. As she was performing, my friend and I both said something along the lines of "Simon's going to tear her a new one." I was stunned by the positive reviews she got from the judges. I was like, did they hear the same song we just heard???

Carly Smithson: Not impressed. I don't know why they're pushing this girl so hard, but it could have something to do with this. She's worked with Randy Jackson in the past, and already had her chance as a pop star and failed. Is this Randy's way of trying to give her another shot and a shit ton of free promotion?

Joanne Borgella: She seems like a sweet girl and had some good points in the song, but she was off key for a lot of it. However, I think she has a good voice and I'm hoping to see better from her next week, if she stays.

Kady Malloy: I like her. She has a great voice and a fun personality. While I didn't love her song last night, I didn't think it was as awful as the judges made it out to be. In fact, I thought it was a hell of a lot better than some of the performances they praised. I don't think she deserved that long, extended ass reaming that she got from them, especially Simon.

Kristy Lee Cook: Awful. This chick shouldn't even BE here. She can sing one song: Amazing Grace. In fact, she's done that one TWICE, using it to save her ass after she tried something else and the judges weren't impressed. Right now, she's 0 for 2 when singing anything other than Amazing Grace. She comes across like a karaoke singer. Big, cheesy facial expressions and stiff, awkward "dancing". Go home.

Ramiele Malubay: Very good. She has the total package and I could see her winning the whole thing. I wasn't crazy about her song, and I think with anyone else it could have been very boring, but her voice is just so pretty that you want to listen.

Most of them have shown poor judgement in their choice of song. The audience was on their side-ready to go and with a few exceptions BOTH nights were borderline boring. They do choose their own songs,right? They could have knocked us to our knees and failed.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I agree 100%^^.
    I think it is gonna be the ladies in the top 5. None of the guys really impressed me. They are gonna have to pick up their game a lot.

PS: HI Simon! I was told you read gossiprocks!!!

Silver Member

Jason Castro is my new TV boyfriend. Loved the song, loved the performance, and he has a cute, cute smile. Yum!

i like that Simon agrees with me again! it irks me to no end, that he doesnt say shit when Paula and randy speak, but the minute simon speaks , paula and Randy interrupt him like crazy. i love me some Simon
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Silver Member

I'm going out on a limb here and predicting that Jason Yeager, Chikezie (only one name? yuck.), Amy Davis and Joanne Borgella are going home tonight.

oh my freakinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn gawd, the crybabies tonite. those ridiculous women bawling after someone was kicked off.

but i'm glad Colton went home. me no likey
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information